Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrostbytes89
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010 edited
    deleted.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    AMA Former Computer Department Supervisor
    computers department
    Moral is still down in the computer department
    Store 22 Computer Department
    Average hours worked by Department Managers
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010 edited
    I believe suzukiman an ex-employee is working with or knows someone starting a union.  

Management has always been lying about numbers to have people work harder.  

It is illegal to cut your pay as well you can file for unemployment for being under employed. Also file a report to NLRB (national labor relations board) http://www.nlrb.gov they can start an investigation and you can have them interview all your sales friends to build a case against frys on your behalf.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    close but rather I was goiing to start a union I am good at leading hence the reason I just had a first board meeting.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I dont have time to fiddle with a fried union any more however. You may have noticed I dont post 8 times any more in one visitLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    You may be witnessing the beginning of the end of Fry's.  

Someone with some cajones needs to contact the appropriate government departments - EEOC, Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board, and the appropriate state level agencies. Additionally, contacting the local news could also have a positive effect. It's going to take multiple employees doing this to really get some action. Chances are, Fry's management is assuming that employees won't do this. If they don't like it, they'll leave. There's always another sucker out there that will want to work for Fry's.  

I've said it before. I worked for the risk management/insurance broker that handled Fry's insurance, including their workers' compensation. We fired them as a client because of their view towards employees. i.e. they're expendable, they're a dime a dozen. They could care less about their employees, or the customer. Their only goal is to make money. That's it. There's nothing wrong with making a profit, but when you do it at the expense of employees, and customers, it's wrong. That's why we fired them, and that's why I don't do business with Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    I wish this would work, I really do. As of now most of us just are giving up and not working. Id say 50% of the salesmen dont do shit more now then what they use to. Some of the more legal savy salesmen are keeping track of everything they are told to do.If boss A tells me to put that go back cart up or do schematics, worker A makes his list and hides it for his lawyer. As far as my own research they made a point that even stores like Macy's that have commission sales still do go backs, still do schematics and will still clean up thier areas.  
    I know it sucks specially for smaller stores with lots of pallets, but do like most of us are doing. just bide your time till we find a solution or try to get fired so you can get unemployment for a few months and find a new job:face-sad:
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    yes, just keep selling though, or every time they ask you to do something just say im with a customer. If your always with a customer or find one, then they cant really get mad at you for not doing what they said. The number one thing we as sales men need to do is sell, so just keep selling. Thats what ive been doing and im making close to 1k in commission sales. Though im tired as hell and work 2 times harder to make that:face-monkey:
    •  
    deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3567
    I am in shock that you think that no accessories pay any commission, do u sell everything on ad? or do u actually try and sell people stuff of course the $5 keyboard in the ad isnt going to pay any commission so stop selling it. The only people that have trouble in this new structure are the lazy people and and horrible salespeople that can only sell whats in the ad. I bet before this new structure you were lucky to make more than $250 a week in commission you relied on your hourly pay to make up the difference. There are accessories that retail for $19.99 that pay around $2.00 which is $2.00 more than they used to pay so quit being lazy and quote every sale or become a salesperson and actually explain the difference between the ad items and the items that pay you commission. The top guys in my store still put out carts and TSR a section before they leave and they still make $700 a week avg sometimes more. Just cause its not working out for you that doesnt mean it isnt working for others..
    •  
    deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Guest: I am in shock that you think that no accessories pay any commission, do u sell everything on ad? or do u actually try and sell people stuff of course the $5 keyboard in the ad isnt going to pay any commission so stop selling it. The only people that have trouble in this new structure are the lazy people and and horrible salespeople that can only sell whats in the ad. I bet before this new structure you were lucky to make more than $250 a week in commission you relied on your hourly pay to make up the difference. There are accessories that retail for $19.99 that pay around $2.00 which is $2.00 more than they used to pay so quit being lazy and quote every sale or become a salesperson and actually explain the difference between the ad items and the items that pay you commission. The top guys in my store still put out carts and TSR a section before they leave and they still make $700 a week avg sometimes more. Just cause its not working out for you that doesnt mean it isnt working for others..

