Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLegend11
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    For the AV department: Have you guys recieved any iPhone 4 cases or do you have an estimated shipment date for them?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Anyone from Sunnyvale?
    Anyone from store 33 Plano?
    I got fired from Fry's more than 2 years ago; Any chance on getting rehired?
    Anyone from store 7?
    Anyone from store 26 on here?
  2.  permalink
    why would the av department have iphone cases?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLegend11
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    ...because they have always had iPhone cases in the store I use to work in.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010

Look at the class code and see what catagory they are under. That might tell you the intent. Assuming they weren't mis-plued, and actually belong in d5, the only reason I could think of would be that they were grouped with portable media cases. If you aren't able to because you don't work there, then just chalk it up to Fry's being Fry's.
  3.  permalink
    why would you ask about the AV dept first and not AT?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLegend11
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010
    My god, who cares what department they're in. All I want to know is if Fry's has started carrying accessories for the iPhone 4, such as screen protectors and cases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010
    Why not use online stores or the Apple Store, where you can get the accessories at the same price, or cheaper, and deal with nicer, more knowledgeable people?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLegend11
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    Because I can get Associate Purchase discounts from the friends I made during my time at Fry's. The discounts on accessories such as cases and screen protectors are usually in the 40%-60% off of the retail price.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAiluridae
    Legend11: Because I can get Associate Purchase discounts from the friends I made during my time at Fry's. The discounts on accessories such as cases and screen protectors are usually in the 40%-60% off of the retail price.

So ... ask these friends of yours if the items you want are in the store?
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    This has bugged me so much, I am going to Fry's tomorrow to figure it out. I'll let everyone know what I find out (and no, I'm not going to just ask the first (possibly incompetent) associate that I find).
  4.  permalink
    They're here but we're sittin' on 'em just to piss you off.
  5.  permalink
    agree with Ailuridae, its funny how u would post on here to ask but you cant just ask your friend over the phone or call the store and ask...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLegend11
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    It's not that easy when your "friend" doesn't get back at you.  

I think I'll just head out to Fry's and see sometime this week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFashmean
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited
    I have the same question as i once got discount cases for my iphone 3G. But now i have not any clue about its iphone 4 cases. Then my brother recommend soft iphone 4 cases from sourcingmap because he ordered two silicone covers and they works well. I don't know if it is worthwhile to wait another week for iphone 4 cases from AV department. :face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    If you're that desperate for iPhone 4 case recommendations, check out iLounge (www.ilounge.com). Better yet...go to the Apple Store or Best Buy as they have a good selection, and are a lot more helpful than Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    better yet avoid the iPhone and any Apple products. All their products are defective by design.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010
    asdf: better yet avoid the iPhone and any Apple products. All their products are defective by design.

So...what's defective by design about Apple products
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010 edited
    You American consumerists are so brainwashed.  

iPhone4 vs HTC Evo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg  

Steve Jobs: Let's not forget to ship out broken product once again... http://frysforum.com/discussion/1905/?Focus=30575#Item_2
    •  
      CommentAuthorFashmean
    ObiWan: If you're that desperate for iPhone 4 case recommendations, check out iLounge (www.ilounge.com). Better yet...go to the Apple Store or Best Buy as they have a good selection, and are a lot more helpful than Fry's.

Thanks, obiwan.:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    "You American consumerists"...uh huh..  

Interesting, my MacBook Pro seems to be working just fine as I type this. Add into the list of working Apple products - my wife's iPhone 3GS, my iPod Touch, and a couple of other iPod Classics we have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I thought you were a Microsoftie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    I switched to a MBP when Photoshop CS5 was released. Between the higher screen quality of the MBP, along with certain plug-ins and other programs that I wanted to be able to utilize and are only Mac-speciic, it was time to make the switch.
  6.  permalink
    now be honest.. how many of those ipod classics still work? why do you have multiple ipod classics?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Both actually are still working and in use. Why multiples? We have different tastes in music, and got the iPod Classics before the iPod Touch was even announced. Both are still in use - one is upstairs on an iHome radio, and the other is in our bedroom on another iHome radio. My wife switched to an iPhone when her account with Verizon came up (and her phone crapped out at the same time).
  7.  permalink
    Yes this website reviews the top 3 iPhone 4 cases and covers:  

http://news.suite101.com/article.cfm/top-three-iphone-4-cases-and-covers-a251876  

Apparently it lists them from Scosche, Gumdrop and Proporta.  

what do you guys think?:face-smile:
  8.  permalink
    Unlocked Latest Apple Iphone 4HD 4G 16GB / 32GB  

Brand New Latest Apple Iphone 4g Fully Unlocked, The iPhone can be used with any GSM Provider, you just need to insert your Sim Card. Works on any GSM network Worldwide.  

NOTE: These phones is 100% UNLOCKED and can be used with any SIM card. No activation required (check carrier frequency requirements) Insert Your SIM CARD and start using the phone.  

Phone comes in ORIGINAL retail box with all the Original Accessories.  

IN GLOSSY BLACK COLOUR AND PEARL WHITE AVAILABLE NOW ! IN STOCK ! FREE COVER !  

Apple Iphone 4HD 4G 16GB ==== 450$USD  
    Apple Iphone 4HD 4G 32GB ==== 550$USD  
    Apple Iphone 3GS 32GB === 300$USD  
    Apple Ipad 3G WIFI 64GB == 400$USD  

If Interested Please Contact:  
    Email:unadshopes02@yahoo.com

New 4G.jpeg
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010
    Makes you wish there was a report button.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010
    I wish there was a delete button.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnpbrown
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    hi...  
    I want to say only one thing is that Keep your iPhone 4 safe & secure with all new iPhone 4 cases. Thank you.  
    Thank you..:face-angel::face-angel:
  9.  permalink
    wtf
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnpbrown
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010
    Does your iPhone 4 look dull and boring?  
    It certainly needs a makeover!If you want to give color and style to your iPhone 4, then you've come to the right case. :face-angel::face-angel: