Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2010
    Does anyone work in any Los Angeles store?  
    I just moved here from Arizona. I guess I'll start checking this forum again!Superhero!
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Lost Credit Card
    How to make the dumbass customer not lose your quote
    Store 44 is being closed down completely??!
    Fry's lost my paycheck
    Store closing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010
    welcome back. we've missed you.  

why did you leave Arizona?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    What made you want to move to L.A.?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Because Arizona is hot and now I live at the beach. And because Arizona lost it's charm and I realized I speak 26 languages in a state that speaks 2 at any time. And I saw the Mitsuwa Market. Ohhh sweet love Cali. I looooove you Cali!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Depending upon which beach area, it can be nice. PCH north of Santa Monica is nice. Santa Monica and Venice Beach have been overrun by gangs, which really spoiled the area.  

The beaches are about the only thing I miss (Galveston as a town is nice, but the beach blows).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2010
    Galveston is horrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010
    AyaHu: Because Arizona is hot and now I live at the beach. And because Arizona lost it's charm and I realized I speak 26 languages in a state that speaks 2 at any time. And I saw the Mitsuwa Market. Ohhh sweet love Cali. I looooove you Cali!

There is a Mitsuwa market here in San Diego. They run Ubuntu Linux on their check out cashier machines.
  2.  permalink
    Welcome back. The Mitsuwa Market in Torrance is great (not that far away from Manhattan Beach Fry's). The other one in
    Costa Mesa (not too far from Fry's Fountain Valley) is not bad either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2010
    Somehow, I don't think she moved to SoCal for the plethora of Fry's that are a blight on the landscape.
  3.  permalink
    Yo, I just got my CompTIA A+ 701 certification. Next week i'm gonna get my 702 hopefully. After that I plan on applying for the PC service department, I'm in the L.A. area. Like 40 minutes away from Anaheim, 20 from City of Industry, 20-30 from Manhattan and like 20-30 from fontain valley Fry's locations. Whats up with a hook uuppp!!!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010
    Working for Fry's = dead end
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010
    Frys will pay you crap for your certs, $10 to $15 per hour. Get a real job with your certs and get $20, $25, $30 per hour.
  4.  permalink
    Where do they pay that kind of money at?
  5.  permalink
    A+ is the high school diploma of tech certs. Bare minimum just to apply at most places unless you have a connection somewhere.
  6.  permalink
    That is exactly why I had my eyes set at Frys, it's just "out there" for me to take advantage of my Cert. Where else could I go? BestBuy GeekSquad? ROFL.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    Stop thinking you have to work in a retail store. Think about working in an office environment.
  7.  permalink
    Welp I just came back from failing my A+ Practical exam. I scored a 685 out of 900 with 700 to pass. If I had gotten 2 more questions correct I would have passed. FML. Now I am gonna study hard so i'm absolutely sure of my answers next time I take the exam.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
    Hah.  
    Hah.  

Anyways the proximity to Frys wasnt such a draw for me, but the manhattan beach frys SUCKS it's like two feet wide. It's so small I could wear it as a shoe. I hear City of Industry is off the hook though.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
    Oh city of industry is the best.