Honestly, $700 a week without hourly is crap, especially for computers. The simple fact is the majority of people in both AV and Computers are making less on average now than before the pay structure changed. I don't care how many times I hear the corporate rhetoric, this new system is only beneficial to Fry's. That's why they changed it! Only some of the top salesmen are making around what they made before the transition.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    There are a million and one ways Fry's can and should cut costs, but they choose to lower pay.
  2.  permalink
    The only reason people are staying and dealing with all of the bullshit, is because they have nowhere to go. Plus Fry's is one of the easiest job in the world but, you have Supervisors bitching every day. Talking about Salesman behind their back and act all nice when they see them in person. Plus they make you do Schematics or TSR or some other bullshit because they see you standing note (There are no customers on the sales floor)...Fucken D.M..don't care...all they do is just stand in the podium and send all the info to Home Office...an Ape can do a better job. If you want to grow bald...I would Recommend working for the worst job in the world...Fry's Electronics.
  3.  permalink
    FRYS IS SUCH AN EASY PLACE TO WORK AT NIGGAS
    •  
      CommentAuthorworkerbee
    America, you can vote with your feet and vote with your pocketbook. I'll go back to selling something more profitable for commission only. I'm happy to see that Conan Obrien is not gonna bend over for NBC after they tried to skrew him. Yes, the top 5 in sales should stay and everyone else should quit if you can find a better job that pays the same or more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworkerbee
    On second thought, waiting to get fired seems better, so we can collect unemployment, especially if your last job made you more money, the unemployment will be based on your highest quarter from last year. I actually enjoy the work, but I need to be compensated, and from what I see everyone is making the exact same amount of commissions (-hourly).
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    to the asshat guest. what you dont understand is there are a lot of products that dont even pay now, that use to pay a lot. Look at clearance items. they use to pay near 5% to all items now your lucky to get that. Look at keyboards, every keyboard is an accessory so it should hence pay money! The old system had logitech highend bluetooth paying salesmen 2 to 4 dollas now they pay nothing. Look at cyberpower batterybackups.  
    Home office made it a big point to make sure all salemen attached these to every computer. They had countless fuckin vcons telling us why we needed to ad those. Everyone of the battery backups should pay, not just fucking expensive APC. had two cyberpowers ranging in 17% gp for the company at 179 to 279 not pay an associate.  
    This system is crap. It was supposed to be tested and working in favor of everyone but its only one sided. Frys wins we lose. What really pisses me off is how are supposed to know what pays us if they wont even give us a contract stating how they are paying us. They wont even give us any paperwork showing how we are supposed to be dealing with this new pay structure for vacations for holidays. If we dont make hourly anymore and get paid commission why do we still get holidays and personal days as a hourly basis... fuck that we should be getting our avg commission.  
    man FUCK FRYS..  
    im still working my ass off cause i need a job and i need money but once im done with school fuck frys. ill shop online or goto bestbuys to get price matching...  
    :face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sell lots of products that pay $1 and do it over and over. It the key to success at frys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    send me an emailLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    thats what ive been doing. I camp the cable and cd dvd aisles.. and occassionally unload a shit storm on a customer buying a ipod. " oh you need a cover for that, it will scratch if you dont, oh and try this with it just incase if your drop it, but if you do drop it heres the warranty 2 year from apple. did you know with this warranty you can call them anytime with any problem, but lets not forget to get a fm tuner with that cause your car aint fly till you can play your ipod in it. ..... oh almost for got, that cable it comes with... its shitty for recharging ya ipod, lets get you one for your car and your house .. wallllaaa your all set... " god fuck frys........................:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    UserDOS:What really pisses me off is how are supposed to know what pays us if they wont even give us a contract stating how they are paying us. They wont even give us any paperwork showing how we are supposed to be dealing with this new pay structure for vacations for holidays. If we dont make hourly anymore and get paid commission why do we still get holidays and personal days as a hourly basis... fuck that we should be getting our avg commission.

It is BS that we get minimum wage for holiday days off. Average commission is appropriate, just like our vacation days. We should be paid for unused holiday and vacation days too. Ethics, Fry's, ethics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnon21871
    (Ignore this. I moved this to it's own topic)
  4.  permalink
    maybe its your schedule. i work parttime only friday-sunday and make $500+. i go to school during the week as well. maybe its your store DOS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    Guest: maybe its your schedule. i work parttime only friday-sunday and make $500+. i go to school during the week as well. maybe its your store DOS.

Yeah Friday-Sunday... on the better days of the week... that's 2 less days of getting stressed out at Fry's from the idiotic management.. You get a whole 4 days to come back refreshed... anyone will do great if given 4 day breaks each week.. and on top of that it's the weekend..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I wish they would let us work four, ten hour shifts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Sasquatch: I wish they would let us work four, ten hour shifts.

friday, saturday, sunday and monday, right?  

those would be the only 4 days worth working a 10 hour shift...Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010 edited
    So I guess the days of sending salespeople to Returns for "Backup" are gone. I heard that they would tell the salesperson to go to Returns for an hour minimum, and even pulled salespeople away in the middle of their sale, and told to "TK" it with a part-timer. When quesitoned as to why the hell are you doing this, send the part-timer, their excuse was that they don't know how to handle a return since they were never taught.  

