Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010 edited
    I was just having this conversation with a co-worker today. How frugally do most of you live? Are you living with the folks? Or are you sharing an apartment with 3 other friends? Or are you in a nice house in the hills? We were talking about the fact that the pay at fry's has drastically taken a dive as of late and I was wondering if any of the associates out there were feeling the pinch.  

As for myself, I bring my own lunch to work since Fry's doesn't give AP on food and I don't want to waste gas driving somewhere. I shop at Costco for anything non-perishable and the regular store for anything I need to keep fresh. I'm living in a condo right now with 3 of my friends (I do like where I live: pool, spa, gym, and I'm 1/2 mile away from work, etc) and pull down $1,800.00 a month after taxes. I'm definitely not rolling in the money at this job, but I'm making enough that I can put a little away in savings each month. However it occurred to me that some of you have house payments, kids, car payments, etc and I realized that working at Fry's might be a much bigger burden for other associates.  

Mind if I ask, how are the rest of you guys doing? How have you been coping with the drops in pay lately? How frugally do most of you live? And do you have roomies, live with the fam, or do you have your own pad?  

Just wondering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010
    everyone is struggling, whether your well off or not, most people live from paycheck to paycheck.
  1.  permalink
    I definitely can't afford to go out to the movies anymore. I try to pack a lunch if I have left overs. Most of my money goes towards gas and other household bills. I think it's time to start looking at one of those pyramid schemes like Monavi, World Financial Group, or Amway!
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2010 edited
    I save money by going to lunch at times others do not....and eat THEIR sack lunches. I use only 3 sheets of T.P. per movement, and reuse those 3 sheets twice before flushing....savin big bucks there. My neighbor works nights, so I syphon gas out of his car while he sleeps ( fun to listen to him complain about his gas milage!). And I found a neat webpage that has recipes for cat.....we call it "bush meat" in our household (like yer not already payin for it at chinese resteraunts!). The wife pitches in also, turning tricks on thursdays and fridays.(Behind every good woman is her man, keepin his pimp-hand strong). A "T-Connector" strategically spliced into the neighbors cable line is sweet, I run the spliced wire down the side of his house and buried it just a few inches underground, and up to my house.... and viola!..free cable! (He's too stupid to even notice the extra wire leading down).  

For those interested in the cat recipes: http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/cats.html  

Frugal is as Frugal does!
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2010
    Haha. That poor dog at the bottom of the page... Its so funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2010
    i like the free cable idea. but cooking cats at home is way too much work. I prefer the dollar menu or tacobell.
  2.  permalink
    I live paycheck to paycheck. The majority of my money goes to living at the beach. I am basically too lazy to go find another job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010
    skullywag: I use only 3 sheets of T.P. per movement, and reuse those 3 sheets twice before flushing....savin big bucks there.

Its all about zero-ply or 1-ply
  3.  permalink
    No fuck toilet paper period, grow some finger nails, and get a wash cloth. ; )
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010
    yeah. thats what everyones talking about: zero-ply
  4.  permalink
    Its all about finger nails actually.....
  5.  permalink
    Nice house in the hills!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    Living at home (hoping to move out with two friends), currently still paying off the debt from being unemployed for over a year. Currently working part time, taking lunch to work, paycheck to paycheck for sure...I'll be out of the hole soon, I think.
  6.  permalink
    Fry's doesn't pay the most money, but its certainly not the worst either. Some Managers and supervisors make plenty of money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011
    I hear the Federal minimum wage is going up to $9.50 per hour.  

San Francisco starting Jan 1, 2011 minimum wage is $9.92 per hour.  

The rest of California to follow?
  7.  permalink
    San Fran is super expensive too
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011
    Guest: San Fran is super expensive too

And super strict too! I hear they passed a law there banning mini skirts.........  
    Too many balls showing. :face-devil-grin:
  8.  permalink
    :-)
  9.  permalink