Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcLovin
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2007 edited
    Furthermore, I hate dumb people. Discuss.  

Examples:  

Person: I need help with a CPU.  
    Me: Are you looking for Intel or AMD?  
    Person: Probably Intel. Something with about 1GB of RAM, 200GB hard drive or so.  
    Me: Oh, you're referring to a computer... they're back there in the computer department.  
    Person: They just sent me over here.  
    Me: That's because you asked for a CPU. Ask for a computer.  
    Person: But I don't need the monitor or anything, just the CPU.  
    Me: A CPU is a processor chip that is inside the actual computer tower. You can buy a computer without a monitor. They are on display with monitors but you do not have to buy the monitor. Just ask them for help with a computer and they will help you.  
    (People also call computers "hard drives" or even "modems.")  

Person: I need to buy some memory.  
    Me: Ok what type?  
    Person: What are your prices on a 512?  
    Me: Yeah that's the size, but do you know what kind?  
    Person: I don't know! You work here, you should know!  
    Me: Umm there are like 10 different kinds of memory. I need to know what kind your computer takes in order to give you the right one.  
    Person: It's for a Compact (yes... they say "Compact").  
    Me: Do you know the Compaq model number?  
    Person: No.  
    Me: How old is it?  
    Person: A few years old maybe, but I bought it from someone.  
    Me: You don't happen to know what type it is... DDR, SDRAM, PC133, PC2700, anything sound familiar?  
    Person: No. (frustrated)  
    Me: Ok I can guess what type it is and if I'm wrong you can return it for upto 15 days. Otherwise I'd suggest doing a little research and finding out what kind it is.  
    Person: Can't you just give me some prices?  
    Me: Sure I can but that's not gonna help if I'm wrong about what kind of memory your computer takes.  

Person: Where are your memory sticks?  
    Me: Do you mean USB flash drives or Sony memory sticks for a camera?  
    Person: Yeah flash drives.  

Person: I need a UBS (yes... U B S) cable/card/whatever.  

Person: I have a Linksky (pronounced Link-ski) router.  

God I hate people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2007
    Lol.  

and how about link-see or link-sees router?  

Or people who want the wireless install but don't have any form of internet access or want wireless with the dial up connection?Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    GIMME YOUR BEST KENSINGTON MEMORY LIKE MAYBE 200 GIGS WHAT NO THATS TOO MUCH WHAT DO YOU HAVE THATS CHEAPER OK WHAT DO YOU HAVE THATS CHEAPER OK NEVER MIND WHERE CAN I FIND A CABLE YOU KNOW A CABLE FOR MY ADAPTER.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    How about a computer with 256k memory?  

Bill Gates:640K ought to be enough for anybody.
    Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2007 edited
    lol, 1 geegai am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2007
    no...90% of fry's customers are dumb hahathe wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2007
    It has nothing to do with stupidness. 99% of people are ignorant.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2007
    McLovin:Person: I need a UBS (yes... U B S) cable/card/whatever.

I've encountered this many times.  

howard:Or people who want the wireless install but don't have any form of internet access or want wireless with the dial up connection?

Also encountered this.  

How about when foreigners (90% of the time) call a GigaByte, a "JiggaByte", it annoys me.I shit trains, Now what?
  1.  permalink
    show them your avatar ... then instead of jiggabyte it will be jigglebyte LOL:face-devil-grin:We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2007 edited
    If these forums allowed bigger avatar resolutions, i'd use my favorite .gif one. It has jiggleness.I shit trains, Now what?
  2.  permalink
    is that the one that shows on your "about" page?:face-devil-grin:We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Yeah. Awesome isn't it?I shit trains, Now what?
  3.  permalink
    we had a sale assc in cameras that had actions just like that:face-devil-grin:We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Do you have pictures of this associate? I would like to see so called jiggles.:face-devil-grin:I shit trains, Now what?
  4.  permalink
    i have pics of her at the club she used to dance at .. will have to find themWe are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    HuskerMychal:i have pics of her at the club she used to dance at .. will have to find them

Do it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Seconded.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPrincess
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2007
    :face-monkey:Here's another one.....  

Customers: I'm looking for a computer.  

Me: Great! What type of applications do you/would like to run on it?  

