Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    took all of 5 minutes to post that :] takes that long if not longer to register on most forums
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    AMA Former Computer Department Supervisor
    computers department
    Moral is still down in the computer department
    Store 22 Computer Department
    Average hours worked by Department Managers
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrostbytes89
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010 edited
    deleted.
  3.  permalink
    Frostbytes89 you are a lair you sucked in sales ive seen your numbers you sucked before this commisson thing even started. You actually have no right to talk about anything you don't even try to sell. You live at home with mommy and daddy you will never succeed in life with this piss poor attitude you convey. Just do everyone a favor and quit. Fry's has done so much for so many this company is so easy to work for. And pay the employess extremely well. Go sell some POPTARTS slacker. If your only ambitions are to collect unemployment you are actually doing more harm to the USA economy then helping. We dont want to pay for your slackerish tendencies. School you need to go to back to high school and learn what it means to be a grown up. Grow up already if you aint happy don't let the door hit you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    to guest,  
    you see this whole problem is not about one mans plight, its about frys general lack of caring and just doing shady business practices. There are a lot of ways frys could have made the salesmen feel more at ease. Paper woork explaining what is going on and why frys is doing what its doing such as a business posting to all salesmen from randy fry. Explanations from actual people that know what they are talking about and can answer any and every question. I still have many unanswered questions that when asked many higher ups look confused. Another bad thing was the way higher ups were trying to sell the idea to us. The company could have gone a more professional route but chose to make it look like they were trying to get around laws to make this happen. I know many sups and DMs care about alot of thier workers and it stresses them to see a good guy that works hard not make the medium to feed his children. Noone has a the heart to just throw them out thats why all the numbers goto home office where they dont see anything other then numbers and fire them. Do DMs have any say anymore, from what ive seen and heard NO. Good people will conform and bad ones too. We will all try our best to make what money we can and have more of a bitter taste for frys more then ever but the fact is things have gotten harder and will continue too........  
    so to the guest. please make an account so we can continue this conversation. and dont look at just his post look at his post being maybe how a lot of people are feeling, maybe you might be feeling the same or you best friend. :face-monkey:
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010 edited
    WELL HELLO dept manager or supervisor or hell maybe even assistant manager but for now we can just call you the douche bag guest :) thank you SO much for displaying an ignorant AD Hominem argument like you just did. It has really displayed the ignorance of yourself. You see instead of attacking the issue, or defending your company you don't really have an argument. This is because it is obvious to EVERYBODY that what Fry's is doing is not right. SURE it may be legal, but it isn't right. BUT instead of retaliating with an intelligent argument, you simply attack my sales skills and call me a "liar" and that I and stupid. Come on douche bag guest, what are we in the fifth grade? Although you would like me to quit you see i remember you telling me I'm intelligent. Fry's screwed me over when i was actually sacrificing for it. And what would be the intelligent thing to do to a company that screws you over with no remorse? Well in this case the reason they screwed sales team is to save them money on labor. AND since i can get unemplyment where they have to pay me even tho I'm not doing anything, PERFECT REVENGE! Anyway- I was actually trying. I was able to bring myself up from making this company 1000 dollars in gp a week to almost 4000 dollars in gp per week. Then Fry's cut my pay in half and it completely taking advantage of me and every other sales man. I'm the only one complaining huh? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THIS FORUM IS COMPOSED OF look around. There's a thread with over 300 people commenting about how much they were screwed over. Where the fuck do you think i got the motivation and inspiration from to fight this greedy ass company? What Fry's is doing is legal, but it is not right.  
    Now let's talk about you douche bag guest :) I know a lot about you. I know the way management works in store 29. If you aren't a favorite, you go nowhere. I have a case with an attorney ready to press charges on Store 29 for racism. I have a white witness/ victim. Let's see race of dept manager, cuban/ latino. 2 months ago Race of sup. 1 latino, race of sup 2. latino. race of sup 3 latino . sup 4. african american. race of mt, caucasion. Sup 2 gets promoted directly into dept manager position in another dept. Sup 3 moves to sup 2. and one would think that the mt would get promoted to the now open sup 3 spot considering he has been in the dept for 2 years as an mt. BUT nope, a latino from ANOTHER DEPARTMENT gets brought over to our department and promoted to sup 3. Then the white mt fights through the BS to get promoted after 3 tries into another department. I also know alllll about one of your 5 day suspensions so i would think about that before you go attacking the personal life of a pissed off employee. Also i have talked to four supervisors from other departments confirming that the management of Store 29 is the most corrupt they have ever seen in any company they have ever worked with.  
    As for defense of my name, yes i am slacking at work. I will not contribute to free labor at Fry's electronics for a shitty corrupt manager any longer. I will sell only ad items and items with lowest GP for the company until I am fired. And then i will apply for unemployment which should be JUST enough to pay off my car. The only reason i have a job is to pay of my car. Otherwise my school is payed for. And guess what douche bag guest, I'm a computer science major. That means that while I'm slackin off at this shitty ass place you call a job, I'm getting a degree if you even kno how to spell that. And then I'll get a REAL job makin tripple what your dead end job is makin while you play boss and at a fuckin retail store. Suck off that asshat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFa1al Err0r
    Rofl im glad i read this b4 i tried applying for frys again.. This is some sickening corruption. Yea ill probably be contacting channel two news as well. I mean this is more interesting than 90% of the crap they put on tv ne way..:face-smile:  

