Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpliesuck
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010 edited
    are you guys still doing go-backs, TSR, schematics and other tasks other then selling?  

in our store, our managers still demand closing assignments, aisles, go-backs and stuff like that. also they demand 1 frys card per shift, otherwise you get to stay until you get a frys card (unless you are closing) and just today, they started asking us to spend our own time to do the apple training certification... is this right? are you all doing the same stuff? i get a feeling that this isnt right...
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Supvervisors Lie: They say no overtime no working on schematics after a certain time
    How much flexibility is there on new hire hourly pay?
    Why Would You Cut the Hourly Pay, For Sales People?
    What it's like without hourly pay
    Should Fry's get rid of commission and pay just hourly?
  2.  permalink
    who the fuck is taking away commission? they took out hourly pay if thats what ur saying...  

yes we are still doing all that shit. except closing assignments is easy like turning off monitors.  
    no schematics.  

fuck frys. l
  3.  permalink
    A lot of this stuff that is done is necessary to stay successful at sales. Downstocking, schematics, I would even argue that Apple Certification helps you (and it even works on the computers at work; you can do it on down time no problem.) I've seen too many sales associates fail because there was product in the back and the customer didn't want to wait, or that they couldn't find a product because schematic wasn't done.

Granted, they don't pay hourly anymore, but it's not against the law because if you don't meet your hourly, you draw to meet at least the minimum. Commission is so high on some of the products that there are associates making an easy $700 a week; Not much to complain about further anyways, I've noticed a lot of computer associates like to give "free" directions to where products are at- It's simple to walk the customer over to the aisle and make a quote (for commission.) No wonder a selected few meet draw for *many* weeks and wonder how they got fired for non-performance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpliesuck
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010
    yeah thats what i meant, took away hourly, sorry....  

i understand some of the stuff we are supposed to do helps, but staying extra hours to get frys cards? i know its not against the law with no hourly and all, but it just doesnt seem right. and as far for apple training, why dont they just put the materials on vcon since we have to go to that already?!? instead, now we have to spend our own time to do those readings/quizes.  

i dont know about you guys, but since hourly was cut, no one single sales person made as much as they did before. our top sales used to make minimum 1400+ a week with the hourly included, now he makes 1000. yes the economy is down and all, but a 30% cut on pay?? although his case may be a little extreme, but overall people are getting roughly 20%+ decrease in pay with the higher commission and all... and we are still the same hard working labor that gets ordered around when we stand around and talk to each other when it is dead in the store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010
    LOL. You can tell when management posts here. They post as "Guest", and swear everything is for the good of the company (and you by defacto). I see a lot of similarities here to the documentary on Chinese sweat shops I just finished watching on PBS.:face-monkey:
  4.  permalink
    I swear everything is for the good of the company.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Fuck the company how can salesmen survive? lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    Boo hoo, we make $1000 per week instead of $1400, how will we ever make it?  

There's a line of people waiting to work a no experience required retail sales job and make that kind of money. Stop crying, do the tasks assigned you, and take your check and go home. You're working in the highest paying retail sales associate job in the country. Don't suck at it and enjoy it.
  5.  permalink
    thats the difference between making 73k vs 52k a year.

Id rather take the 73k a year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    There's a difference between making 52k a year and 0k a year. I'd rather take the 52k per year.  

There's a difference in between making 1 billion a year and 52k a year. I'd rather take the billion per year.  

Whats your point? You were entitled to that money and Fry's meanly took it away?
  6.  permalink
    Calculon, you are an idiot. Bottom line most of the us salesman were making good money before the switch to commission only structure. A salesman makes $1400 a week with hourly has a $300 buffer for taxes and deductions, plus it is a way for Fry's to say I am paying you hourly to do the labor work you are doing. now with the hourly gone you make less money a week, after taxes, medical, 401k etc, you take home almost 30% less then before so yes $73K a year vs $52K a year makes a big difference. Do you have a family to support, A car payment, house payment, bill. Witch one do YOU have to sacrifice to make the payment for the other since loosing that much extra money a year?

