Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    So I went to Fry's and went to the components department and they told me to buy this:  

http://www.frys.com/product/6159859?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG  

and said that it will fit in any computer case. So I apparently bought a mini ATX computer case and I was going to have service install it for me and they told me that the case was too small. They said that I needed a mid tower ATX case and I told that to components and they said that I needed a full size ATX case.  

I want to buy this:  

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch_v3.asp?scriteria=BD11276  

and wanted to know which department is right (service = mid tower) or components (full size ATX)?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Ask an Ex-Components Manger anything
    Ask me anything you want about the Service Department
    Customer Service Associate or Components?
    Jared Drunk & High At Work - No One Says Or Does Anything About It
    Fry's Treats employees like slaves and does nothing about it.
  2.  permalink
    Technically that power supply will fit in both a midtower and full tower. The only difference between a mid tower and a full tower (on the most part) is the overall height of the tower; full tower being taller than a mid tower, but on the most part a midtower will fit a full atx board and standard board atx powersupply (which your antec is) without a problem for an overall smaller form factor feel of a computer. Only time a full tower is used is if you want a lot of space to work on or your trying to fit an eATX class motherboard (usually only server class motherboards or high end gamer boards).
  3.  permalink
    Everything Guest said is correct. Mid towers and full towers can both accommodate ATX form factor parts (like PSUs, motherboards, etc.) A full tower is necessary when accommodating a larger-than-normal motherboard or more drives than a standard mid tower case can fit.  

However, sometimes full tower cases are chosen to accommodate specific cooling requirements, such as liquid cooling, or better-than-average air cooling, when parts would fit normally in a mid tower as well.
  4.  permalink
    thank you, i now know what i need to buy