I even heard of the pissed off salesperson being sent to Returns, wouldn't care if they made any mistakes in the return process as to give a "Catch" to the LP person who would in return get paid a commission for catching any mistakes made. This would go against the Dept. Manager's numbers, and that would be the salesman way of getting back for being sent to do Returns and losing commission.  

Part timers were with no schematics, and were the best at stacking the floor and stealing sales.
  5.  permalink
    hey i dont steal sales. i just think userdos should try changing his/her schedule
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010
    i work full time and goto school full time. the last two weeks i was top salesmen for my department.. I dont live at home and havent since i was 18 and im paying off UC college loans car loans and bills.. I would love to work 4 times a week 10 hrs each so I can continue to get benefits(which aint much damn frys). My DM was cool enough to get me mainly mid shifts and a few opening shifts so i have a good schedule but its still not easy.:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010
    UserDOS: i work full time and goto school full time. the last two weeks i was top salesmen for my department.. I dont live at home and havent since i was 18 and im paying off UC college loans car loans and bills.. I would love to work 4 times a week 10 hrs each so I can continue to get benefits(which aint much damn frys). My DM was cool enough to get me mainly mid shifts and a few opening shifts so i have a good schedule but its still not easy.:face-monkey:

actually their health benefits were pretty decent.. until you add a wife and/or your children onto which then it sucks royally... I was paying $17 a week for the high ppo plan... added my wife and it jumped to $85 a week.. if i were to add any children on top of that it would have been $120 a week.. not a month.. a week... My current job i only pay about $12 a week for the same benefits and to add a family onto it will only be $5 a week more.. but for a single person it was decent... if you needed health coverage like i did..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  6.  permalink
    I hear ya UserDos. Working full-time and going to school full-time was such a pain for me. When you are not working or attending classes, you are trying to study with the little time you have while fighting off being burnt out. It didn't help that you have to stand up during the whole shift. Keep up the good work bro! I remember how lucky I was at Fry's that I wasn't married and didn't have kids because paying for the benefits weekly would have drove me insane.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    Sorry, for You, Part-timers.  

You, not personnaly pissed off a lot of EXPERIENCED full time salemen, and women. YOu took away our "CORE" hours of selling. You did not have any schematic that I know of in Southern Ca., but you claimed your territory to sell. Many peoples that were Full-Time, with schematics, and obligations to the company, form "What I heard" you truely ****ed over" the people who even trained you *ss.  

So vented, I am now at peace, knowing that millions of people can see how the Full time people in Ca. are losing their jobs, by practices of a company, As Sucessful as Fry's, allows this to happen.  

Good luck to the stores in CA.  

You might even be in management, but you knew my frustration, Years Ago.  

Frency Fry
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4882
    What are you talking about? Here in store 11, EVERY part timer has schematic to do. Hell, some part timers had themselves half an aisle of accessories to do. Perhaps if was just YOUR store that was doing this.

By the way, Fry's management actually had the balls to FORCE a few sales associates to returns for over an hour during the first day of COMMISSION ONLY structure! Can you believe that? They forced employees to work for free!

With this new structure, salesmen are paying less time with having proper customer service. For example, if someone starts asking you for help for a webcam, any smart salesperson will do anything to get himself out of that situation asap (what ever it takes). So, Fry's notorious customer service will go to another low level.

Many of the salesmen here are not taking this BS anymore.

Schematics? Hah, they wish!

Wireless installations? Too much work for $10 dollars
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010 edited
    deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    Okay check this out... One word... SCHOOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    to guest near the end.. hahahahah message me.. i know you... hahahaha hows tony treating yall?:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    dude.. jenseri... not everyone that goes to school gets work they like or want... somepeople still have to work crap jobs.. .. and to frostbyte cheers dawg, DONT SIGN ANY PAPER THEY GIVE YOU. If they fire you dont:face-monkey: sign any of it.. make a copy and walk away..
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    frostbytes89:for example, my car that is over heating in teh parking lot.

You might want to get that checked out.. or stop leaving your car running while you work..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworkerbee
    Frosty. Do not quit. Come back to work in 3 days with a smile on your face. They want you to quit. Do not quit no matter how uncomfortable they make you feel. Also, start writing down everything that was said, and is said to you while at work by anyone of authority. Documenting behavior will add credence to any future action or complaint you may make to a government agency (Labor Board, BBB, Attorney General) or to your lawyer, or unemployment dept. Rock ON!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2010
    Unfortunately,  

Frosty, may up up like a snowman.  

With 2 eyes left out of coal.  

Fry's will take him out, and the person doing it form Home Office, will probably be a new hire.  

Sad , they continue the journey of a Family Business, that is so, so successful. Yet they continue to maintain the insanity they place on Their employees. To allow them to gamble away millions, yet loan them. And Play Favorites. (Computers)  

Fry's family should ackowledge they may have left a few employees behind, who Today, take their time to comment.  