Thats some management u got going there mr. guest.. you know completely not caring about employees opinions and go as far as insulting them over the internet. Professionals don't do that little kids on world of warcraft forums do that lol..
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    personally I think you should backoff ranting that you need to pay your $600 car payment... That is a HIGH car payment that would be stretching it for most people not working a stable, high paying job.. You should have choose a car that would have netted a smaller car payment that you can afford paying if something were to happen at Fry's.. considering it is sales and not so stable.. You need to start living within your means..  

but good luck with fighting Frys..and more so finding another job after they fire you..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    Sales Representative: Computer Sales

Hello everyone. I will remain guest for anonymous purposes.

The change in removal of the base pay was a terrible move by the company in which its sole purpose was to simply cut back on labor costs; plain and simple. It is extremely sad to see unwilling accessory personnel get bumped to sales with very little knowledge simply to increase the percentage of attachment rate. Reason for it, to increase the percentage of attach rate being done by other large scale stores with a higher amount of sales personnel.
    It is sad to see this technique being used for the fact that the ones that produce the least, get released. When originally, they did not want to get promoted to sales and maintain a steady pay to maintain themselves or better yet, a family. It is upsetting to know this company has no care for associates or sympathy for those that enjoy a current position they may have that does not involve difficult sales or quotas. I have seen associates come and go like nothing. Some very good, responsible, with great work ethics, come and go.

You guys need to accept that this company is greedy. It is true. We need to accept their concept-- You don't produce...then your out.

I don't enjoy working there at times due to the discrepancies that goes around particularly in my store. In my location the management sets the blind eye for 'certain' associates that are great producers. Why? Because they are top producers. Are they better off going by the book, or setting the blind eye to the honest associates? SETTING THE BLIND EYE. I have learned to make my own money, maintain myself in the upper sales bracket within my store, and have learned to ignore these things that occur.
    As soon as I graduate I intend on acquiring another job. Fry's is not the best place to work at, but then again nobody forces someone to work where they are not happy. If it goes into details such as a thread I read earlier about clocking out, taking a forced 30 minute lunch etc. then those actions must be taken into consideration for possible lawsuit. Those are simply not right.
    I fully agree with the previous posts about having a lack of base pay should be limited to and only to sales directly. Not additional labor such as go-backs (which always take a while due to customers within the aisles stopping you, dragging you to another aisle for help), do schematics (takes time away, setting alarms, doing demonstration pieces, getting stopped while placing an item on demonstration by a customer), all of these at minimal take away at least 1-2 hours away from the sales floor. The only way this will get fixed is by people getting together and knocking some sense into the company via emails, contacting local news stations, contacting a lawyer, etc. I don't agree with what is being done, but I continue there because I have bills to pay just like all of you. I have reflected this back to my management, and I must do as I am told by my employer.

I wish everyone the best of luck with the motions they are trying to take to prevent this "free labor" issue going on.