Customers: We don't need anything fancy, it's just for home use.  

Me: (In my mind of course) Naw....really? You mean you're actually gonna use it inside your home? of all places, I never would've guessed. You mean you didn't plan on strapping it to the hood of your car so you could multitask while driving or anything like that? "home use" huh.. well that there just doesn't get any more specific. Duhhh...  

Please ...people. Be more specific.:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    That's really not so bad. In components people come up and ask for adapters, or cables.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    Princess::face-monkey:Here's another one.....  

Me: (In my mind of course) Naw....really? You mean you're actually gonna use it inside your home? of all places, I never would've guessed. You mean you didn't plan on strapping it to the hood of your car so you could multitask while driving or anything like that? "home use" huh.. well that there just doesn't get any more specific. Duhhh...  

"Does it come with Internet Explorer?"Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007 edited
    And here is the cellphones for the dumb.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007
    Princess::face-monkey:Here's another one.....  

Right.. so I guess the possibility that they needed it for the office completely escapes you. Like when I went looking for a suitable computer for my work I said "I need a computer with a bunch of memory to run Photoshop, Flash, InDesign, Quickbooks and Firefox all at the same time with thousands of pages, pictures, and swfs open in each, and I need a humongous graphics card." So if I said "Nothing fancy, its just for home use", you can see what a far cry that would be than, "Something fancy, for work"  
    People hate people who know what they need/want more than they hate people who don't. Believe you me. Those people who 'know what they want' are far too picky for the average salesman. You'd never survive me. Last time I bought a printer at Frys I said "I want a printer with great colours with no colour bias with an sd, cf, xd slot and scanner. And preferably a fax. But cheap and good printing."  
    Do you think any of them knew what I was talking about? No. How can they tell that the printer spews out more green than magenta? They arent even that knowledgeable about their products in the first place. I ended up getting a lexmark because it was wireless. And cheap. It wasnt at frys though.Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    I love how everyone's bashing a group of people, then Ayahu comes along and puts them to shame by presenting something from the other perspective. I have a feeling you would be one of those people I would have great conversations with about anything and everything. :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2007
    Too much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2007
    "I want a laptop, nothing fancy, im not doing any gaming." all the laptops aren't suitable for gaming loli am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    worm:"I want a laptop, nothing fancy, im not doing any gaming." all the laptops aren't suitable for gaming lol

I really don't get much of that.. i get "I want a reeally fast laptop with 2gb of ram and a good graphics card, but I only want to pay around $500-$600" heck or even $700-$900 it ain't happening.  

Heck for the fun of it.. "I want a laptop that has a lot of bang for the buck."  
    "ok here it is for $2000.. it used to be $3000." and of course they really just want a laptop for $600-$800I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    m_tux:
    worm:"I want a laptop, nothing fancy, im not doing any gaming." all the laptops aren't suitable for gaming lol

I really don't get much of that.. i get "I want a reeally fast laptop with 2gb of ram and a good graphics card, but I only want to pay around $500-$600" heck or even $700-$900 it ain't happening.  

"ok here it is for $2000.. it used to be $3000." and of course they really just want a laptop for $600-$800

My laptop came with 2gb ram and it was on sale there at frys for 599.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    AyaHu:
    m_tux:

"ok here it is for $2000.. it used to be $3000." and of course they really just want a laptop for $600-$800

My laptop came with 2gb ram and it was on sale there at frys for 599.

but will it play games? I mean first person shooters? I have seen one in my dept around $600 with 2gb.. but its an older model..... open box and doesnt look in good shape/..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    2 GB ram doesn't mean shit nowadays.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2007
    Ayaho or Yahoo however you say your name... If you have so much money enough to buy expensive ass Louis Vuiton Bags and other name brand shit then why don't you spend your money and get a good laptop? I know if your Louis Vuitton bag is genuine it proberly cost you more than your Laptop which to me doesn't make sense... Unless your bag is fake... Anyways don't you make alot of money modeling? Lets see how many people agree with me... And Im guessing for around $599 you paid you got an older processor like an Amd Athlon which I am sorry to say sucks! I seen a laptop that matches your description a Toshiba Amd Athlond with 2gb Ram and a 80 GB Hard Drive. Honey now a days 2gb cost $40! That don't mean shit just like Sasquatch said. Its all about what processor you have and I know for $599 you didn't get anything good.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  6.  permalink
    flea:Its all about what processor you have and I know for $599 you didn't get anything good.

