Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    They can keep the hourly rate. I love not having to stay past 9 but....................... WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL REQUIRED TO DO SCHEMATICS, GO-BACKS, AND OTHER SHIT THAT WE'RE NOT GETTING PAID TO DO?!?!?!?!?!?! If I have to make my own money then I shouldn't have to do any free labor. I can't stand it when sups and managers ask us for our "schematic inspection worksheets" or "let's go walk your aisle", it just feels degrading knowing that they're taking away precious selling time and an even bigger slap in the face when they write us up for not hitting sales goals! Any salesman can attest to the fact that the really BIG sales can come at any moment. Don't we all just love those "walk up" customers that want the Velocity Micros or the Hp Elites or the Asus Gaming laptops with the 3 year? How the fuck can I get lucky if I'm forced to do a schematic or forced to walk down the aisles. LPG hits are fucking bullshit as well. Especially when they raise the commission on certain products just to get you to sell it and then have it go on sale a week later. Wireless installation is a great service that we have to offer, but not when it's a fucking quota! Same goes for monster cables, I think it's great that we offer high end stuff, but not when we have to force it down a customers throat like a PSC. Doesn't the company realize that they are actually doing more harm in the long run by loosing repeat business because people will eventually go somewhere else where they're not pressured into buying things they don't WANT or NEED. By the way, those Shaxon HDMIs that go on sale for $7.99 work perfectly fine, I'd like to see anybody in home office up sell a customer that came in with an ad in hand pointing to the sale items. I know the idea is to bring customers in and try to get them to buy the better product that fits their needs and make some money in the process, but it's pure and utter bullshit when you advertise high end stuff and we have to step the customers down to a lower end discontinued product with half the specs for the same price or MORE to make a few bucks. That ain't right! example: "No sir/mam you don't want that Hp Core I5 that comes with a 12cell battery and 500gb hd, you need to buy the Hp with the Core i3 with 320gb hard drive for $50 more and only a 6 cell battery, because it's better." You guys get the idea.

Fell free to add anything that I've missed guys and gals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    Guest: They can keep the hourly rate. I love not having to stay past 9 but....................... WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL REQUIRED TO DO SCHEMATICS, GO-BACKS, AND OTHER SHIT THAT WE'RE NOT GETTING PAID TO DO?!?!?!?!?!?! If I have to make my own money then I shouldn't have to do any free labor. I can't stand it when sups and managers ask us for our "schematic inspection worksheets" or "let's go walk your aisle", it just feels degrading knowing that they're taking away precious selling time and an even bigger slap in the face when they write us up for not hitting sales goals! Any salesman can attest to the fact that the really BIG sales can come at any moment. Don't we all just love those "walk up" customers that want the Velocity Micros or the Hp Elites or the Asus Gaming laptops with the 3 year? How the fuck can I get lucky if I'm forced to do a schematic or forced to walk down the aisles. LPG hits are fucking bullshit as well. Especially when they raise the commission on certain products just to get you to sell it and then have it go on sale a week later. Wireless installation is a great service that we have to offer, but not when it's a fucking quota! Same goes for monster cables, I think it's great that we offer high end stuff, but not when we have to force it down a customers throat like a PSC. Doesn't the company realize that they are actually doing more harm in the long run by loosing repeat business because people will eventually go somewhere else where they're not pressured into buying things they don't WANT or NEED. By the way, those Shaxon HDMIs that go on sale for $7.99 work perfectly fine, I'd like to see anybody in home office up sell a customer that came in with an ad in hand pointing to the sale items. I know the idea is to bring customers in and try to get them to buy the better product that fits their needs and make some money in the process, but it's pure and utter bullshit when you advertise high end stuff and we have to step the customers down to a lower end discontinued product with half the specs for the same price or MORE to make a few bucks. That ain't right! example: "No sir/mam you don't want that Hp Core I5 that comes with a 12cell battery and 500gb hd, you need to buy the Hp with the Core i3 with 320gb hard drive for $50 more and only a 6 cell battery, because it's better." You guys get the idea.  

Fell free to add anything that I've missed guys and gals.

Did you read my post at all? I said if you are not getting compensated for work you are doing, you are not responsible for that work. If you feel you are being worked illegally,and not being compensated for your work, call the Board of Labor/Department of Labor and report it. They will take care of this issue, I promise you.
  2.  permalink
    I read the post about the board of labor and I thank you for that. I just wanted to expand on the rest of the bullshit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    Guest: I read the post about the board of labor and I thank you for that. I just wanted to expand on the rest of the bullshit.