Cordially,
    - Fry's Computer Sales Associate (female)
  5.  permalink
    For the people that think I am from home office and I am just an average sales person in A/V not gonna say which store or who I am for my own personal reasons. For some people that just Clerk'd customers before are deff struggling through this new setup and honestly you should probably step down to accessory sales persons to have a more steady paycheck and cut down on ur whining cause honestly it is annoying. Honestly alot more stuff is paying a higher commission so it really works out we all remember when a $50 accessory either paid $0 - $1 commission that had crazy profit for the company, if you ask me that pissed me off more than cutting hourly pay. I honestly make 200-300$ more every week off this new structure just by doing the same thing I did before except I am actually getting paid off that $50 accessory instead of getting nothing out of it, 80% of my sales i typically add on 20-50$ more commission than I used to. Yah some stuff pays less but most items are paying alot more commission, Hell i sold some Headphones the other day that were around $130 and got paid around $20 commission that used to pay like $2, (frostbyte) you are probably just one of those lazy associates that did not want to due work before they dropped the hourly rate and probably whined then to and relied on your hourly rate or your just a really bad salesperson, even the weakest sales people in my store still bring home atleast $1700 a month which will deff cover ur car note i can bet ur only bringing in 200-300$ a week right now and probably brought in about 100-200 before this changover. It sounds like you either need to quit or find a new sales strategy to make your paycheck better we have part timers in our dept that work weekday nights and saturdays only that work 20-30 hours a week that complain less than you and probably make 3x the money u do.

It is not frys fault that you are a horrible salesperson
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    once again guest.. this isnt about attackin ones sales skills. You seem like a good salesman but i doubt u take the time to care about whether your friend right next to you is doin as well as you. There are a lot of salesmen that were okay but now with the system some people are getting hurt bad. Now a lot of items are paying A lot more but frys knows the tendencies of customers. they have sales backed up for years so they know that if one item sells alot but they cant get agood amount of gp from it then lower it below the 20% rating so salesmen dont get paid even for that. What this means is every salesman has to push only the items that frys wants us to push.I do understand thats whats the meaning of being a salesman - upgrading.... but i also was taught that you dont have to push a sale and make them get higher gp items to make them happy. You dont have to read the next 5 customers coming in and picking the idiot out to maximize your sale. I know i have the ability to do that but i like making sure the customers happy and getting a good price and the stuff they need.... not what frys thinks they need.:face-monkey:  
    but cheers  
    thanks for your opinions.
  6.  permalink
    USERDOS,

Actually alot of the items that do sell alot are getting higher gp's specially in the A/V Dept. Monster for example it used to pay 5% commission before the change over, after the change over it got increased to 8%(ok thats not much) and then a month later we heard that they were trying to get a better cost with monster and then were able to get the commission boosted up even more to 11% so you got a 6% commission increase on that item, Another example Siig Cables all used to pay $2 at most now you get atleast $2.50 off the cheap 19.99 cable and so on with furniture and what not anyone in the A/V dept can contest that furniture used to pay $10 max and it used to be a nightmare and very annoying to sell a tv stand now they pay 15-50$ commission which you got salespeople hustling to sell furniture and are actually willing to wait on the customer to pick out a stand. This new system if you ask me is better for the customer and the associates cause now the associates are helping all customers instead of acting like oh shit they want a tv stand or omg this sucks they need help in wall mounts or headphones i used to be the same way now I am like oh someone needs help in headphones I am pusshing the other associate next to me outta the way to get there first lol.

and as far as me not helping out my fellow sales associate I do all the time if they need a TV down i do not bitch or moan when they ask i help them out cause all it does is make for a better relationship with them cause they know I will take care of them when needed and they will be less likely to take my customer when they come in and ask for me. I help them close sales and vice versa teamwork does help and no split involved I will have them help the customer grab all the accessories while i write up the quote and getting everything taken care of or ask them to keep talking to them while i gather everything up and keep them busy.
  7.  permalink
    Lol this forum is so so weak there r much better things y'all could be doing all y'all need to get lives homies
    •  
    deleted
  8.  permalink
    I admire you for trying to keep up with work and school. And added stress of trying to pay off a car. Keep it up and try to stay positive.
  9.  permalink
    AWWWW!!!!! POOR LIL FROSTY THE SNOW MAN ARE I MEAN SNOWWHITE WHAT EVER. YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR MED'S YOU ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE ON THIS FORUM MAN. HOW BOUT YOU JUST FOCUS ON YOUR SCHOOLING LIL SNOW WHITE CUZ YOU DONT NEED TO BE WORKING.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    haha i love this forum.. the guests are funny:face-monkey:
  10.  permalink
    IT IS OFFICIAL WE ALL NEED TO CHIP IN AN HELP LIL FROSTYBYTE'S IT PAY OF HIS CAR NOTE SO HE CAN MOVE ON WITH HIS LIFE LET ALL CREATE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND MAKE HIS LIFE MUCH EASIER.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    frostbytes89: Its a 419 dollar car payment and a 240 dollar insurance payment because I'm under 25 even with a clean driving record.