SO now that they are not paying us hourly and threaten us by telling us we will lose our job if we do not make the minimum to get out of draw. So were is the incentive for us to to the labor to down stock, put away carts or close the store?
    "Stop crying, do the tasks assigned you, and take your check and go home. You're working in the highest paying retail sales associate job in the country. Don't suck at it and enjoy it." Wow really??????? You know that for a fact? Why don't you ask MOR furniture how much they get payed working in a retail job, did you know they don't get payed anything less then 1 percent of there products. the more they sale the more the higher the percentage. 2nd even sears pays more commission then fry's they just don't have the traffic flow Fry's has.

Yeah they pay us so well here at Fry's our top sales man in the av department went from making an average of $1400 - $1100 a week to $700 a week. Products that used to pay use now have nothing on them. Then the products that we upgrade the customer to goes on sale the next week so we loose our pay for a low price guarantee. Oh you need to sale cables to make money and PSC, wow so you are telling me that half hour of convincing the customer how monster is much better then any of the cheaper cable out there is better how? Just so I can make $10 for selling the cable and $0 for the t.v. then have one of ther friends convince them that Monster aint all that and have the cable returned the next day.

Now before you start saying how much $1000 vs $1400 is still the same look at your spending habits and see if you can sacrifice what you spend on to enjoy the life you are currently living. IDIOT!!!
  7.  permalink
    Fry's loves employees like calculon.

Fry's: "Just bend over and take it in the ass"

calculon: "Yes boss! Anything you say!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    Like I've said before, it's not about entitlement, it's about ethics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010 edited
    Guest: Calculon, you are an idiot. Bottom line most of the us salesman were making good money before the switch to commission only structure. A salesman makes $1400 a week with hourly has a $300 buffer for taxes and deductions, plus it is a way for Fry's to say I am paying you hourly to do the labor work you are doing. now with the hourly gone you make less money a week, after taxes, medical, 401k etc, you take home almost 30% less then before so yes $73K a year vs $52K a year makes a big difference. Do you have a family to support, A car payment, house payment, bill. Witch one do YOU have to sacrifice to make the payment for the other since loosing that much extra money a year?  

SO now that they are not paying us hourly and threaten us by telling us we will lose our job if we do not make the minimum to get out of draw. So were is the incentive for us to to the labor to down stock, put away carts or close the store?  
    "Stop crying, do the tasks assigned you, and take your check and go home. You're working in the highest paying retail sales associate job in the country. Don't suck at it and enjoy it." Wow really??????? You know that for a fact? Why don't you ask MOR furniture how much they get payed working in a retail job, did you know they don't get payed anything less then 1 percent of there products. the more they sale the more the higher the percentage. 2nd even sears pays more commission then fry's they just don't have the traffic flow Fry's has.  

Yeah they pay us so well here at Fry's our top sales man in the av department went from making an average of $1400 - $1100 a week to $700 a week. Products that used to pay use now have nothing on them. Then the products that we upgrade the customer to goes on sale the next week so we loose our pay for a low price guarantee. Oh you need to sale cables to make money and PSC, wow so you are telling me that half hour of convincing the customer how monster is much better then any of the cheaper cable out there is better how? Just so I can make $10 for selling the cable and $0 for the t.v. then have one of ther friends convince them that Monster aint all that and have the cable returned the next day.  

Now before you start saying how much $1000 vs $1400 is still the same look at your spending habits and see if you can sacrifice what you spend on to enjoy the life you are currently living. IDIOT!!!

Well, Guest, I guess you got me good. You're just so misunderstood and pained. MOR Furniture is probably waiting with baited breath to hire you on. Or maybe Sears traffic will improve just because your wonderful presence is there.  

Give it a rest. The cheese moved and you're pissed because you have to go find it again. The store that I'm familiar with had some rocky starting days, but now it's business as normal. The guys in computers that were topping out at $650-700 in commission per week plus hourly now hit $950-1050. Even par there. The guys in AV that were doing $750-800 with maybe $1000 on a good week are now doing........ wait for it.... $1000-1100 with maybe a good week of $1300-1400. SHOCKER! You know what changed? Instead of swinging big laptops and big TVs all day they now sell laptops and tv's as part of a solution with other accessories. Who does that affect? First it helps the company. The people signing your check. They see profits go up. There are hard numbers to back this up. Second it helps the customer. Salesmen ask repeatedly if the customer needs a USB or HDMI cable to get that extra bit of commission. In turn the customer doesn't get home and say "shit, I cant hook this thing up" and run to Wal-Mart to get it. They're going to need it anyways, why not sell it to them in the first place. Third it helps YOU! Yes YOU! You become a better salesperson. So that day when you do run crying out the door, maybe HH Gregg will love your experience.  

