Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorvistaxp
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010
    So I was purchasing a camera and the sales person kept asking if I wanted to buy a warranty, I said nicely no thanks.  
    He than explains to me what the warranty covers.  
    No I'm good...  
    He tells me in a rude manner, WHY NOT? IT CHEAP AND YOU REALLY SHOULD GET IT.  
    At this point, I'm getting frustrated and feel like leaving the camera and buying somewhere else...  

To you guys that work their. Other than getting commission, why do you pressure guests to buy warranty's and accessories? Are you guys individually graded? Do your employer get pissed if your not selling warranties or what?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    How can I get a Fry's salesperson to do a pricematch for a store that is not on their list?
    someone explain John Gamet to me please
    Annoying Frys Service
    Former Fry’s Employee Explains Why Store’s Commission-Based Pay System Fails Consumers
    Please do not pleasure yourself at Fry's
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Heh heh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    vistaxp: So I was purchasing a camera and the sales person kept asking if I wanted to buy a warranty, I said nicely no thanks.  
    He than explains to me what the warranty covers.  
    No I'm good...  
    He tells me in a rude manner, WHY NOT? IT CHEAP AND YOU REALLY SHOULD GET IT.  
    At this point, I'm getting frustrated and feel like leaving the camera and buying somewhere else...  

To you guys that work their. Other than getting commission, why do you pressure guests to buy warranty's and accessories? Are you guys individually graded? Do your employer get pissed if your not selling warranties or what?

because you should really get it... it really helps with your there their and they're's :)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    cameras have lots of moving parts. you need the warranty!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgogetenkz
    You'll regret not getting warranty if your camera blows up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    I would definitely recommend NOT getting the Fry's warranty as it would be a waste of money. I wouldn't trust Fry's with my camera equipment (heck...I wouldn't even buy camera equipment from Fry's). I can't speak for Canon or Sony, but Nikon camera bodies come with a one year warranty, and their lenses have a five year warranty. Beyond that Nikon offers an extended warranty. You can also purchase a more reputable warranty from Mack (mackcam.com).
    •  
      CommentAuthorvistaxp
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010 edited
    I know warranty is a must have for cameras, especially for the lens error, but I've seen a lot of complaints regarding Fry's rebates and high restocking fee. I would rather get a warranty at Target. Just can't trust Fry's any more. :face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorvistaxp
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    asdf: cameras have lots of moving parts. you need the warranty!

Are you the same guy I talked to? Screw you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    If you're purchasing a DSLR or lens, don't...do NOT purchase it at Fry's. Get it at a real camera store or B&H.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    I heard of a Fry's employee who jumped on a well dressed customer, only to find out he was purchasing a 27" CRT Tv, with $0 commission.  

This employess would have to go to backstock, unwrap a pallet, and when questioning the customer asked "Do you have a shopping cart to place it in?" The customer responded he didn't believe it would fit in a cart and argued any further point of placing it in one.  

Therefore, the salesman (With $0 Commission) then was to search out a pallet jack to place it on. Frustrated, they figured they would at least get a Warranty Sale on the TV.  

After several attempts, the Customer blatantly said ("If you mention warranty one more time, I will not buy this TV from you!)  

Again so frustrated after 20 minutes of seeing other sales fly out the door, looked at the customer directly and while typing on the POS at $0 quote, said something to the effect. "Once more the Warranty would be a direct replacem......)  

Cut off in mid sentence, the customer said ("I will not purchase this TV here, from you!)  

The customer walked away, the salesman was relieved and Fry's was again successful at providing NO CUSTOMER Service, based on how they compensate Salespeople.
  2.  permalink
    It's what they are supposed to do. They need to make money. If you can't handle someone yapping in your ear than go to Best Buy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    SDCherryPicker: It's what they are supposed to do. They need to make money. If you can't handle someone yapping in your ear than go to Best Buy.

Great recommendation! I can get better service, the same quality (if not in better condition) product at Best Buy for the same or lower price than Fry's....and not feel like I've been groped or need to take a shower after leaving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjw
    Frys fixing a digital camera?  

LOL!! A Frys warranty is a TOTAL waste. They will not back you when you need help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Warranty claims are loses to the company just as health insurances deny claims. Claims are loses and frys is not in the position to lose money right. They will take your money though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJ A R E D
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010
    Why didn't u say this 2 the salesman ?  
    U scurd?
  3.  permalink
    vistaxp is such a bitch. what is the point of posting this when you should have told him to his face.
  4.  permalink
    friedsnake*frys psc sucks no one in the face of the earth should ever think of buying one . its trash its mediocre.most of the items might already have manufacturers warranty, but the customers is too stupid to know.
  5.  permalink
    So you said no to the PSC and then in another post you said "I know warranty is a must have for cameras, especially for the lens error, but I've seen a lot of complaints regarding Fry's rebates and high restocking fee. I would rather get a warranty at Target. Just can't trust Fry's any more." Sounds to me like you want a warranty or PSC but you didn't want to pay for it.