I understand your frustrations. The problem here is that Fry's Electronics is a private held company. They have no supervision that controls or influences them. So Fry's plays sneaky in trying to run their business illegally. So that means wrong doing MUST be reported by the employees their selves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    sbr:I understand your frustrations. The problem here is that Fry's Electronics is a private held company. They have no supervision that controls or influences them. So Fry's plays sneaky in trying to run their business illegally. So that means wrong doing MUST be reported by the employees their selves.

Please tell me conclusively what Fry's is doing illegally in their business practices. Is it the commission only sales floor? Many companies employ the same practices. It's definitely not illegal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    calculon:
    sbr:I understand your frustrations. The problem here is that Fry's Electronics is a private held company. They have no supervision that controls or influences them. So Fry's plays sneaky in trying to run their business illegally. So that means wrong doing MUST be reported by the employees their selves.

Please tell me conclusively what Fry's is doing illegally in their business practices. Is it the commission only sales floor? Many companies employ the same practices. It's definitely not illegal.

Do I really have to answer to you? You really seem like a waste of effort, and breath. Making employees work for 0$ commission on a sale item is 100% illegal. If any employee does ANY kind of work, and is not compensated in a 100% commission base job it is illegal to not compensate that employee. REGARDLESS if that employee is making above minimum wage at the end of the day, the employee MUST be compensated for work done. Also, firing people for the 5 hour rule in any state outside of California ( DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS, I NEED TO DO MORE RESEARCH ) You are employeed within a state, you pay your state and country taxes, which means you are held to the regulations of that state only. You can not be held accountable for other states rules and regulations ( Look at court cases where they pull people to other states for their trials, or where people get off for something illegal in one state and/or not another. ) Anything else I must educate you with? Because, I am not playing teacher here Calculon.
  3.  permalink
    Very confusing. Maybe not a native English language person.
  4.  permalink
    Maybe its just me then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    sbr:Do I really have to answer to you? You really seem like a waste of effort, and breath. Making employees work for 0$ commission on a sale item is 100% illegal. If any employee does ANY kind of work, and is not compensated in a 100% commission base job it is illegal to not compensate that employee. REGARDLESS if that employee is making above minimum wage at the end of the day, the employee MUST be compensated for work done. Also, firing people for the 5 hour rule in any state outside of California ( DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS, I NEED TO DO MORE RESEARCH ) You are employeed within a state, you pay your state and country taxes, which means you are held to the regulations of that state only. You can not be held accountable for other states rules and regulations ( Look at court cases where they pull people to other states for their trials, or where people get off for something illegal in one state and/or not another. ) Anything else I must educate you with? Because, I am not playing teacher here Calculon.

Commission only pay structures are not illegal in any state. And if an employee makes a sale that's $0 commission, then that's a bummer, but the company looks at it that the salesman didn't do their job correctly and sell something that was mutually beneficial to the company and the salesperson. That's why the pay structure is based off profit. It's the same in most other product based commission only sales jobs. No profit, no money. It's simple.  

And since Fry's operates in at-will employment states, they can fire someone for anything they want. If it's a company policy to not work more than 5 hours and someone repeatedly violates that, Fry's has every right to fire them despite what state they're in. Fry's also has a company policy on dress code stating that men must wear a tie every day if they're on the sales floor. If an employee repeatedly refused to wear a tie and Fry's fired him for not operating within Fry's policies, the state of Arizona, or Texas, or Oregon, or Washington wouldn't give a damn. It's not illegal to have policies for your company that require certain performances that can result in the loss of your job when not followed.  

Please come back with some legitimate answers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010 edited
    calculon:
    sbr:Do I really have to answer to you? You really seem like a waste of effort, and breath. Making employees work for 0$ commission on a sale item is 100% illegal. If any employee does ANY kind of work, and is not compensated in a 100% commission base job it is illegal to not compensate that employee. REGARDLESS if that employee is making above minimum wage at the end of the day, the employee MUST be compensated for work done. Also, firing people for the 5 hour rule in any state outside of California ( DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS, I NEED TO DO MORE RESEARCH ) You are employeed within a state, you pay your state and country taxes, which means you are held to the regulations of that state only. You can not be held accountable for other states rules and regulations ( Look at court cases where they pull people to other states for their trials, or where people get off for something illegal in one state and/or not another. ) Anything else I must educate you with? Because, I am not playing teacher here Calculon.

