Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelmoman13
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010
    Hello Fry guys and gals I want to know if any Fry's employee out there knows about the hiring practices of Fry's i.e. do they hire ex-felons. If so or not please post your comments. Maybe you know someone or you yourself are one. Thanx and Good Day!!!:face-smile:
  1.  permalink
    They have been known to. A former DM at the store I used to work at was on the sex offender registry for California. If they would let him be a DM, they will hire just about anyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2010
    they dont hire anyone under 18 but that DM would lol
  2.  permalink
    At the store I work in, they told me that if the applicants check off "yes" for #19, it's a no hire; It was mentioned that Kathy Kolder is strongly against ex-felons and denies almost every single of the applications with "yes" checked off for #19.

There maybe very rare circumstances where an associate may get hired with "yes" check off for #19 but more than likely it may have not been a severe incident. FYI, it's not very hard to get on that sex-offender list for CA... California has the most strict laws of all. Even in a Code Adam, if you touch the kid's hand to direct them back to the parents, you are more than likely to get sued, fired from the company (even if you weren't found guilty), and welcome yourself to that list as well as Megan's Law.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    I knew a guy that worked at Fry's, and he had a state jail felony (Texas). It's the same thing as a regular felony except you do probation instead of jail time. It all depends on the SM, and whether he/she likes you. If anything, they wouldn't put you into a position where you would be directly handling money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Some of the stores in SoCal (Woodland Hills, Burbank, Manhattan Beach) employed a number of gang-bangers. I noted the same when I visited the Houston (NW and SW) stores when I first moved here.
  3.  permalink
    What is a Code Adam? Thanks.
  4.  permalink
    Code Adam is when a child is reported missing in a store. Most major retailers go through training on how to handle a code adam call on the intercom. Too bad the fry's i worked at half the time the intercom didn't work...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010
    Guest: Code Adam is when a child is reported missing in a store. Most major retailers go through training on how to handle a code adam call on the intercom. Too bad the fry's i worked at half the time the intercom didn't work...

Before walking into any store look for the Code Adam sticker on the door, if you have kids of course.  
  5.  permalink
    I googled Code Adam. Interesting stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Code Adam comes from Adam Walsh the son of John Walsh of Americas Most Wanted.  

When a Code Adam is announced here's what happens.  

1. If a visitor reports a child is missing, a detailed description of the child and what he or she is wearing is obtained. Additionally, all exterior access to the building is locked and monitored; anyone approaching a door is turned away.  
    2. The employee goes to the nearest in-house telephone and pages Code Adam, describing the child’s physical features and clothing. As designated employees monitor front entrances, other employees begin looking for the child.  
    3. If the child is not found within 10 minutes, law enforcement is called.  
    4. If the child is found and appears to have been lost and unharmed, the child is reunited with the searching family member.  
    5. If the child is found accompanied by someone other than a parent or legal guardian, reasonable efforts to delay their departure will be used without putting the child, staff, or visitors at risk. Law enforcement will be notified and given details about the person accompanying the child.  
    6. The Code Adam page will be canceled after the child is found or law enforcement arrives.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    Not to be confused with a "Code Brown" (which usually happens after a cusomer acks the price of a Monster cable).:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    Randy Fry shit his pants when he saw me taking a shit in store 15
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010 edited
    asdf: Code Adam comes from Adam Walsh the son of John Walsh of Americas Most Wanted.  

When a Code Adam is announced here's what happens.  

1. If a visitor reports a child is missing, a detailed description of the child and what he or she is wearing is obtained. Additionally, all exterior access to the building is locked and monitored; anyone approaching a door is turned away.  
    2. The employee goes to the nearest in-house telephone and pages Code Adam, describing the child’s physical features and clothing. As designated employees monitor front entrances, other employees begin looking for the child.  
    3. If the child is not found within 10 minutes, law enforcement is called.  
    4. If the child is found and appears to have been lost and unharmed, the child is reunited with the searching family member.  
    5. If the child is found accompanied by someone other than a parent or legal guardian, reasonable efforts to delay their departure will be used without putting the child, staff, or visitors at risk. Law enforcement will be notified and given details about the person accompanying the child.  
    6. The Code Adam page will be canceled after the child is found or law enforcement arrives.

You know, something just occurred to me. Why are all the child protection laws named after white kids? Amber Alert? Code Adam? Megan's Law? What about Sharonda Alert? Code Jerome? Jose's Law? You know, I usually laugh at the people who constantly complain that the media only cares about missing white kids... but now that I think about it, like, all the laws that get named after missing kids, are always the names of white kids. lol
  6.  permalink
    if it was minority kids, they would run out of laws. only 2-3 white kids go missing every few years, so it is ok.
  7.  permalink
    Quote: You know, something just occurred to me. Why are all the child protection laws named after white kids? Amber Alert? Code Adam? Megan's Law? What about Sharonda Alert? Code Jerome? Jose's Law? You know, I usually laugh at the people who constantly complain that the media only cares about missing white kids... but now that I think about it, like, all the laws that get named after missing kids, are always the names of white kids. lol

The reason these laws ever come into existance in the first place is because family members lobby legislators for years trying to get these bills passed. When passed as a law, it is usually named after the child whose parents initiated it. It's common knowledge that only white parents care enough about kids to go through years of lobbying and red tape.

Frys has tried very hard to balance the scales and make sure enough minorities get codes named after them also (at least in their stores). In an effort to make sure not only white people get codes named after them, loss prevention has issued the following store use codes:

Code Shaniqua: Assoiciate being verbally assaulted while hands are waved in face.

Code Sancho: Sneaking out the store without proper paperwork. (usually a Walmart receipt with a pink marker drawn through it is flashed quickly while running out the front door).

Code Burka: Employee not to be confronted. Future management.

Code T-Dawg G-Money: Any customer to be followed around the store.

Code Pablo: Non english speaking customer. Associates should initiate operation "extended warranty", and push Emporex merchandise as "mas bueno".
    •  
      CommentAuthoralmond940
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010
    At our store, a "Cesar Alert" means we need a Spanish speaking associate to come over to service to explain why the extended warranty doesn't cover virus infections or accidental horchata spillage on the keys.
  8.  permalink
    incredibly racist, partially true, but wholly funny.