So either your store sucks and is a bunch of whiny babies (which given your post hiding behind a Guest account seems to be the case) or.... well.... no that's probably it. They can't sell, or wont sell what makes them money. They're stuck doing things the old way because they cant stop crying about "big bad Fry's".  

And why shouldn't the company threaten to fire you if you're hitting draw? This is exactly one of the things they wanted to eliminate with the commission only program. They don't want you if you're the person happy taking home a $650 paycheck before taxes. Get out, go somewhere else, make room for the next guy who wants to make money and will work for it.  

And don't cry too hard about your duties. No store in the company uses commission only salesmen to close the department. You're not there till 11 anymore. If you are then your store probably needs to be brought up to home office. They've stated they don't want that happening. You have to put up some freight? Great, you know where it is on the shelf and you know its stocked correctly when you want to sell it. You were probably standing around talking anyways. You're asked to help TSR an aisle? Again, stop gabbing with John T. Salesperson and do it. Customers do appreciate clean and well maintained stores. And it's putting more product on the shelf for you to sell. You're asked to help with price changes before you leave at night at 9:15? Awesome, at least some new kid isn't doing it to a product you'll want to sell tomorrow resulting in something being misplud and yoru dsc adjusting it for the customer and you losing all your comission.  

You want to cry more about LPGs hurting you? You only have the shady salesmen in the past to thank for that one who made it a habbit to call customers when a TV went on sale to get them back in the store and sell them PSCs and accessories with their new found money at the expense of the company. That one isn't changing buddy, so you might as well stop beating that horse.  

Shut the fuck up and stop crying.
  8.  permalink
    man ull work for peanuts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010
    You talking about salesmen? Working for peanuts? Yeah, if you call $25/hr peanuts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsurgeo
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010
    I'm confused- I saw that my local fry's was hiring today and I was thinking about applying for a part time job, something simple working the registers, maybe DVD or video game section. I don't really want to work in the computer,stereo, or TV departments cause I don't feel like I know enough about these things to really recommend a product. Are you saying that nobody gets paid hourly? I'm not looking for a high paying side gig, minimum wage is fine with me. I only want to work 20-30 hours anyways. Any help would be appreciated
  9.  permalink
    Only the sales staff in AV/computers is commission-only; the accessory sales staff, who don't make commission anyways are paid purely on an hourly wage. If you're just looking to be a cashier, or something, then you will not be on full commission.
  10.  permalink
    Calculon's right, the only people bitching about full commission and how they're not making any money anymore are the lazy sales people who used to make tons of money for next to no work. Now you actually have to earn your paycheck, instead of just ringing up a customer for that sale TV with little profit and lightly offer them a PSC.

