Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnon21871
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    I just want to say first of all that I am not mad at my co-workers, nor am I mad at the SM or ASM for trying to pressure us to sell this service. The people who I am mad at are the big-wigs in Corporate who are making things hard on all of us. They're the ones to blame for this shit. Anyways.. here I go.  

The issue I am running into with my store is that my Assistant Store Manager is pressuring everyone to sell Wireless Installs. Why? It makes his bonus grow. The problem I have with selling Wireless Installs is that unlike Performance Service Contracts... IT'S A FUCKING RIP OFF!  

You're basically charging a customer $99.99 and the cost of a NetGear router (60 - 100 bucks) for us to come out to their home and hook it up for them. The customers realize just how much of a rip-off this is by doing or realizing the following...  

* They can look at the box showing how easy it is to set up the NetGear RangeMax router in 3 easy to read steps (and yes it DOES set up the highest level of Encryption too)  
    * They realize that they have friends, family, someone they know that can either do it for cheaper or free.  

The customer gets a 60 dollar mail-in-rebate when you bundle a wireless installation with a NetGear RangeMax router, but most people hate Mail In rebates since they hardly get them; and in the end, you're still spending $99.99 + (Cost of Router) anyways. That's not a deal.  

Also the Wireless Install only pays me 10 bucks. Why in the fuck should I bust my ass trying to sell a hard to sell service for just 10 measly bucks, when I could better spend that time selling things that customers actually want THAT ACTUALLY PAY ME MORE MONEY?!  

I have actually encountered this as well where I sold a 2 desktops and a laptop with 3 year PSC's attached to all of them and a shitload of accessories. However my DM was still disappointed that I didn't attach a wireless installation, WHICH THEY DID NOT FUCKING WANT, NOR NEED IN THE FIRST PLACE! I can't blame my DM though. He was pressured from my ASM to sell Wireless Installs and the only way my ASM can make his bonus grow is by selling them. I suggest that the ASM's need to talk to corporate and tell them not to base their bonus on something that is a rip-off, cause we salesmen have better things to sell that can make us and the store more money.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    wireless install
    Fry's Wireless Installs: Rip Off & Overpriced
    Fry's Tv's Expensive/Fry's Services Plans Worthless/Employees not knowledgeable
    "Fake" wireless
    New Fry's Wireless Broadband.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    I think as I said elsewhere, there's no way I'd trust Fry's to do a wireless install. I'm not saying that they wouldn't put in place any sort of security, or leave a back-door, but....  

Yes...Fry's will try to rip off the customer whenever they can, just like they have with putting their salespeople on straight commission.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpcghostII
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    ObiWan: I think as I said elsewhere, there's no way I'd trust Fry's to do a wireless install. I'm not saying that they wouldn't put in place any sort of security, or leave a back-door, but....  

Yes...Fry's will try to rip off the customer whenever they can, just like they have with putting their salespeople on straight commission.

I wish I could disagree with you but when I was up in the San Diego store I set up a wireless install to be done and the person who's name I forget now was sent out to the customers house to do the set up, before she got there she called the customer and told them she had a bad vibe and she felt that there house was haunted and that she does exorcism on the side, well of coarse the customer is upset and told her no came back to the store and returned everything. So I myself do not have faith in who they send out to install, but who knows maybe Fry's can take the advantage and start there own Paranormal install team to get rid of ghosts. LOL:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    Who you gonna call...
  2.  permalink
    i know who that was... thats Katie..i was there when the cust. came back...yeah shez not all there..even if she wasn't crazy who you want her in your house...man talk about a beast....
    •  
      CommentAuthorworkerbee
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010 edited
    Ya I agree with the premise. The customer takes the router home and waits for an install in a day or maybe a week. In the meantime, they can try to set up the router themselves and then return the install service. They save money and the trouble of sending in the rebate. And if they can't set it up, then they can wait for their appointment.  
    My impression is that Belkin routers are very easy to setup compared to Linksys, not sure about any other brands.  
    So far 50% of my wireless sales are returned. If we don't sell enough they threaten us with counseling and cutting our hours, which I assume is their way to avoid firing us, so we can get unemployment.