Commission only pay structures are not illegal in any state. And if an employee makes a sale that's $0 commission, then that's a bummer, but the company looks at it that the salesman didn't do their job correctly and sell something that was mutually beneficial to the company and the salesperson. That's why the pay structure is based off profit. It's the same in most other product based commission only sales jobs. No profit, no money. It's simple.  

And since Fry's operates in at-will employment states, they can fire someone for anything they want. If it's a company policy to not work more than 5 hours and someone repeatedly violates that, Fry's has every right to fire them despite what state they're in. Fry's also has a company policy on dress code stating that men must wear a tie every day if they're on the sales floor. If an employee repeatedly refused to wear a tie and Fry's fired him for not operating within Fry's policies, the state of Arizona, or Texas, or Oregon, or Washington wouldn't give a damn. It's not illegal to have policies for your company that require certain performances that can result in the loss of your job when not followed.  

Please come back with some legitimate answers.

You find me WHAT page, in the Fry's handbook does it MENTION ANYTHING about Fry's 5 hour lunch rule, Scan the page, post it up on here, then I will tell you congrats. Until then, your just taking things out of context. Who mentioned anything about dress code?  

As for a pay structure. What is your degree in, and what education do you hold to know what you are talking about legally on pay structures? Do you work for the department of labor that regulates minimum wages? I thought not, so please calculon, shut up. You have NO clue what you are talking about. Talking to uneducated people who think they know everything is like beating a dead horse, I swear.
  5.  permalink
    [quote=sbr]As for a pay structure. What is your degree in, and what education do you hold to know what you are talking about legally on pay structures? Do you work for the department of labor that regulates minimum wages? I thought not, so please calculon, shut up. You have NO clue what you are talking about. Talking to uneducated people who think they know everything is like beating a dead horse, I swear. [/quote]
    What the hell is your degree in? It sure can't be law, unless it's an internet degree. Fry's had to have discussed the full commission move with their legal team, to see if it was first of all: LEGAL. It obviously was, hence why they implemented it. There is no grounds for a lawsuit, so please just shut up or produce some legal documentation proving otherwise. I'm talking actual laws or case precedents, because as it stands, YOU are the only one who doesn't know what you're talking about.

Waiters get paid far below minimum wage, but make up the difference in tips. They're still required to do things besides wait tables, and that's perfectly legal. Same thing here, it sucks, but it's legal. Man up or quit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    Guest:
    As for a pay structure. What is your degree in, and what education do you hold to know what you are talking about legally on pay structures? Do you work for the department of labor that regulates minimum wages? I thought not, so please calculon, shut up. You have NO clue what you are talking about. Talking to uneducated people who think they know everything is like beating a dead horse, I swear.

What the hell is your degree in? It sure can't be law, unless it's an internet degree. Fry's had to have discussed the full commission move with their legal team, to see if it was first of all: LEGAL. It obviously was, hence why they implemented it. There is no grounds for a lawsuit, so please just shut up or produce some legal documentation proving otherwise. I'm talking actual laws or case precedents, because as it stands, YOU are the only one who doesn't know what you're talking about.  

Waiters get paid far below minimum wage, but make up the difference in tips. They're still required to do things besides wait tables, and that's perfectly legal. Same thing here, it sucks, but it's legal. Man up or quit.

I'm no longer apart of Fry's. I'm just stating what I've learned in school. Waiters are working on a certain wage, that works on different regulations. Waiters don't work against a draw system. Fry's has a setup draw system, to where if you don't sell the ammount of minimum wage, then you go into draw. Then you owe Fry's money. I can't explain this to you guys. You would have to read books, and educate yourself on how this is illegal. If you think I'm wrong, prove it. Call the dept. of labor, and see for yourself. Get a legitimate case going, which will take you atleast a week or two. don't come back here tomorrow saying you did it, trying to make me look wrong because I'm not. The board will then ask you for a sales record of commissions on products sold. As calculon said " if its negative, its not going to pay you, deal with it. " That is not how the labor board will see it. They will see people not being adequately compensated in a 100% commission job. Your sales qoutes and history will show this. Go into your Audit office tomorrow. Tell them, i want a page full of my Sales Tracker of everything I sold, and the commission on that item. BELIEVE ME THEY CAN DO IT! The labor board will ask you for the history. and so forth...have fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 8012
    The thing about the whole 5 hrs thing is that even if it's not in the hand book, as long as they TEAM COMMUNICATE it and make it clear that they do not want you to go over 5 hrs such as having signs in the store for employees or even writing on the coverage or a team communication report... and you go over 5 hrs... it doesn't even have to be policy.