Even making $700 a week is pretty good money; especially since there's so many people who don't even have a job, or the other salesmen in other areas who don't even make that much money. If you don't like it, do everyone a favor and quit.
  11.  permalink
    Not everyone makes $700/week. The Sales associates at my store had their paychecks literally cut in half. There is almost no store traffic and way too many salesmen. It is ridiculous how so many high dollar items pay ZERO commission(i.e. $2000 TV and $800 computer paying $0). I don't know why they can't figure out a way to add some kind of commission on EVERY product. This shit should be against the law. There should be at least $5 commission on those items, hell $10 now that I think about it. It's not our fault Home Office discounts these items so low that we dont make money on it. They should just factor in a base commission as part of the items "cost" but that shit is too smart for those fucking idiots. They probably just want miserable, unmotivated sales associates.
  12.  permalink
    As I stated before Most of us who are complaining are top tier salesmen, I went from making an average of $700 to $900 a week in commission with hourly by selling all of the add ons, and psc, getting installs, cable,etc. so now i am being punished for my job by having my pay cut from me. How is that a great job, You assume that the people who are complaining are the clerks and not the salesmen, Most of us who have always been in the to 3 to 5 positions in sales have had our pay cut for doing the job we have done well, what it sounds like Calculon is that you are a supervisor and not a salesmen, or you havn't worked for fry;s that long and haven't been around long enough to see how this whole crap of loosing a good portion of our pay has hurt most of the best salesmen hour there. I also like to know how they can feel it is cool to pay us a lower percentage of commision on t.v. vrs dvd, vs cables. A t.v. will pay .028% Look at the Samsung un55c900 a t.v. with over 3K worth of margin in it and they only pay us $150. on it. but then you have a dvd that pays .07% so we make more on the dvd, then the cable can pay us up to 11% wow so I can make a $1.00 on a $10.00 cable. I understand most fo the money comes from the accessories ,but margin is still margin. It should be the same percentage across the board. not change per section. if the t.v. has between 10 to 15% then pay us 1% on the t.v. if it goes higher then pay us higher.
  13.  permalink
    IDK what you guys are talking about, but since cutting hourly, our salesmen have made 30% MORE than we were making. It has motivated us to sell more, not talk to each other, plus laptops pay more :)
  14.  permalink
    Wish we can say the same about t.v. almost all of the t.v.s have gone down in commission, and all of it went to car audio or home audio. Our store the t.v. salesmen were making an average of $700 to $1200 a week, now we are struggling to maintain $500-$700 a week. How is it in your store in computers? do they have you working on schematics, down-stocking, tsr. I know in our location they have all of the accessories sales do that work so the salesmen can focus on selling. But in AV they have us doing all of the work and having us sale also.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010
    Guest:  
    Even making $700 a week is pretty good money; especially since there's so many people who don't even have a job, or the other salesmen in other areas who don't even make that much money. If you don't like it, do everyone a favor and quit.

Nice cop-out....  

You are basically saying that people should be happy with paycuts just because there are people out there out of a job? Nice way to get complacent and let employers walk all over you.. "Oh it's ooookkkkkkk... there are plenty of other people out there looking for jobs.."Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010
    When the economy is bad people get laid off, not get pay cuts.  

Less people making the same amount of money is the correct way to do things. More people they put on the floor the less everyone made.  

You guys look like your are profit sharing with the company, yet the company makes up for loss profit by fucking its employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 8692
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    At first it seemed it was a paycut when the system rolled around but it got better ever since. Lazy people quit because all of them relied on the hourly crap while the top salesmen figured the system out and are actually making more. I think for one of the slowest stores in the company out in the east, one of the top sales associate averages $1500 a week in computers...so if associates out in the west are struggling to make $700????!! with the type of traffic that is out there, then there is something wrong...I do not work for the company because I moved on to better opportunities back then but I still keep in touch with a few my friends. They complained about it first, some were thinking about quiting and some did but they stuck through it and are glad that they didnt... I remember selling in grand opening stores like south houston, working tax free in GA and went up against so called top people in company and the top person in the company came 5th against us....
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010
    Well at least they cut out the crap of sending salespeople to "Customer Service Backup" for hours on end on the busy weekends. Part Timers were excluded becasue "They don't know how to do returns!" and the salesperson who just so happended to get pulled from the floor while with a customer was told to split the comission with a part timer.
  15.  permalink
    depending on your store and the "cheapness" of the customers that live near your area, salespeople are off worse than before. we primarily have people that come in for ad items only. no amount of upselling on a product or accessories, let alone a PSC, will convince them otherwise. These are people that are willing to drive from San Jose to Sacramento to get a doorbuster. And they will tell you that.

Taking away hourly has reduced my willingness to actually help the customer, as opposed to getting them out the door with something that pays me money. Salespeople in my store have taken to lying about PSCs, about products, and intentionally misleading them about store policies (ie. low price guarantee, price matching, etc) so that they won't lose their commission after the sale.
  16.  permalink
    Its tough to be a sales person anywhere now with online shopping so much easier.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    Guest: Its tough to be a sales person anywhere now with online shopping so much easier.

Personally, I am different.. When it comes to new gadgets, I have to see the item I am buying before I pay for it.. and I am not going to waste my time going to a store just to look at it to only go home and buy it online and wait for it to arrive at my house.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    someone:
    Guest: Its tough to be a sales person anywhere now with online shopping so much easier.