Then you do not have a $600 car payment... it's only $419 which is actually more reasonable... you just need to pay $240 for car insurance, which can be lowered... either eventually or if you shop around... When I hear $600 car payment... that is just the car payment by itself and not what it takes to insure it... but in that case I only have a $80 car payment.. because I only pay $80.. but then again it's an older car... but I dont need to worry about a monthly payment for a car..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  11.  permalink
    LOL so it is pity night in the forum. Well I am glad yall welcome GUEST in here cuz I have a whole lot to say. I work at store 29 and I am a top sales associate and i cant agree with all the things the frost guy is sayin cuz i am able to take care of me and my family with the money i make i am a single parent with 3 kids no college education i was not fortunate enough to have mom and dad to pay for college. But if it was not for this comission thing i would be alot worst off. so less be thankful for what we have cuz it can all be gone tomorrow thank GOD for each day we have and be prud of the work we do big bucks are small bucks it all is thanks to the man upstairs yall. keep slangin yall for who ever yall wanna work for. just dont ruin it for everyone else haters
  12.  permalink
    AND WELCOME TO AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE HOME OF THE GREEDY.
    •  
    deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    @frostbyte, you only gonna ruin your credibility if they fire you. Think before you do something amazing.
    •  
    deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    BS = Buy Shoes?!
    •  
    deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    I heard frys is planning to sell shoes now... they wanna compete with walmart
  13.  permalink
    I can see frosty in his interview at his new job...... Why were you fired from Fry's..... Well I was fired for poor sales performance and my attitude was very poor they said which it was all fry's fault not mine the managers were horrible and the company is corrupt!.....and the final answer after that is!.... We will get back to you and let we know what we decide and BAM your application magically goes into NOT HIRING BOX
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010 edited
    deleted.
  14.  permalink
    frost bytes fo real you need to give it up bro man up and just shut it up
  15.  permalink
    Frostbyte gonna be funny when un employment runs out and you start at Taco Bell and loose your Beammer and then your girl. lol
  16.  permalink
    3 years at other retailers... that means you were unhappy at those places aslo which is why you left them or you were let go either or you sound like a whiney lil kid to me it seems to me that you will be unhappy wherever you work at and will complain on another website like tacobellsucks.com or mcdonaldssucks.com cause that will probably be the only job you will suceed at
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    jenseri: I heard frys is planning to sell shoes now... they wanna compete with walmart

You can't go wrong selling general merchandise. Remember when frys was a supermarket and sold computer chips? Well they believe the future of the company is shoes a very profitable enterprise.
    •  
    deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkarlmarxx
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    Guest: AND WELCOME TO AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE HOME OF THE GREEDY.

Hey frostbytes I do agree with you what you day about this company and i hate this company with a passion as you can tell from my previous posts, however i am sorry to say this but you are a perfect example of a sterotypical greedy young american. I do admit that i myself am in this catagory....i came close to buying a 2003 300ci ZHP two years ago, but now i am soo glad that i did'nt. If you are a college student, and you dont have wealthy parents that will pay for your car than i belive that you made a big mistake. Buying a pre-owned BMW and having such a high car payment/insurance is a big financial mistake, when you are a full time student. How are you going to afford the expensive maintainence/repairs? More DEBT!!!! I hope you have parents/relatives who would help you out just incase of a financial emergancy. From reading your posts you sound like a very smart person. Remember what happend to those greedy people who had low-paying jobs and were buying 3500+ sf homes and than had to go on a forclosure because they realized that after their total bills it was beyond thier range. This whole "keeping up the the jonesses" is and has been fucking up with some people in the head. Stay within your own budget, and Fuck borrowing from the banks....they will eat you up with intererest rates, and "OTHER" financial charges. Reganomics has proved to fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010 edited
    deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpcghostII
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    Wow so let me get this straight to the guest who posted that he is making more then he was with hourly. Well they way I have seen it no one is making more then when they were making hourly. you take a base pay of $300 a week and then ad your commission to it. IE the week during x-mas I made a $1300 week in commission. so ad that to my $300 that is a $1600 dollar check before taxes 401 k etc etc. Now the week when they wen to the new structure I was in the top 3 I made $1400 for the week, pretty good. then again it means I made less then the week before. I sold the same way by adding psc, cables, mounts, stands, installs all the same stuff I always try to ad on and more. So now if I take what would have been my hourly $300 subtract from the $1400 then I only made 1100 hundred for the week, take out the 401k the medical, the taxes I actually took home less now since i know longer have the hourly to cover most of that. So what is happening is fry's now gets to keep $300 per person for full time employees in there pocket and we get less.  

