Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrockiee80
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    After all the harassment from Sales person to buy warranty on their i bought a TV with a 2 year warranty. My TV screen went bad after couple of months and i called frys. Everytime i called them they would take my number and say that the Service department line is down and they will call me. A week went past and no response and i call back and i get the same response and this time i said i want to talk to some one else. Guess What the lady just hung up the phone. So i went to the store and got my service scheduled, the service personal turned up after couple of days back and he went back and no response again. I called him back and he said I had put in a order for a part and the manager declined it. Now, what the heck , i asked him what do i do, he said i dont know ask fry's and his job is just to investigate and report. I went back to frys and they have no clue.  

Beware guy!! its not just buying warranty!! its a crap deal  
    :face-crying:
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Frys's service department sales
    FRYS BURBANK,CA BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE/ASST./PIC MANAGERS
    Frys service department....
    Frys electronics service
    Annoying Fry's salesperson, please explain...
  2.  permalink
    Why even mess with Fry's? You have a 1 year Sony warranty...call Sony. Don't involve Fry's until the first year is up. Or am I missing something???
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Fry's is just another point of failure. and a very bad one at that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcura1
    I buy PSCs on everything I purchase there. I've never heard of anyone having a problem getting their product fixed or replaced other than service taking a god awful long time.
  3.  permalink
    ^^^^^ pretty much what he said. Fry's warranties aren't really scams. Just make sure the problem IS actually covered in the warranty (hint: do not go based on what the sales person says but what is actually covered in the fine print, you know, that document you signed...).
    Also make sure if it is some kind of service warranty and not a REPLACEMENT warranty that you get some kind of loaner that is clearly stated on the invoice because like the above poster said it takes a fucking god awful long time for anything to get fixed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjw
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    Guest is a bullshit Frys management rep. Frys is the king of SCAM!!!
  4.  permalink
    Think whatever you want if it makes you sleep better at night but I am just a regular old low level employee at a frys store. I am just telling it like it is. Just understand exactly what the warranty covers and if its a good deal for you when buy it. If you want your electronics equipment to be protected in the case of accidental damage if you jizz all over it or drop it, then buy it from Best Buy with the accidental damage warranty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    The warranty is the most profitable service Frys sells only because warranty claims have been reduced significantly.
  5.  permalink
    I'm a former Service Department employee and I can tell you that the PSC for Tv's not scams. However, they take the worlds longest crap to get anything done. Fry's corrupt...I mean corporate office actually is the one that contacts, approves, which servicer goes to your house, and then the servicer contacts them directly to get approval for any repair. The service deparment at each store doesn't get anything from Home office unless there is a PSC replacement or the customer starts yelling alot. Best guess is they put in a request for a part and it was denied you're probably going to get a replacment TV.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010
    asdf: The warranty is the most profitable service Frys sells only because warranty claims have been reduced significantly.

'course it's profitable. If you deny every claim by saying it was the customers fault and not covered under the POS....I mean PSC, you make money by not having to pay anything out.  

And you wonder why I won't even buy a pack of gum from Fry's.
  6.  permalink
    ObiWan its getting so tiresome listening to you wine all day about how much you hate Fry's We get it already, you don't like them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010
    It's "whine", not "wine".
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    want some cheese with that whine :face-devil-grin:Las Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
  7.  permalink
    Whine or wine, your a broken record.