Personally, I am different.. When it comes to new gadgets, I have to see the item I am buying before I pay for it.. and I am not going to waste my time going to a store just to look at it to only go home and buy it online and wait for it to arrive at my house.

???? You don't even need to go to the store to look at them. Newegg and Amazon give tons of photos, detailed specs, and a long list of honest customer reviews. Most items are on your doorstep in 2 days. I'm a tech geek who used to LIVE in Frys. When I found out how much cheaper I could get stuff online...and how fast I could get them.....I started to save my gas money and shop at home. Frys used to get about 95% of all my electronics business....now I'd say it's down to 5-10%. It's not ALL about price tho.....this forum is littered with excuses why I shop there less. This week alone I saved $50 on a pc case (Obisdian) by getting it from Amazon rather than Frys. Frys:297.99+tax+gas Amazon:$273+no tax+free 2 day ship. Replacement warrantys are also about 1/3 price online!
  17.  permalink
    I worked at store #43, which is Fishers, IN. Ever since the employees went 100% commission, it hurt all of us. Our top sales associates Kevin Sullivan and Ralph Walls all took gigantic hits in their numbers. Kevin use to make 700-800$ regardless of the commission structure, now without hourly, he is busting his butt off even more, and is still bringing home around the same. The worst part of it all though, is that, Fry's is now FLOODING the sales floor. If you are a customer shopping at Fry's while in computers, notice how many Salesman there are on the sales floor. There are 10 sales people at minimum at most times, and the traffic flow in the Indiana is next to nothing. I can see why the company is doing this for their benefit, and I can see how higher volume stores can benefit from all hourly. But you can only do so much at slower traffic stores. People here in Indiana I would say took a 30-40% pay cut. Not because we can't sell, but you realize we sell to farmers? Not millions of people crammed into a city?

The issue for the employees is, now that the company has no overhead of paying employees hourly, they can hire as many sales people as they want, at other salesman risk, because, Fry's doesn't care how many sales people there are, they aren't getting paid unless they sell. Every time you add another sales person, that is taking money out of the other 15-20 Salesman pocket instantly. So not only did the Sales people in Indiana get screwed by no hourly, but now they hired 5-10 more sales people per department. So what went from being evenly balanced is 4-6 guys not being able to sale because of overstaffing, and not making any money at all. Is that the Associates fault? Not at all. It poor greedy judgment by upper management to " help serve every customer."

The issues about people saying that supervisors and managers are asking employees to do work is morally and ethically wrong. Matter of fact, they can't make you do it. You are a 100% COMMISSION NOW! Everything you do is based off a commission. Unless that supervisor/manager pays you a minimum rate and LEGALLY TAXED WORKED, then you are not responsible for that work. If the supervisor/manager continues to nag you to do work, you have a harassment case on your hands. Your job is to SALE, that is it!

However, I personally feel they went about this all wrong. There are stores that are suffering from this, and stores that are greatly benefiting from this move. However; I feel in the long run, this will hurt the company more than it will help it. For moral/ethic issues, and Gross Profit issues. Also, I have worked for Fry's Electronics, with this being an experienced response, the lack of experience from upper management will cause Fry's a Class Act Law Suit. It is only a matter of time, before the employees of Fry's have had enough and they band together to show how Fry's Electronics is not paying their associates adequately on Sale Items and making them do work when advertised pieces pay no commission and force the employee to do work with no commission base, and the hostile work environment the employees are put under.

Anybody have any questions? I'll be here all week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    I haven't looked at AV's numbers recently, but I can say that Computer's numbers still look the same as before the change in pay structure. Except now they don't make hourly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    skullywag:
    someone:

Personally, I am different.. When it comes to new gadgets, I have to see the item I am buying before I pay for it.. and I am not going to waste my time going to a store just to look at it to only go home and buy it online and wait for it to arrive at my house.

???? You don't even need to go to the store to look at them. Newegg and Amazon give tons of photos, detailed specs, and a long list of honest customer reviews. Most items are on your doorstep in 2 days. I'm a tech geek who used to LIVE in Frys. When I found out how much cheaper I could get stuff online...and how fast I could get them.....I started to save my gas money and shop at home. Frys used to get about 95% of all my electronics business....now I'd say it's down to 5-10%. It's not ALL about price tho.....this forum is littered with excuses why I shop there less. This week alone I saved $50 on a pc case (Obisdian) by getting it from Amazon rather than Frys. Frys:297.99+tax+gas Amazon:$273+no tax+free 2 day ship. Replacement warrantys are also about 1/3 price online!

