Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryung34
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    Today, my dm in a/v (#34) pulls me and a couple of associates aside for a brief discussion. Apparently, frys is going to hired more sales associates for a/v & computers and stop hiring accessory guys. He also says that we're going to be the ones that doing the schematics, go-backs, backstock, tsr and all this other bullshit work that pays us absolute zero dollars. Now at first, we did that shit for a couple of reasons: either because it was hella slow with virtually no customers and needed something to make the day go by faster or so our supervisors & dm would stop bitching and shut the hell up. But now, we're actually REQUIRED to do this free labor bullshit. Sales are already terrible as numbers are down, monster attach is down(primarly because we as a department don't give 2 shits about monster products) and customer count is down. Now, home office wants to overflow the department with more salesmen and force us to do free labor? Nah, fuck that bullshit!! I think frys just motivated me even harder to find another job.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Has Anyone Received Their Deferred Compensation This Year Yet?
    so who has heard of this gay ass website!
    anyone seen this video?
    Anyone Else Experiences Failed Transactions?
    IRS investigating Frys: Does anyone else think that Fry's is a front for something else?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I've been told this as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 63
    That's the same shit I heard at my meeting after V-Con today. I'm either switching to the service dept. or finding another job.
  2.  permalink
    Figures. I was wondering what was going on.
  3.  permalink
    FOR AV? damn we have more than enough people. Fuck. 1 Year ago exactly, things were much better. Does any of this hiring of many people make sense to anyone but frys corporate?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    That sucks. Sorry to hear this.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    same here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Flood! Flood!!Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 63
    Does anyone know if in fact it actually is or isn't legal to make people who work off 100% commission do shit that doesn't pay? I.e. tsr, schematics, etc...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnon21871
    They're going to be doing this in the computer department too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2010 edited
    Guest: Does anyone know if in fact it actually is or isn't legal to make people who work off 100% commission do shit that doesn't pay? I.e. tsr, schematics, etc...

I'm sure it is legal as long as they still pay you minimum wage if you don't make enough commission to equal minimum wage per hour over your entire work week.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 63
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2010
    the way i understand it, the way the "draw" system works is you get paid for minimum if you don't make enough commission to meet it and then the next week, they take it out and you have to make up the difference that you "drawed" or "drew" (idk the correct terms) from the previous week. correct me if i'm wrong. if that is the way it works, is that legal? it seems like it's just a loophole they're using to make us have to continue doing labor that doesn't pay us salesmen.
  4.  permalink
    Fry's is a lot of things, but not stupid. You can be sure that the pay system has been thoroughly checked out by their attorneys and complies with the state law wherever they operate. That's their business. They sure aren't going to leave a loophole in it so that some pissed off salesperson somewhere will be able to bring them to their knees with a lawsuit. Dream on mate. It ain't gonna happen. You may not understand how the system complies with the law, but they do. They are the ones that make the rules.
  5.  permalink
    Yeah all the sups are saying its gonna get ugly
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2010
    This would not have been a problem if salesmen could sell!  

but now they have to reduce labor cost because everyone is not pulling their weight.
  6.  permalink
    Call Gloria Allred.
  7.  permalink
    You should all move forward into better careers. Then, every time you have success in your career, you can send a postcard to your former manager outlining your success and expressing the fact that you are not a failure like them!

It feels good to rub it in now and then!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiaka
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited
    I work in store 19 and I'm in Audio/Video Accessory Sales right now (until I go into work today! I think they've shoved me into Sales already!) They were telling us that they were moving ALL Accessory Sales people into Sales and we'll be making strict commission and they're only keeping a very small amount of Accessory Sales.. maybe about 2 people per department (?). There are already way too many Sales associates in every single department.. we're pretty much going to be going to war against our co-workers just to make SOME kind of money. It's lame that we have 'no choice' since they're pretty much TELLING us "Hey, you're moving into Sales next week!" It's not that I'm a bad Sales person, I just don't want to have to deal with the drama that Sales talks to me about when there AREN'T very many customers in the department as of late, which is weird, dont you think? I believe that Fry's is doing this so that they can get rid of employees because they're losing money by paying cashiers, accessory sales, and whoever else gets paid by the hour because they're not making what they usually have been.. plus the Salesmen don't bother helping people who are interested in purchasing something that isn't paying much commission wise.. the customers are getting fed up and are literally bringing their service elsewhere. They have a feeling that we won't do too hot in Sales thus: Not a lot of commission, not reaching PCS goals, not hitting Monster attachment percents which will eventually lead to Suspension then getting canned.  

I also don't understand why our store (not sure if it's happening with the other stores) is so uptight about attaching Monster products. Our store manager wants us to hit 50% in Monster attachments and no one even wants that expensive crap! Fry's is all kinds of messed up. :| This is probably posted in another thread/topic somewhere, but it goes with what I had to say previously. They're just looking for reasons to get rid of employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    Reality check. Fry's is looking for ways to reduce their payroll expenses so that they can keep more profit to themselves. That's it. They've concocted a way to cut the average Fry's employee pay in half, while they still work the same, or more hours. And...add into the mix that if you don't perform to their standards (whatever those standards are for that particular day), they'll either suspend you or let you go.
  8.  permalink
    I was looking for Fry's ad online and I find this site. I might have to reconsider shopping there if I'm going to have half dozen salesman swarm over me the moment I enter the store. Is Fry's doing this to squeeze more profits out of the employees or is this an act of desperation because I smell blood? Maybe they're in a lot of money trouble which I think is more likely. The store I shop hasn't changed in years and they use these 80s computers and DOS to run their business. The way the store is run seem archaic and there are way too many white shirts around which makes me think that the business is run inefficiently. If the employees are trained in technology shouldn't some of that be applied in way they do work?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    Guest: If the employees are trained in technology...

They're not trained...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    i would gladly upgrade software database system for $250,000. PM me randy fry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpliesuck
    Fry's as a corporate may have done all they can to prevent legal issues. however, your local SM DM and sups are not as smart. Whenever they tell you to do things on your own time without pay (Intel, Apple Training, CyberScholar), that is in fact violating the policy because you have to do those ON YOUR OWN TIME. I am sick of Fry's after being with them for ages, do something good for yourself, call home office, make a stand, do something and not just bend over and take it everytime they order you to be a slave. Dont get me wrong, it is not really your local sups and managers fault, the pressure came from the big men.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMysBitch
    This is what I herd last week. Both A/V and Computers Associates Sales people will have a choice of going into Sales or Merchandising. The merchandisers will be doing the stocking, schematics and tsr-ing, so they will still make an hourly wage. There was a person from merchandising go over to Software asking to transfer because of it.  

Also that fry's is getting rid of the plu system (except Software which I understand why - new Release DVD's)
  9.  permalink
    If you push for it you can get to do your training at the store and get paid minimum commission for it. a few of our guys did it that way
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    pliesuck: Fry's as a corporate may have done all they can to prevent legal issues. however, your local SM DM and sups are not as smart. Whenever they tell you to do things on your own time without pay (Intel, Apple Training, CyberScholar), that is in fact violating the policy because you have to do those ON YOUR OWN TIME. I am sick of Fry's after being with them for ages, do something good for yourself, call home office, make a stand, do something and not just bend over and take it everytime they order you to be a slave. Dont get me wrong, it is not really your local sups and managers fault, the pressure came from the big men.

Personally, I used to love the Intel program.. until Fry's changed it over to their own training... but I left Fry's right around there.. but I was able to put together the pc i'm on now for less.. :) unless they changed it back.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpliesuck
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010
    they did change the intel thing back