Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorvistaxp
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    What are the return policy regarding a network router? How many days do I have and what are the restocking fees if open?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's should have restocking fees on Laptops & Projectors!
    Fry's Return Policy/Restocking Fees
    Restocking fees?
    What is the Default Password for Fry's Routers
    WTH Overcharge on Recycle Fee for 32" TV
  2.  permalink
    You have 30 days and there are no restocking fees if you return it. Just have all the packaging/etc so it can be re-shrink wrapped and resold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrockiee80
    There should be no RE-stocking fee if its returned with in 30 days
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I wish there was a restocking fee on them. Lots of business types like myself love to rent them for free.
  3.  permalink
    I often say there should be restocking fees on routers. They are one of the most returned items in the store. It's because idiots don't know how to set them up. It's very simple but most people assume they are plug and play, not always the case. I sell routers all day long because they make me good money. Almost all of my returns are on routers, not because I don't qualify, just that customers will throw their hands up at the slightest bump in the install.  
    "I need a wireless router but I have NOO idea what I'm doing."  
    -I go into my wireless router spiel and of course push an install  
    "No, that's OK I'll do it myself."  
    I write a quote anyway of course but I know its going to be returned. I think restocking fees might promote wireless installs better, especially for compwnents. When a customer comes in looking for the cheapest POS on the shelf or the $20 Airlink router they saw in the ad, it's impossible to sell them an install for an additional $100.
  4.  permalink
    Tired of the Tie: I often say there should be restocking fees on routers. They are one of the most returned items in the store. It's because idiots don't know how to set them up. It's very simple but most people assume they are plug and play, not always the case. I sell routers all day long because they make me good money. Almost all of my returns are on routers, not because I don't qualify, just that customers will throw their hands up at the slightest bump in the install.  
    "I need a wireless router but I have NOO idea what I'm doing."  
    -I go into my wireless router spiel and of course push an install  
    "No, that's OK I'll do it myself."  
    I write a quote anyway of course but I know its going to be returned. I think restocking fees might promote wireless installs better, especially for compwnents. When a customer comes in looking for the cheapest POS on the shelf or the $20 Airlink router they saw in the ad, it's impossible to sell them an install for an additional $100.

Fry's hasn't sold Airlink in some time. While I quit Fry's a long time ago I bet routers are still a common return merely because people have high expectations on the quickness of set up. I doubt that even a 20% restocking fee would be a huge benefit in selling wireless installs considering that even on a $100 router, which is on the higher end of the price spectrum that would only be $20. While networking isn't easy, a lot of the router companies have really tried hard to make their documentation straight forward to minimize their returns so that retail buyers prefer their products.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    I agree, there should be a restocking fee, because people are ignorant, except on netgears which are POSs in the first place. But I guess if you are stupid enough to buy one, you deserve it.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Restocking fees on everything. But I got to say most routers are pretty shitty no matter what the manufacturer. I usually load my own firmware on them anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Belkin isnt THAT bad.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Belkin uses dd-wrt firmware which is pretty solid.