Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    The audit manager and receiving manager at my store got fired for living together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010
    Do you see a possible conflict of interest there? That is, is the audit manager in charge of keeping track of what comes in/goes out - that is, potentially overseeing what the receiving manager does?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010
    Thats a perfect combo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    this post means nothing without the store location.. :P  

but well audit mgr and any position would be a conflict..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPlayer X
    If these two managers were good managers, then the incident would have been overlooked and correected failry easily. However, this was probably the straw that broke the camels back. There is no way that a store manager would fire someone because of this, if they were good managers to begin with.  

As far as Obi Wan is concerned, you obviously have no clue as to the interactions between the audit manager and the receiving manager, so it would be best to keep your inaccurate opinions to yourself in these matters.
  2.  permalink
    Player X makes a good point. Audit has almost nothing to do with Recieving.  

ALSO: What store?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Player X: As far as Obi Wan is concerned, you obviously have no clue as to the interactions between the audit manager and the receiving manager, so it would be best to keep your inaccurate opinions to yourself in these matters.

I can tell you that where I work (a large healthcare provider in the Texas Medical Center), our internal audit department plays a key roll in makihg sure that each departmeht is essentially doing what they're supposed to do, not wasting money, and doing everythihg above board. If one of the audit people was having a a relationship with a director or manager of a department, at the very least that audit person would not be the one to do the audit for that director/manager's department.  

So...what does an audit manager at Fry's actually do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    audit manager rechecks all payments and signatures of items coming in through recieving so it could cause some conflict. when i worked for office max and did both those jobs i could easily take out shipments of items or make them dissapear in the computer
    •  
      CommentAuthorPlayer X
    That is what our loss prevention department is there to do. Our audit department serves as a checks and balances on our paperwork. They are more of an accounting department, persay. They double check all the sales, transactions and paperwork that occured from the previous day. The only thing they do with receiving is double check to make sure that all of the bill of ladings (receivers) were signed correctly.  

Where there could be a conflict of interest is audit is in charge of payroll. However, it is impossible to cheat that, considering there is a lot of paperwork to back up what the payroll should be. Which is why, the conflict of interest is not great enough to warrant a termination in this case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    If the audit manager/audit department does checks and balances on paperwork, and is sleeping with whomever they do these checks on, I'd call that a potential conflict of interest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPlayer X
    Again, The only checks and balances they do on receiving paperwork is double checking that all of the receivers are signed. Then they forward all of the paperwork to home office for home office to review. There are too many people involved in one P.O. to do anything shady with it.  

However, I might have misunderstood. I read that these two people were fired for living together. I did not see sleeping together. These are two different things. Were these two people dating, or just roommates?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Player X: That is what our loss prevention department is there to do. Our audit department serves as a checks and balances on our paperwork. .

Loss Prevention has a tougher time seeing things missing if the paperwork is fudged and a lot of tips come from something being off with the paperwork.. If you have an audit manager fudging invoices and paperwork for the receiving manager, they can easily make merchandise disappear. Though such arrangements can be made without them sleeping together or living together, but having those situations make it more likely.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    ive seen store managers suckin guys off , gay and straight ive seen department managers dating whoever they want, supervisors having harems of frys girls................................... why dont they get fired?:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    sex is good, theft is bad
  3.  permalink
    Player X: I read that these two people were fired for living together. I did not see sleeping together.

These people where fired for living together. I only found out about it when I read our weekly communication and it said employees are no longer allowed to live together.
  4.  permalink
    Employees have never been allowed to live together. Its in the handbook as cohabitation. If it was overlooked its because home office never heard about it. Relatives cant work at the same store either except in oregon.
  5.  permalink
    its in the hand book no employees can live together you get married to person from another department or whatever someones gotta leave. dont like it? go work somewhere else
  6.  permalink
    It still happens though. People will live together, date and what not. I've seen everything in handbook be broken. Even myself, never did drugs or seen drugs in my entire life. Once I started working at Fry's I was a big pot head for about 2 months straight. And it says in the handbook not to do drugs, thats why you get drug tested when you first start there.
  7.  permalink
    They had a kid together and still to this day live together.
  8.  permalink
    The Audit manager should have made an honest man out of the receving manager!