I think they still have to follow 5 hrs rule because the home office is in California, and that's where all the payroll is at. I just think, I actually don't know; maybe they do this because it's more simple for them to keep a consistency and standard.

Their at-will policy really gives them the power to say what they need or want from their associates. As long as they don't fire you for anything such as your sex, race, religion, orientation... bla bla blah you get the picture... then they are still in the good. Firing associates obviously would hurt them as far as unemployment taxes go, which is probably why they push for each associates to do a VQ... and it's in each and every associates favour to sign the VQ instead of taking a "involuntary termination" for their next job. I know that if I ever got pulled into the office, I'll sign that VQ and keep a copy for my records.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    Guest: The thing about the whole 5 hrs thing is that even if it's not in the hand book, as long as they TEAM COMMUNICATE it and make it clear that they do not want you to go over 5 hrs such as having signs in the store for employees or even writing on the coverage or a team communication report... and you go over 5 hrs... it doesn't even have to be policy.  

I think they still have to follow 5 hrs rule because the home office is in California, and that's where all the payroll is at. I just think, I actually don't know; maybe they do this because it's more simple for them to keep a consistency and standard.  

Their at-will policy really gives them the power to say what they need or want from their associates. As long as they don't fire you for anything such as your sex, race, religion, orientation... bla bla blah you get the picture... then they are still in the good. Firing associates obviously would hurt them as far as unemployment taxes go, which is probably why they push for each associates to do a VQ... and it's in each and every associates favour to sign the VQ instead of taking a "involuntary termination" for their next job. I know that if I ever got pulled into the office, I'll sign that VQ and keep a copy for my records.

Yeah, employment can be tricky. But if you didn't sign a policy during employment process, and they haven't updated the policy and haven't made you sign an agreement. In court, you can and will use that against them. You are correct about the VQ. VQ is always better than, just letting them fire you believe me. Being fired looks real bad against you in this economy right now. If you go on unemployment, its going to be obvious you were fired, and any company will know that.  

The at will policy is REALLY iffy. To be honest, when I was in school, we went to a court case employees vs employers. Judges 9/10 will rule AGAINST the at will policy. because it is SO negative towards the policy, and makes it such an easy cop out for employers. You'd be surprised, just how much that " at will policy " really has.
  6.  permalink
    Again sbr, what kind of school? Your blatant misrepresentation of illegal activity obviously precludes any legal degree; that or you're a really bad student.

So, you're saying it's illegal, but you can't/won't prove how. Now, you want me to do all of the work to prove how it's illegal for you, just to prove you're right, something which I am in disagreement with. Are you serious?

Being "involuntarily terminated" isn't that bad for your chances to get another job, especially in this economy. You can be laid off, which is still an involuntary termination, you still can draw unemployment, and it's perfectly fine and understandable in these current economic times. If I was a hiring manager at another company, I would be more concerned with you quitting your old job before having another one lined up at this point than being terminated.

Fry's makes you sign the TK. As long as they keep that, you have written agreement of being informed of the policy change, regardless of them updating the manual. That will still hold up in court, just like any of the other documents that you sign.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010 edited
    sbr:You find me WHAT page, in the Fry's handbook does it MENTION ANYTHING about Fry's 5 hour lunch rule, Scan the page, post it up on here, then I will tell you congrats. Until then, your just taking things out of context. Who mentioned anything about dress code?  

I'm sure it's possible, even plausible to think that companies across America issue new company policies from time to time that don't make it into the handbook that's signed when you start work there. Hell, I'll wager that there's even some companies that don't give you handbooks when you start but still expect you to abide by the company policies. Crazy idea, huh?  

My example with dress code (obviously was lost on you) was just an example of another company policy that could be enforced upon an employee. You failed to grab that simple analogy though.  

I may not have a degree in Human Resources (my degree holds a little more value than that and I don't have to repeatedly cite it on an internet forum to prove that to you), but I can still read up on pay structures in the American workspace, and I did when Fry's went to this system. Believe me there is nothing illegal about it. You don't need a degree to see that.  

But overall I'm glad there's someone else on this thread that's seeing through your bullshit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010 edited
    This will be my last reply to you calculon because you are nothing but a forum basher, you do nothing but troll these forums trying to get to people. You have no degree, your illiteracy clearly shows this. Why do you beat around the bush calculon? You are like a broken record on repeat. You keep repeating everything you have said, that shows NO RELEVANCE to a pay scale? How the hell does a dress code have ANYTHING to do with compensation? You have no clue what you are talking about. Get a life. My last sentence will be my final say so on this subject to you, take it for what it is worth.  

THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR DOES NOT GIVE A 2 SHITS ABOUT COMPANY POLICY OR PROCEDURE! THE ONLY THING THE DEPT. OF LABOR WILL SEE IS EMPLOYEES BEING COMPENSATED FOR WORK DONE! THE ONLY WAY FOR YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG IS TO DO THE WORK! UNTIL THEN SHUT UP FOR GOD SAKES!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010
    Me? Illiterate? Shocker. I'm still wading through your stream of attempts at impressive words. I wasn't sure what illiteracy was, but now that you've informed me that its reading "sbr" bullshit, then I really feel for all those kids out there in the world that are illiterate. WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?!?!  

The pay scale is better now than it has ever been. It's based on straight profit percentages, it's simple to understand. I'll never understand why people continue to complain about it. But yet, every week there's a new attempted troll blowing smoke about it. This week it's you "sbr" and your human resource degree. You're the latest in a list of users that will be a flash in the pan on this site, realize they're wrong, and leave as quick as they came. So good riddance.  

You call me a forum basher, yet you're the one here on this (and other) threads fighting with multiple people to attempt to explain your off-base and wrong "theories" that you "know" because of your "babysitting" (oops, human resource) degree. I'm the guy who just comes here to post against people like you week in and week out, prove you wrong, then you leave and another troll takes your place. You've already stated that you don't even work for Fry's, so kindly get the fuck off my lawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010 edited
    If any of you have any concerns, you can private message me, and I will tell you the steps you need to take to contact the department of labor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    calculon: Me? Illiterate? Shocker. I'm still wading through your stream of attempts at impressive words. I wasn't sure what illiteracy was, but now that you've informed me that its reading "sbr" bullshit, then I really feel for all those kids out there in the world that are illiterate. WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?!?!  

The pay scale is better now than it has ever been. It's based on straight profit percentages, it's simple to understand. I'll never understand why people continue to complain about it. But yet, every week there's a new attempted troll blowing smoke about it. This week it's you "sbr" and your human resource degree. You're the latest in a list of users that will be a flash in the pan on this site, realize they're wrong, and leave as quick as they came. So good riddance.  

You call me a forum basher, yet you're the one here on this (and other) threads fighting with multiple people to attempt to explain your off-base and wrong "theories" that you "know" because of your "babysitting" (oops, human resource) degree. I'm the guy who just comes here to post against people like you week in and week out, prove you wrong, then you leave and another troll takes your place. You've already stated that you don't even work for Fry's, so kindly get the fuck off my lawn.

LMFAO I have to reply to this. They leave because they realize there are people on this sforum that are so ignorant that it is pointless to stay. People that have no life at all, to come in here and just start drama with them, so they are the more mature one to just walk away from it, and leave you in here by your lonesome self. Do I need to say anymore? ROFL THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO BAD LMFAO! I BOW DOWN TO YOU MR. BIG SHOT! I WILL LEAVE! You do realize you sound about 20-21 years old? A kid with a big ego who thinks he is hot shit, that thinks he knows everything? ROFL!!!!! This is funny. Keep going, I love reading ego hyped posts! You sir, are the coolest person I know! NOT ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormainframeo4
    We have enough posts on this subject, make a new thread, lets go back to more interesting questions for Player X
  7.  permalink
    <blockquote><cite> sbr:</cite> This company will be sued by a Class Act Law Suit. I've been reading these forums for days, and worked at Fry's Electronics for three years. The way they do business is completely shady, unethical, unmoral, and down right disgusting. All it is going to take is one person to completely snap over this LPG, or how sale items pay ZERO dollars in commission, and force the employee to work without being compensated with a commission.

Not to mention in store 43, how people clock out to not go over the 5 hour lunch break rule, just to come back to work off the clock, and filling out retro edits to cover worked time off the clock. You know because that isn't illegal or anything ( and the department managers ) allowing it to happen.

If you guys really are pissed off at Fry's, just call The Department of Labor. They will handle this situation. Anything that is considered unethical, they will compensate you, and penalize the company. I'm surprised the employees haven't gotten sick of upper management by now, and haven't called the Union. Boy, would Randy Fry shit a brick if the Union got involved. I bet Fry's would be out of business in a heart beat for how the company has been ran for years. I would LOVE to see the fines. Player X, For your information. I have a degree in Human Resource. You know damn well, I'm speaking the truth. </blockquote>

<blockquote><cite> sbr:</cite> <blockquote><cite> calculon:</cite> Me? Illiterate? Shocker. I'm still wading through your stream of attempts at impressive words. I wasn't sure what illiteracy was, but now that you've informed me that its reading "sbr" bullshit, then I really feel for all those kids out there in the world that are illiterate. WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?!?!

