Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorYngeinstn
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    Good News Guys for those of you who are on Commish only! Because you didn't sigh a Piece of paper agreeing to the new terms of you salary structure and they potential reduced your pay you WILL qualify for Unemployment and Fry's can try to refuse but will not succeed. Apparently you were hired on with the expectation of Hourly + commish and that changed without you agreeing to it. Makes your employment invalid and you will qualify. First person quit today and is filling out his Unemployment .. Almost 100% that he will get it.. Will keep you posted.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Hours cut? File an unemployment claim and Fry's will pay you to chill.
    My Fry's Electronics Inc Unemployment Claim was DENIED
    Collecting unemployment on Fry's dime
    Fry's doesn't like people collecting unemployment
    (yet another) Unemployment Denial - Gunna appeal, advice?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    That sounded great until you said they QUIT.  

In California anyways, you can apply for benefits if you continue working, but are making less money. But if you quit a position, that creates a whole new problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworkerbee
    I'm applying for unemployment right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    This is really good news. You quit and get guaranteed pay. what else can you expect? All you say is "I do not agree to the new terms of my employment and I quit. I will be filing for unemployement.".  

In California these wage changes are considered unemployment and you can file for being under employed and you will be compensated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    But the question comes up, are you still willing to work with YOUR PREVIOUS employer,should they allow you to. You just can't say Screw them. If you are offered employment, you have a job. Plain, and Simple.
  2.  permalink
    you cant quit and get unemployment dumb ass... dont keep us posted
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010
    You can if they changed the terms of your employment and you do not agree with them.