Actually, I'd say it's more about what video card you have in the system.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    InvoluntaryRebellion:
    flea:Its all about what processor you have and I know for $599 you didn't get anything good.

Your a dumbass! Most laptops dont' have a graphics card. Most have a shared graphics card...Plus if Ayaho got the Toshiba that I think she got it has a shared Nvidia 7150 Graphics Card. If anything get a computer with a Intel X3100 Graphics chipset which is much better. Anyone will tell you that the processor is the most important part of a computer especially a laptop. What good is it to have the same 7150 shared graphics card on a celeron vs a core 2 duo do you see what I mean... You don''t make sense InvoluntaryRebellion!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    flea:Ayaho or Yahoo however you say your name... If you have so much money enough to buy expensive ass Louis Vuiton Bags and other name brand shit then why don't you spend your money and get a good laptop? I know if your Louis Vuitton bag is genuine it proberly cost you more than your Laptop which to me doesn't make sense... Unless your bag is fake... Anyways don't you make alot of money modeling? Lets see how many people agree with me... And Im guessing for around $599 you paid you got an older processor like an Amd Athlon which I am sorry to say sucks! I seen a laptop that matches your description a Toshiba Amd Athlond with 2gb Ram and a 80 GB Hard Drive. Honey now a days 2gb cost $40! That don't mean shit just like Sasquatch said. Its all about what processor you have and I know for $599 you didn't get anything good.

OOOOOOhhhhhhh, burn. ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    flea:
    InvoluntaryRebellion:

Your a dumbass! Most laptops dont' have a graphics card. Most have a shared graphics card...Plus if Ayaho got the Toshiba that I think she got it has a shared Nvidia 7150 Graphics Card. If anything get a computer with a Intel X3100 Graphics chipset which is much better. Anyone will tell you that the processor is the most important part of a computer especially a laptop. What good is it to have the same 7150 shared graphics card on a celeron vs a core 2 duo do you see what I mean... You don''t make sense InvoluntaryRebellion!

Wtf? Laptops have video cards man... I'll be taking that trophy back.
  7.  permalink
    Just because you're talking about shitty laptops with shared graphics, doesn't mean that makes it universal. Regardless, I doubt anyone will tell you that the processor is the most important part of the computer. Let's take something like gaming, which I think we can agree on is something a lot of computers are used for. You can take a system with a high end video card and decent ram, pair it with something like a single core AMD 3200+, and still run the majority of games without much of a problem, including games like FEAR or Oblivion. Of course, laptops don't pair low end processors with high end video, so it doesn't apply there... but the point is that the processor can hardly be considered the end all to computer purchases.  

flea:What good is it to have the same 7150 shared graphics card on a celeron vs a core 2 duo do you see what I mean...

No, I really don't. Shared graphics are dependent on the system's ram, so they'll perform the same regardless of the processor they're paired with. Sure, I'd rather have the Core 2 Duo, but I'll take a computer with a shitty processor and great video card over the opposite any day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007 edited
    First of all you're all fools. How can an xbox 360 (shared graphics card) or ps3 have under 512mb of ram and still out perform all these crappy vista machines. Vista looks really nice but I know Microsoft can do better. You need a gig of ram just to power on the machine. OSX and Linux can do all these glitzy graphics in under 512mb of ram without the slowdowns you see on a vista machine with 2gb of ram. Maybe it's the DirectX vs the OpenGL core they use for composite window rendering. I'm not entirely sure where all this ram is gonging. I will give props out the MS for putting stress on the memory industry which has dropped their price so much. It looks like we will be pushed into 64bit computing in 2008. Check your POS there are systems that include 4gb of ram. Though I don't know what application other than vista will use this much memory.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007
    OK, everybody shut up. Video performance largely depends on what GPU a system is running, be it a dedicated card, or integrated. Integrated video is NOT all the same. There are many chipsets for integrated video, some being more powerful than others. For example, the Intel 950 graphics chipset is not nearly as capable as the AMD 690 graphics chipset.