You call me a forum basher, yet you're the one here on this (and other) threads fighting with multiple people to attempt to explain your off-base and wrong "theories" that you "know" because of your "babysitting" (oops, human resource) degree. I'm the guy who just comes here to post against people like you week in and week out, prove you wrong, then you leave and another troll takes your place. You've already stated that you don't even work for Fry's, so kindly get the fuck off my lawn. </blockquote>

LMFAO I have to reply to this. They leave because they realize there are people on this sforum that are so ignorant that it is pointless to stay. People that have no life at all, to come in here and just start drama with them, so they are the more mature one to just walk away from it, and leave you in here by your lonesome self. Do I need to say anymore? ROFL THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO BAD LMFAO! I BOW DOWN TO YOU MR. BIG SHOT! I WILL LEAVE! You do realize you sound about 20-21 years old? A kid with a big ego who thinks he is hot shit, that thinks he knows everything? ROFL!!!!! This is funny. Keep going, I love reading ego hyped posts! You sir, are the coolest person I know! NOT ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </blockquote>
    I'm just saying, as a user for a higher diminishing purpose than to bash people publicly. This thread was made to honor a pure source for questions and understandings, not make an edited thread by the end of the thread all about AV and Computers pay scale.

At this point take your chat else where, away from view, you have already said what needs to be said, both of you. I am not politically leader, more just a kid, but seriously, I have read enough from you two whining about the SAME subject, with out a result. I agree with calculon that if you can not prove it wrong, then it's not wrong, concepts of innocent until proven guilty. While I take it the same way you, SBR, takes the appeal. You are giving the steps of what is needed in order to fix someones life for someone that physically unable to make it in the commission only system, kind of like your self? Huh? We know your willing to extend a helping hand and show them the DOL.gov, along with most of our ideas being pulled from BLS.gov.

With that being said, I hope you both start your own THREAD maybe called 'commission dispute, SBR vs calculon'. One of you may actually make a public hearing, who knows, but until then, both of you need to stop being a sales person and stop bullshitting yourselves. Ask diligent questions here, that is what Player X started, and you ruined.

**Edit**

If you believe the company does business in a shady perspective, don't shop, deal, or associate your self with Fry's, obviously it is above you. Let use continue the lives we love continuing our employment with Fry's Electronics Inc.

-- Union talk is also grounds for instant termination. --

Why do universities of business trade love to involve themselves with Fry's Electronics vs Best Buy? Fry's Electronics is simply better, in over all management, pay, and employment for a high employee count.

Food for thought: If the average store employees more than 350 employees across 40 some odd stores, why don't more complain? Fry's is actually treating their employee's right, and your just corrupting a thought of a possible good employee to go bad. Maybe I've not worked in Fry's to long (greater than 4 years, less than 10) or maybe haven't seen that many stores (I've been an employed for 5 different stores.) I still can't find anything to complain about that will get the DOL involved. They still give me pay, they do make human mistakes, and they have enough checks and balances where no body actually screws up bad enough to get the DOL involved. This is enough talk on the matter, anything further should be posted to a new thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010 edited
    When you hit the 10 year mark, they will find a way to get rid of you. I have seen Top Salespeople given a "New" schedule that secured their downfall. In other words, you did not sell enough last month. These are people that Are Top Salespeople, Best Customer Service skills, and highest product knowledge being let go.  
    I have seen Top Management fired over dating another employee. Wow, they went to Dinner.
  8.  permalink
    I have been with the company almost 13 years and all of a sudden i'm being pulled into managements office every few days with threats to fire me. In all the years i have worked there i have always been threatened with the bad and very rarely been applauded for the positive even when it meant donating unpaid time to build a demo or fix a display or just generally going home and learning about a product that the company didn't properly train us on to begin with
  9.  permalink
    Hate to jump in while everybody is playing soooo nicely together, but what the hell, I'm a buttinsky.
    The lunch law mentioned earlier is the California lunch law, which states an employee must be given a lunch after 5 hrs of work. Although not a law (yet) in EVERY state,when a company is forced to do something in one state, they will often make it policy in others for uniformity's sake...and to head off future law lawsuits. Lawsuits are the reason for the law in the first place.