I don't believe their is jealousy, from ALL the Many Who may have felt they got screwed over.  

I just believe that most of them who are gone, have not too many good things to say left of Fry's.  

But I you have to give them this....  

They are always hiring, and I bet within a Year, the lawsuits will far outway the cost of doing business.  

(Sold) to the highest bidder. And thanks John...
  7.  permalink
    Frys is fucking lier, 15% restocking fee for return items, and commission back from the salesman, you got the fucking hit salesman, you look at your commission you got the hit, you helped the customer you upgraded with accessories, and then returned, only the serivces department takes the advantage, again you start selling those returned items, I was told to accessorize, I made same day more money than anybody else in dep, I said go man you found the way now how to make money, next day I got the most hit than anybody else, fucked up,I will fuck any sups or manager to ask me do go backs or schematics, we are not get paid for anything else, we pay for frys now, FRYS FUCKING STOP PUTTING ALL THOSE ADS AND SEND HUNDREDS OF CUSTOMERS TO BUY THE ZERO COMMISSION ITEMS, I don't help any customer who ask me for the ad items, or I will say no more in stock, it's not paying me why should I waste my time, before hourly I was selling the ad items and helping I was saying ok frys pays at least , lets help its customers, now I help my own customers not frys customers, it's not only me , everybody in dep does, NO MORE CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD BE EXPECTED FROM SALES PEOPLE,
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010 edited
    @UserDOS. The reason why you go to school because you want to finish the course you like and to have a better life. People are complaining about how shitty frys is. I used to work at frys and I HATE IT SO MUCH... Thats why I am currently at school.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    good shit jenseri..... haha yeah the job sux but it pays pretty well, i make more money then quite a few of my friends that have graduated.... but money isnt everything:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010 edited
    UserDOS: good shit jenseri..... haha yeah the job sux but it pays pretty well, i make more money then quite a few of my friends that have graduated.... but money isnt everything:face-monkey:

True that, money isn't everything... the thing is whatever happens to you, you know what job to apply for... not just like applying for whatever job that you can grasp, no sense of direction... Even though you didn't like the course you had finished, you will eventually like it, it really depends on the people around you that matters the most... Frys is great, but the owners are not...
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010 edited
    deleted
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010 edited
    deleted
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    You do realize that in order to continue to collect unemployment, you'll need to be looking for a job elsewhere, and provide the EEOC with documentation. Unemployment isn't the "free ride" you think it is.
  8.  permalink
    You are still employeed by Fry's Electronics so you are still required to do work, it would be different if you were a contracted employee then you could deny to do any labor. You act like its so difficult to do 30 minutes worth of work a Schematic takes what 1 hr 2 at most? and its not like u cannot help customers while doing the schematic it takes what 15 minutes to put back a buggy of returns or product? so 1 Schematic a weeks since there is typically only 3-4 new ones assigned a week any others are just making sure they are still correct which takes about 10 minutes to complete. so lets say you do one schematic and 5 carts a week that is about 3 hours of manual labor a week maybe a little more if your slower or get assigned some crazy schematic then maybe a little longer. and at the same time you still can help customers hell if I was doing a headphone schematic you could probably make $50+ doing the schematic due to the high margin on them.

and for the Idiot that says he is gonna refuse to sell anything in the ad, you are just plain stupid and don't understand the concept of a ad item like that.... Most ad items now pay commission if it doesnt it should be your #1 goal to attach anything possible to that sale or step them up to something that does pay you commission, or just get them in and out in 5 minutes its what i do. You need to learn how to read people if they come in for that tv, you have to slow them down a little bit cause they are a little excited due to some crazy pricing frys did on it to get them in there like the 60" Plasma they just did for 1099 even though it did pay like 75$ commission i think due to it being clearance, slow down the sale and talk to them cuase i gurantee that 75% of them come back to get a cable or something that they needed and were not offered cause a salesperson thought that they were cheap and didnt want to waste there time on a 0$ commission item. For example the 42" LG lcd that was on sale for $500 last week paid like $3 commission a salesperson turned that into a $175 commission sale by just talking to them and getting them into a 4yr psc, surround sound, install, cables, pretty much the works all just by slowing down the sale and talking to them now of course they always dont work out like that but most associates were able to make that $3 sale into atleast 15-20$ in about 10-15 minutes

So just quit being lazy and actually be a salesperson and going in there with a negative attitude everyday is just going to make it worse and you will keep making less money every day customers can see that you are unhappy and pissed off and they will most likely go somewhere else, so you are really only hurting yourself cause you will just end up quitting or getting fired due to sales performance(which i think will not get you unemployement)

and yes I am to lazy to create an account
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    not to lazy to come in here and say all that though right?