I like to physically see them.. though if I really want to see a review of them, i will google the item when I'm at the store.. I'm more of an impulse buyer... If I knew *exactly* what I wanted, I may buy it online.. Saving the $20 isn't much if you amortize it over the life of the product, and plus going to Fry's and other stores gets me out of the house and something to do...Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    Sasquatch: I haven't looked at AV's numbers recently, but I can say that Computer's numbers still look the same as before the change in pay structure. Except now they don't make hourly.

I will not say which department I worked in, But I can tell you I WAS a commissioned Sales. I know just about everybody in the Fishes store. more then 70% of the staff took a gigantic hit in their weekly pay checks. Indiana has no where near the traffic flow of which the California stores have. The sad thing is, is that the Fishers store flooded the computer department on top of it. At any given time Monday-Friday, there are only 3-5 buyers per hour. There are ATLEAST 10 Sales man on the floor. It is EXTREMELY overstaffed. So not only did are the salesmen suffering from all commission, but they are fighting each other out there like wolves. Just not a friendly work environment at all. I know for a FACT their top salesmen in the department are looking for new jobs. As I stated previously, the company is going to continue to hire more and more and more salesmen as well. They don't care how many associates there are, they just want " every customers to be served." I can see their point of view, but it is at the cost of every single Sales Associate.  

On the other hand, what Fry's is doing is they could be getting ready to sell the company, and go public. Fry's was at a sudden hault over the gambling law suit, the divorces. Money is tight. They could be trying to make Gross Profits look really high, from the bottom up. This is what commissioned jobs do right before they try to sell the company. Fry's brothers are getting older, they don't want to deal with this crap much longer.  

If you think Fry's is getting bad, don't worry, it is going to get a whole lot worse, before it gets any better. You wait when John Gamit sees that his Performance Service Contracts are overpriced for what they cover, and they revert back to lower PSC, then they say what they said to the LPG, " If the store is making less, you will make less. " The way this company is being ran, you can only predict the worst.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    That all makes good sense. I believe they may be forced to go public, especially if there is a Cash Flow problem. This seems to be the case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010 edited
    FrenchyFry: That all makes good sense. I believe they may be forced to go public, especially if there is a Cash Flow problem. This seems to be the case.

correct
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    sbr:  
    I know this because I have a Associates Degree in Business, and a Bach. Degree in Human Resource. I can see through this very easily.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL......
  18.  permalink
    I can't wait for Fry's to go public so I can buy some stocks. Hopefully, the stocks will have dividens so I can get money every year and it will help me retire. Go Fry's! Give me an F! Give me an R!............
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    Guest: I can't wait for Fry's to go public

Doubtful that will ever happen. The Frys brothers, Kathy Kolder and others would be immediately voted out. Additionally, their actual financial condition would become public (and employees would really be ticked if they knew how much they were giving up to make Randy, Dave and Kathy fat and happy).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    ObiWan:
    Guest: I can't wait for Fry's to go public

Doubtful that will ever happen. The Frys brothers, Kathy Kolder and others would be immediately voted out. Additionally, their actual financial condition would become public (and employees would really be ticked if they knew how much they were giving up to make Randy, Dave and Kathy fat and happy).

Obiwan, all signs actually point that they are selling the company. If you look at any company that works in Sales, they are following all steps to selling and going public.  

Step #1 Cut Costs ( Make all sales straight commission )  
    Step #2 Higher More Salesman ( Show that every customer is getting served and is satisfied with the stores )  
    Step #3 Re-Insure ( Randy visited all the stores to make sure everything was to a T )  
    Step #4 Make sure PROFIT IS HIGH ( They want potential buyers to see huge gains in margin so they can regain their ground. )  

Randy is getting old. He is in his 50's? ( Really just a guess ) The dude has so much money, he doesn't know what to do with it. They have made their money off of Fry's. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if this company is public in the next 2 years. I COULD BE WRONG ( But, with everything Fry's is doing, this is what millions of other companies do before they sell off ) I still think Fry's will be public soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    50 is old? Ouch! Gee thanks.  