To think that one who is on commission cannot be required to do anything BUT sell is laughable...try taking that complaint to the labor board. Waitresses make as little as $2.00/hr + tips. They are often required to clean tables, setup, and other general duties. They MAY also be required to split their tips with cooks and kitchen help who are on straight minimum wage or higher pay.
    Car salesmen on commission are often required to set up sales banners, blow up balloons, make popcorn, coffee, ect. And yes, some who work in rail stores are required to stock their shelves, and keep their area neat. They are also often required (like any other salesman) to push the crap that does not sell, and the highend crap nobody wants or needs.

As far as legality....it all boils down to what state you work in (some are "Right to work" states, some are not), and who you work for. A lot of the labor laws are actually STATE laws, and not Federal. Unless you work for a union....a company can almost get away with murder when it comes to what they can and cannot require you to do. There are actually relatively few laws governing what an employer can or cannot expect you to do. If you have a LEGITIMATE gripe, you will have better luck with a lawyer than the labor board. Is your slight worth paying for a lawyer out of your own pocket? Are you sure a court will see your side?

The bottom line is expectation of compensation whether it be a a straight hourly wage, or commission or offset by tips. You have the right to quit if you feel you are not properly being compensated. You have the right to work for someone who will pay an hourly wage.....and have a consistant pay base, or you can choose to take the risk of a commission only job where you may make nothing, or 10x what the guy next to you does depending on the week. But rest assurred that whatever you choose, certain things that affect profitability of said job CAN be expected of you. Being expected to stock shelves is not being discriminated against for your skin color, it is not gender biased, and it is not anything you want to bitch about IF you like your job.....if you don't like it....move on, and free up that crying towel for spills on aisle 5.
  10.  permalink
    Player X,

Why is the POS and Store Master outdated and horrible to work with? Example: In the Store Master I can't filter or sort out any items that out of stock (O) within a CLS.
  11.  permalink
    per calculon "That's why the pay structure is based off profit. It's the same in most other product based commission only sales jobs. No profit, no money. It's simple."

for the longest time Apple Mac Pros had HUGE margins and paid $0, its not on ad. same thing with the Apple screens, huge profit, no commission. same thing with Logitech accessories, big margin, no commission. i dont think its as "simple" as you said it is
  12.  permalink
    I also believe Fry's Corporate manipulates the profit you see in the POS from the real profit they are actually making on the products just so they can say "This item only has 30 points on it, that's why your not making the full 10% commission". It's really odd that a $1700 Cinema display and a $2300 MAc pro has no profit on it so we sales people don't get any commission on it.
  13.  permalink
    actually apple is the same price everywhere you go (cept maybe the apple store) so it stands to reason they (Apple) control the cost tighter than others
  14.  permalink
    The cost listed in the POS is complete nonsense. This is done not only to control AP but to direct sales to towards brands that are in bed with Fry's.
  15.  permalink
    How do you contact the Human Resources Department?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010
    Human Resources Department? Fry's Electronics does not have one. They don't believe in ethics, morals, and correct business practices. I am not lieing. They have a " Home Office " Where people with no degree, who got promoted from Sales into these positions more then likely, work to fill the spots. Your wasting your time, unless you talk to Randy Fry himself.
  16.  permalink
    Haha. The closest thing Fry's has to HR is their benefits department, which is 3-4 people, most of which are women who have banged or married store managers. I remember calling once to complain about a breech of the law to their tip number, and nobody responded. Their stores are just decentralized pieces of junk, where anything goes until the store manager is moved to start the process again.
  17.  permalink
    agreed...

when i called home office, from the person that answered the phone, to the second person that answered the phone to the actual person that handled my concerns were all RUDE and gave me shitty attitudes when i am trying to explain the situation. it really sucks when you call home office to make a complaint because you believe your SM or ASM will not help you... and home office turns around and calls ur ASM and SM about the story how you contacted home office and now your name is out there in the open to be slaughtered.
  18.  permalink
    Why the fuck am I being forced into Sales when I DO NOT WANT TO BE IN SALES? Apparently, it's corporates decision. Learn how to manage your stores better and maybe you won't need to plot against employees so you can have a legit reason to fire us. If we wanted to be in Sales, we would have applied to be in Sales. We're not in Sales because WE ARE NOT GOOD AT IT and you guys know it.
  19.  permalink
    Frys make a big mitake for increasing the number of sales people on the floor, they think it's a good idea but I have noticed that new sales people sell low GP items or add items, no accessories, no PSC, it's because they are new and it will take them time to learn and sell to make money for themselves, but till then each one will go in draw and will get fired..a wrong way of pushing sales on the floor, whoever's idea is this maybe John Gamet or anyone puppet of frys it's a bad idea..they should go to floors and check how does it work..
    X-player , how much do you get paid for each posts you do in those forum, I read your posts , they are all good but I hope you can also try to find a way to talk to Home office people to bring some changes, you are defending frys, can you be honest and tell us what is not good about frys, or do you think some of us in here we say not the truth about frys..
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010
    More commissioned sales people means the Fry's can maximize profits by over-staffing and putting the responsibility of profitability to the employee.
  20.  permalink
    What is happening with Omar any one know
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidgrey
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010
    ""That's why the pay structure is based off profit."" ""It's based on straight profit percentages""  

