Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSun Ra
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010
    First of all, wanted to say hello :face-smile:  

Got a call today from Fry's and scheduled an interview for tomorrow. Was fairly excited then started to read the posts of this forum. Lol. Hope I don't turn into a zombie Fry worker ant. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated, but mainly just wanted to say heyo.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    If I cant make an interview time will they reschedule?
    I got called today for an interview... should I do it?
    What kinds of question do they ask at the interview?
    Got a call for a interview for computer sales position advice needed.
    Fry's Interview Help?
  2.  permalink
    Be yourself and don't go to the interview.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    How did the interview go?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSun Ra
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010
    It went well! I had read that there were three interviews, but for me it was basically one quick pre-interview interview, where the guy asked me what I wanted to do, asked me why I thought I'd be good at Fry's, and a few other very basic questions. He then told me that they were pretty much only hiring Customer Service Associates unless I had sales experience [which I have very little], and told me what to say to the actual interview guy. I had read some pretty terrible reviews for the CSA job, but w/e a job is a job.  

I then talked with someone in a fancy office who asked me the same questions, but also asked about my interests, hobbies and dream job. I told him I wanted to be an astronaut pirate. He then offered me a job.  

I start tomorrow! Kind of nervous, but am ready to start working.  

:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    My father was just joking about how people lie in response to questions like that. Because, really, is it seriously your dream job to work for a major telecommunications company when you hold a masters in biology?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSun Ra
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    The way they worded a lot of their questions, it was pretty obvious what they want to hear. And up until that question I gave them exactly that. But since the interview had gone well until then I felt like what the heck, this is how I'm going to be when I work here [I guess until I'm broken] so why not throw in a little humor. I guess I just got really lucky with the people I'm going to work with, because everyone who works around me is very friendly.  

I suppose it is only day one however. . .