The thing is...when a private company is taken public, there's lots of due diligence that will be done. And, considering the fiasco called Circuit City, whatever investment banker is handling this will have to do lots of extra work. That means looking in every nook and cranny, overturning every rock, etc. I can tell that there are lots of dirty little secrets about Fry's that investors wouldn't find attractive.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    The four steps that SBR mentioned could also just be something that any good businessman would do to maximize profits. I'm not saying that they wouldn't go public, just that we can only speculate at this point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsbr
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010 edited
    nfl: The four steps that SBR mentioned could also just be something that any good businessman would do to maximize profits. I'm not saying that they wouldn't go public, just that we can only speculate at this point.

Took the words right out of my mouth. It screws everybody for the sole profit of the owner. But it is a smart move on the owners behalf. But I give it 2 years, and this company will be public.
  19.  permalink
    If the company ever goes public then I would buy as much Fry's stocks as I can. If it pays dividens too then it will be awesome to be part owner of Fry's Electronics!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMysBitch
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    Guest: If the company ever goes public then I would buy as much Fry's stocks as I can. If it pays dividens too then it will be awesome to be part owner of Fry's Electronics!

The company will NEVER go public cause Randy Fry would then lose control of the company...
    •  
      CommentAuthorpliesuck
    MysBitch:
    Guest: If the company ever goes public then I would buy as much Fry's stocks as I can. If it pays dividens too then it will be awesome to be part owner of Fry's Electronics!

The company will NEVER go public cause Randy Fry would then lose control of the company...

i think per discussion above, they are saying Randy Fry wouldnt want to manage the company anymore. Honestly if i was him, i would let it go public and keep majority of the shares
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7428
    Nobody is making more money now that there is no hourly pay, that is unless they just got promoted from accessory sales in commissioned sales. The removal of hourly pay has LOWERED labor costs, that was the whole point of instating it. It wasn't to increase motivation to sell, nobody wants to make $7.55 hourly when others are knocking out $20-30. Fry's got hit by the recession like everybody else, and the first group they go after is the sales force. If you would've have worked at Fry's long enough ago you would realize that there have been many changes to the commission structure. Also, why does everybody always claim all the sales people are making "1000-1400"? Even during the best of times, only the two top sales people in A/V and Computers even came close to that, and sometimes the #1 in components. The highest paid Fry's person on record was from the Plano TX store. ~2100 a week on average for year 2007 not including Mitsubishi Bucks. Guess what, the next two highest people from that district were averaged @ $1400, and below that it dropped off all the way to $950. The average Fry's full time sales person makes about $440 a week, that was in and prior to 2008. That same person with the same performance makes $302 in 2010. Any moron who claims that getting paid less leads to more money needs to look closely at what they're saying. So if you're salaried making 120k a year, you'd work harder if somebody knocked that down to 85k? Yeah right. The person who called calling a customer back for a LPG shady is a complete idiot. So you're saying it's not the right thing to do, to call somebody back if the sales price on their TV/Computer dropped significantly in the next 30 days after they bought? So if you went out and spent 2k on a TV, and it dropped $200 bucks the very next day, you wouldn't want to be called?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpliesuck
    Guest: The person who called calling a customer back for a LPG shady is a complete idiot. So you're saying it's not the right thing to do, to call somebody back if the sales price on their TV/Computer dropped significantly in the next 30 days after they bought? So if you went out and spent 2k on a TV, and it dropped $200 bucks the very next day, you wouldn't want to be called?

yeah i used to call customers back if the item they bought is cheaper, it saves them money, makes them happy so why not. but not anymore... why would i make the customer happy and make me suffer and waste the time i spent?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    pliesuck:
    Guest: The person who called calling a customer back for a LPG shady is a complete idiot. So you're saying it's not the right thing to do, to call somebody back if the sales price on their TV/Computer dropped significantly in the next 30 days after they bought? So if you went out and spent 2k on a TV, and it dropped $200 bucks the very next day, you wouldn't want to be called?

yeah i used to call customers back if the item they bought is cheaper, it saves them money, makes them happy so why not. but not anymore... why would i make the customer happy and make me suffer and waste the time i spent?

This is exactly why LPGs now affect your commission.