Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2010 edited
    After working there for 3 yrs, I got another job that is nicer to their employees and treats them with respect. So there is a funny story behind my VQ. It was on May 3rd, my first day at my new job and I love it. So after that I went to work at Fry's (I had planned to have two jobs) and put in my 2 weeks. I put on the VQ "unsafe work conditions" and Ivan the manager incharge of the store since it was financials questions me about. After questioning, I go to my department and help customers. My manager comes up to me when I'm looking up an item for a customer. Ivan told my manager Reggie about it, he then asks what is dangerous about the backstock. I told him its dangerous when we have to get laptops from the second level shelves because when we go on the ladder there are tvs, printers, monitor, man-a-board, etc. in the way and i have to reach a distant to get laptops. Then this guy tells me lets go fix it. FIRST off I was with a customer, SECOND I'm quitting, no way in hell hes gonna make me do that. So I told him flat out NO. Somewat surprised he tells me again, and i repeat my response. Then he tells me that he is "ordering" me to do it. I tell him NO once again. I then proceed to tell him that I'm with a customer right now and come talk to me when I'm done. After I'm done with my customer, he comes up and tells me to show him. So I decide to show him, point out the monitors, printers, and man-a-board in the way. He asks me why he hasn't heard about this before. I tell him I have brought it up a couple times. He then asks what supervisor. (I didn't want any sup to get in trouble cuz they are pretty cool) I tell him it doesn't matter what sup i told, the point is that I brought it up. Then this manager as a "resolution" tells me to put the monitors away then. (The responsible thing would've been to apologize for the hazard, and offer a resolution, like designated receiving item area, or enforce a rule about using the man-a-board, like a specific area to park it, but he doesnt offer that) I told him NO, im not doing. We go over again im telling you, no , im ordering you, no thing again. Then i tell him I don't get paid for it. He responds by saying yes you do. I tell him "really, then show me a paper that says I get minimum wage for doing this" He doesn't respond to that and then tells me to put it away. I finally told him I'm not going to do it. He puts his hands in the air and says fine then. He goes home. LOL! keep in mind this was in front of two other supervisors.  

Wednesday I dont show up for work. Didn't plan too.  

On Friday I was supposed to work, but I just ended up shopping with my friend. My manager looks at me cuz i visited my department and doesnt say shit to me. lol. My store manager was back and tried to disable my AP before I got to the registers. Luckily I still got to use my AP, which made my ex store manager mad. AHAHA  

FUCK FRY'S! NOT WORTH IT!  

edit*  

Except I do love all the friends and people I met. They are the main reason why I stayed so long.Las Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Just got done dealing with a FRYS BRAND PC
    funny story
    Funny Termination Stories @ Frys
    Fry’s Electronics Slapped With Six-Figure Fine In Harassment Of Renton Employee
    Just started with Frys new lackie
  2.  permalink
    It sucks that you left Fry's since your new employer is not going to put up with your childish attitude and me like many other working American's will end up paying for your unemployment. "Funny story" the only thing funny is that the manager did not kick you out of the store.
  3.  permalink
    Funny to hear that Ivan & Reggie are still there. But considering they couldn't function in the real world and are dependent on a company like Fried for a "career" I'm not surprised. :face-monkey:
  4.  permalink
    "It sucks that you left Fry's since your new employer is not going to put up with your childish attitude and me like many other working American's will end up paying for your unemployment. "Funny story" the only thing funny is that the manager did not kick you out of the store."

Really?????? you are the one who sounds like a child with that answer to him. I applaud him. Why should a SALESMAN who makes no hourly right now with the current draw system have to do work in the back stock when there are accessories to do the job. Are you paying him his 8 dollars an hour to go back there and do the work? It is the responsibility for the back-stock coordinator to make sure the products are put away and organized safely. Our job as a salesmen is to take care of the customers, make money for the company but most importantly make a living for our self. If you tell them to go to the back and fix your screw-up then why should the salesmen be punished? As far as I am concerned he did the correct thing and let them know about the safety hazard. It was now up to the Managers to determine witch non salesmen should go back there to fix it.
  5.  permalink
    lol i know who dis is. yeah dude i hope you definitely have fun with ur current job. trust me, you dont want to be here as of right now. with the current frys aniversary sale, no one is making shit. also its been fun hanging out with you at that one party with ur friends, even though you didnt come and watch kick ass with us (you probably kno who dis is now lol). but yeah dude, anytime you want to buy something and need AP, let me kno. Im always here for you o_O lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    Guest: It sucks that you left Fry's since your new employer is not going to put up with your childish attitude and me like many other working American's will end up paying for your unemployment. "Funny story" the only thing funny is that the manager did not kick you out of the store.

You cannot claim unemployment if you quit. At least, here in Arizona, a right to work state.  

This person was in the right on ALL accounts. He'd been working there for 3 years, and LABOR such as he was asked to do is worth FAR more than minimum wage. Just because this person has SELF VALUE does not make him wrong or childish. Why would a manager kick him out? You have issues, buddy.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010
    thanks guys who agree with me. And Guest(3rd poster) im pretty sure i know who u are lol. 1st Guest, i have another job, i dont care about unemployment. Also I'm standing up for myself, if u feel an employer should do that, then by all means thats ur opinion. Now I'm really happy with my job.Las Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
  6.  permalink
    What's a "man-a-board"?
  7.  permalink
    It's a type of fork lift. What's interesting is I made a complaint about the condition of my store's back-stock and the fork lifts (when I worked at Fry's), and almost instantly I was harassed by every manager in the department. They quickly and sloppily made a TK regarding my comment, and tried forcing everybody to sign it (realizing their liability in the matter). Since the problem wasn't resolved, I didn't sign it, and that caused problems. Needless to say I called OHSHA and the the man-a-boards were replaced within the month. Moral of the story, call OHSHA regarding safety issues, and remain anonymous within the store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010
    Employees and Customers please call OHSHA when you see safety issues.  

It would help us employees greatly.
  8.  permalink
    cashier27, you should tell about the funny story where 20+ customers complained about you RUDELY walking away when they asked for AD items. And the times that you sell items that are under HOLD for another customer at will-call after Reggie and MULTIPLE associates and supervisors have warned you NOT to sell them.

note: nobody likes you~
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    Guest: cashier27, you should tell about the funny story where 20+ customers complained about you RUDELY walking away when they asked for AD items. And the times that you sell items that are under HOLD for another customer at will-call after Reggie and MULTIPLE associates and supervisors have warned you NOT to sell them.  

note: nobody likes you~

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA!! now thats funny. i haven't been on here for awhile, i dont care no more, got a better job. hopefully u do the same. good luck to uLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
  9.  permalink
    "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA!! now thats funny. i haven't been on here for awhile, i dont care no more, got a better job. hopefully u do the same. good luck to u"

i already quit and got better job before you did, but yeah, good luck with your poor attitude
    •  
      CommentAuthorRictus
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010
    I remember that. No one was shocked when you didn't come in to work after that.Fry's Electronics: The closest thing to slavery the law will allow.
  10.  permalink
    By any chance do you know reggie's last name?
  11.  permalink
    By any chance do you know reggie's last name?

No. I think they forgot it somewhere in the 3 yrs since this post was made.
  12.  permalink
    Guest: By any chance do you know reggie's last name?  

No. I think they forgot it somewhere in the 3 yrs since this post was made.

My thoughts exactly.
  13.  permalink
    i just read OP. sublime. i would have loved to do that at the store i used to work.