When they talked about this new structure I was happy about it since I figured the low end of gp on a t.v. would be around 1% and the high end maybe 5% so if I sold a LG at $899 I should get around $9.00 bucks, nope they pay nothing. then I sell a Samsung LED originally payed $57 bucks, they are making over $250in profit for the t.v. with a 10% margin. the t.v. is listed at $2500 in the system, so doing the math it pays .0022% WHAT .0022%? what the hell, not 1 or more. Then home office figures they screwed up and was only supposed to pay .0007 so only $18.00 "oh we so sorry we screwed up at home office. Blah blah blah". However they don't bother to send us out what the percentage is so we know what pays us the best. No they tell us well X amount is green, Y amount is yellow, etc etc. Now here is the kicker there percentage is different for each area of video, T.V. pays less in percentage then Video components. Why, if the the GP is the same why pay us more on a DVD then on the t.v. Example the 400 disc blu ray Sony pays .022% at 10 percent profit so what that means is a $799.00 unit pays 17 bucks and a t.v. that has 10 percent pays us .007% THen when it comes to cables they pay us over a 1% to 11% structure.  

I know fry's how about making us all happy by paying 1-11% on everything with some sort of G.P.
  17.  permalink
    REPLY TO HOME OFFICE GUY GETS COMMISSION IN EACH POSTS HE DOES,
    FUCKING YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT CONDITION A SALEPERSON IS IN NOW, HOURLY IS NOT THE ISSUE, BUT SOMETIMES WALKING FOR FREE AT FRYS IS KILLING US, I HEARD SOME STORES IF SALES PEOPLE ATTEND THE V-CON FRYS GIVE 8 DOLLARS LOLZZZ, AND ON V-CON THEY SAY GO TO GREEN NO RED SIGNS, SELL THE RECOMMENDED NOT THE AD, THAT FUCKING FRYS AGENT SAYS AD ITEMS PAY YOU, PAYS SHIT, CHEAP COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE,
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010
    So do the signage have any indication of the profit in certain items?  

Red signs use to be only for discontinued items which ended in .90 cents.  

So what is the deal now with the sign colors?
  18.  permalink
    I use to believe that straight commission was a terrible idea until I actually moved to the sales floor myself.

Prior to my experience on the sales floor, I knew that a lot of Computer associates would focus on high paying computers, and sell the product to unqualified customers. The result for selling to unqualified customers would be RETURNS:
    • Upset customers
    • Returned computer = Reduced price & loss
    Though the associate would take a hit on the commission, he or she would still be paid the $8.00 an hr for not doing a good job selling- honestly a complete waste of time.

The sad thing about this change is that a lot of the sales associates still have not realized the correct way of selling: qualify the customer! By qualifying the customer, I would like to note that the customers should be accessorized as well.
    • Less likely for returns on qualified customers
    • Accessories that benefit the customer = less likely returned
    • Excellent customer service = Happy Customer, they don't have to drive to yell at the Manager in Charge
    • Associate gets paid for job well done
    I now see a few of the sales associate taking customers to other departments such as Software and assisting them with antivirus protection, Win 7 Anytime Upgrades, and Office Suites (Applications.) Even though the sales associate doesn't get paid for all of that, he or she can go home confident that the customer will not return the product.

I hope that this new system can be viewed as an opportunity to change so that associates can make it happen, or sadly they will have to be let go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworkerbee
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010
    Guest:  
    I now see a few of the sales associate taking customers to other departments such as Software and assisting them with antivirus protection, Win 7 Anytime Upgrades, and Office Suites (Applications.) Even though the sales associate doesn't get paid for all of that, he or she can go home confident that the customer will not return the product.