I call bullshit. Pay is NOT based off of profit, look up the commission of some items and you will see clearly what I am talking about. i could just give some examples.  

1. company A gives company B extra money that is supposed to go to the sales person in order to motivate them to sell company A's product. Rather than giving that money to the sales person like they are supposed to, they just lower the price of the item that same amount and does nothing to increase the commission.  

2. An item was being pushed and it was paying quite a bit. People in some stores were slingin em like crack so they dropped the pay by 90% on that item because it sold so well and they didn't want to keep paying out all of that money. The people in other stores who did not have the same traffic now have one less item that they can rely on to give them a nice chunk of money.  

3. an item pays almost 30% of the GP and has been for as long as I have seen it. A new item comes in that will end up replacing it has over double the GP and it pays just over 3.5%.  

4. an item pays $1.00, it them goes W and the commission stays the same. that buck is now 1.4% of the GP and .4% of the item when other like W items pay 5% of the sale price.  

5. item A is 99.99. they put item A on add with a "price good through xx/xx/xx" on the bottom of the tag. the "sale price" is EXACTLY THE SAME as the reg but it no longer pays ANY commission. The BS I was given was "they take the commission away because the add did your job for you so you shouldn't get paid on that item........ Ok, so what then when we have a ton of those items and it is such a good deal that I don't care what kind of sale person you are, you won't be able to sell them anything else unless you lie to the customer and tell them you are out?  

6. The GP on an item is over $100.00, commission is $0.00...............  

7. Tell that to the people over in Telecom. I overheard one of them bitching about how they took away ALL commission for new contracts for T-mobile. Fry's wants to play their "games" and sales people get bent over and dry fisted WELL up to the shoulder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSynomenon
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2012
    I know this thread is old, but:  
    Guest:To top it off they can't be scheduled before opening nor after closing (no inventory duty).

Does this apply to salesmen in all departments? At the store I'm at, they recently started making the sales in our department either open at 7am or stay until 11pm a few days of the work-week (we open at 8am and close at 9pm) so that we help with "go backs" and restocking shelves. I've been given different reasons for this from different sups. in the department. One reason is that this is punishment for the sales people for not helping daily with "go backs". Another reason I've been given is that since we get paid hourly + commission, they expect us to do "go backs" and restock shelves (since we get paid hourly).
  21.  permalink
    Bingo. If you're being paid minimum wage in your state plus commission (i.e., you work in either Department 1 or 3) they can employ you regardless of whether there are customers in the building or not. This is because even if you're not selling items (and therefore earning commission), you're still being compensated for your time while you're on the clock.  

This is not the case in the commission-only departments (2, 5, & 7). On paper, sales associates in these departments are not to be scheduled beyond 30 minutes before or after opening and closing, respectively. Having said that, these associates are still expected to do go-backs, maintain aisles, put away freight, and even (especially in Department 7) bring down large appliances out of the warehouse for delivery the next day. This should be illegal if it isn't already; it's essentially free labor for the company.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSynomenon
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012 edited
    Something else they (the sups.) have started telling us is that soon, they're going to make everyone in our department (accessory sales, etc.) sales. So that the sales people essentially become:  

1) Sales  
    2) Accessory sales  
    3) Merchandisers  

for the department.
    •  
      CommentAuthorislandwank
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012
    When will the website be pushed out of the 1990s?
  22.  permalink
    islandwank: When will the website be pushed out of the 1990s?

Seeing as they made the move from DOS running on 486s to ... DOS running on windows XP in 2006, it'll probably be a while until Fry's stops using the Outpost.com cold fusion backend they've had since 1997.http://www.frysblackfriday.com
  23.  permalink
    Guest:

It is in the waiter's job description though, I would think. Fry's tries to finagle anything away from you they can.