Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormikep
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2007
    Pros  
    Lots go new, used, cheap products  

Cons  
    No customer service, huge theft problem, no good management
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Who has moved on and ended up better after Frys?
    A special message for frysLies and Paul Macias
    How is working in City of Industry Frys and its current condition?
    Frys and an Obama Admin...gotta love it!!!
    Just got done dealing with a FRYS BRAND PC
    •  
      CommentAuthormikep
    thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Pros:  
    I always get searched like I am some criminal. At least the customer service is better than walmart where its like a ghost town when it comes to finding associates.  

Cons:  
    Lots of sales items are out of stock.i am a worm.
  2.  permalink
    Fry's is by far the worst employer I have ever had, which speaks volumes as to why the customer service is often so poor. They provide almost no training to their employees, the departments are set up in a purposely nebulous manner (with constant restocking and changing of item placement) so that the customers (and employees) are forced to roam through many different sections to try and find anything, they are unattentive to conditions under which the employees were hired, and if you are scheduled to work until closing then you are physically locked in the building until everyone is done finishing cleaning for the night (meaning that often times you will be scheduled to work until 9.30 but are forced to stay until 12-1). My first week there a mother was scheduled to work until 9.30 and was locked in, as per usual. When she told the manager that she had to get home to her kids, who were expecting her, not only did they not let her leave, but once she walked away he made fun of her with the other managers. You are also REQUIRED to get a certain amount of customer satisfaction letters each week, meaning that to secure your well being you must constantly berate every customer with a plea for one of these. Considering how long it takes for any customer to get out of that terrible place, it is a huge moral transgression to then bother them into staying even longer just to fill out a worthless card saying, "I had a great shopping experience because of your employee..."  

What's more, every tuesday each department is required to attend a "V-Cast" where there is a web cam conference between the departments at different stores around the country. Moderating this are higher up employees who do not have to deal with all the riduculous illegal practices that the lower level ones do, who crack jokes and attempt to boost morale - all of which reeks of insincerity and corporate cheerleading.  

I know, as a shopper, that its difficult to not get mad at the employees because no one seems to know anything, they are constantly pushing you to purchase or fill something out, and everything takes for EVER, but this is specifically engineered by the atrocious upper management. That is not to say that many of the employees aren't also utter idoits (which is true), but the idiocy spills from top down.  

Fry's is a terrible company.  

Pros:  
    schticky ancient cultures themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2007
    I wish all the stores looked like the san marcos store...clean and organized...and nice theme  

Cons: Bad Stock on items, dirty stores, bad customer service, many sales people don't speak good english,  

Pros: Good PricesFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2007
    most frys stores have sales associates that don't speak good english or barely.. i guess not understanding what your getting is a good thing?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    Ive never been to VCON, Whenever we have to go, Im always off or something. Ive always wanted to go.  

lol @ VCAST. Its fry's not Verizon Wireless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    vcon sounds like training to turn the employees into conartist... employees already lie.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    VCon is Fry's attempt to educate employees by providing information about new or upcoming products from sales reps from vendors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2007
    they should teach their employees ethics.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCSAhole
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    It would be hard to teach 18-20 year old associates work ethics.  
    I mean c'mon, these kids come to the store during their day-offs to hang out and what's funny is that the same asociates that does that complains about being there while on the clock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    They are geeks with no friends. They think the other csa people are lol.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2007
    Haha, yeah I see people come in on their days off all the time lol. I guess you get too attached to people there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2007
    flea:I wish all the stores looked like the san marcos store...clean and organized...and nice theme

Thank you sir.:face-smile:I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2007
    worm:vcon sounds like training to turn the employees into conartist... employees already lie.

Can you give us an example?
  3.  permalink
    Our fry's up in Portland (Wilsonville) has a very tiny PC selection now since 2013 and it's stuff that will only work on Windows XP not 7 or 8 without a major headache.

It's programs written for 32 bit that's never going to sell and it hasn't since around that time however for a long time they had people that knew about PC's enough to either fix them or give solutions.

I have a GateWay i5 processor Quad Core I bought in 2008 for only 350$ *back then computers were going down in price for mid range ones* and I had a memory leak in the summer of 2012 which we took to Fry's. Didn't know it was a memory leak until they looked at it and found it almost right away.

The hardest part was not on them but my BIOS setup being really funky due to it being a Gateway which went totally different and doesn't let you put in other OS's like Linux Mint as it's *locked* which was a thing Microsoft was doing at that time with Gateway and it came out in the news a bit later. The BIOS was really weird where compared to every other computer we bought a BIOS setup is usually very similar.

They only charged us like 20$ or something really low price to fix it as it was the BIOS that gave them grief not the actual computer and once they found out where to fix the leak they were onto it like tracking dogs.

After about 2014ish they replaced their PC workers and they are mostly those who only know how to navigate tablet/phones UI.
  4.  permalink
    Just upgrade!
Add your comments