I totally agree and try to tie up all loose ends, explain things thoroughly, and demonstrate that open box items work properly. It takes longer to complete a sale, but I want sales that are not returned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    asdf:
    jenseri: I heard frys is planning to sell shoes now... they wanna compete with walmart

You can't go wrong selling general merchandise. Remember when frys was a supermarket and sold computer chips? Well they believe the future of the company is shoes a very profitable enterprise.

I would really like that to happen so that I can use ap with my sister-in-law...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    what the hell happen? looks like the original author deleted all his comments from this thread.  

Did someone figure him out?
  19.  permalink
    I was talking with a friend today from AV, he says that he's make $700 a week no problem now; being payed more than before. Him qualifying customers and accessorizing use to not make as much with lousy $400-500 paychecks... his selling strategies work better with this pay structure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpcghostII
    Guest: I was talking with a friend today from AV, he says that he's make $700 a week no problem now; being payed more than before. Him qualifying customers and accessorizing use to not make as much with lousy $400-500 paychecks... his selling strategies work better with this pay structure.

That's not really that great since a good Video salesmen would normally make that or higher before this commission structure. so if you made $700 a week and got payed $300 in hourly then you would have the hourly to take care of your taxes and other deductions. now instead you are loosing that $300 a week do to draw so in reality he would have made only $400 for the week. Now I know most of our best salesman in both 15 and 25 used to make around $900 to $1200 a week plus there hourly, now they are making less then before, so how is this benefiting the salesman. I can understand the ones who used to not do anything but clerk but for us who are used to actually selling to make money this is a total crock for us. What I am hoping for that when the new products come out to replace the 09 products they will have better GP on them and we can start making the money they promised we would be making.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    SpcghostII:
    Guest: I was talking with a friend today from AV, he says that he's make $700 a week no problem now; being payed more than before. Him qualifying customers and accessorizing use to not make as much with lousy $400-500 paychecks... his selling strategies work better with this pay structure.

That's not really that great since a good Video salesmen would normally make that or higher before this commission structure. so if you made $700 a week and got payed $300 in hourly then you would have the hourly to take care of your taxes and other deductions. now instead you are loosing that $300 a week do to draw so in reality he would have made only $400 for the week. Now I know most of our best salesman in both 15 and 25 used to make around $900 to $1200 a week plus there hourly, now they are making less then before, so how is this benefiting the salesman. I can understand the ones who used to not do anything but clerk but for us who are used to actually selling to make money this is a total crock for us. What I am hoping for that when the new products come out to replace the 09 products they will have better GP on them and we can start making the money they promised we would be making.

I would make a guess that these guests are the same people who sold you guys on this commission only business in the first place... meaning they come from San Jose.. ;)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworkerbee
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    I guess you can make the same if you work the system the right way.  

On another down note, the full time returns employees have all been switched to half-time, or moved to Accessory sales, 9 bucks an hour(?), full time or Commission only sales, $0.00 hour, full time. I think Returns was the only job that paid 12 bucks an hour. Fry's no longer wants to pay them full time benefits, so they have been cut to half time or moved. I don't think anyone is happy about it. Way to support your employees. :face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 838
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    That's what the economy needs, more people working from full-time to part-time, or making less money than they were making before. Thanks Fry's! I hope that things will get better by 2012 or we are doomed. I feel bad for those of you who are still working at Fry's. If the economy was better, I would say try to find a second job, but that's not even an option at this point. My prayers goes out to all the people in the world and hope things will eventually get better.
  20.  permalink
    I heard a rumour that they were planning to -cut- the MT position in the software department. I am not sure if it's just talk right now or it has been approved or not; I heard this from the Software-DM & Software Sup-1 so it's not like this just came from a few employees sitting in the break room. Can anybody confirm?

Anyhow, sounds pretty ridiculous to me... That'll make scheduling extremely more difficult and Software associates will never be prepared to be supervisors; other MTs and operational supervisors are never prepared for promotion in unique department such as Software. Software *sounds* easy but then you have to deal with all the rebates, unique merchandising (especially since productivity has NO schematic), and hardcore qualifying customers with products since software has specific needs to work on a computer... It's not like customers can return products if they are opened... so the associate really should know what they are talking about.
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010 edited
    del
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    :face-monkey: if this is true then im on board too....:face-monkey: