Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorxyvermax
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    Hi asdf! I have a question. My problem is when how can I detect when a user close the browser like firefox . what I want was when a user close the browser the user should logout without hitting the log out link.:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    Because the user stopped visiting the site, the session will expire in exactly 24 minutes, he will be automatically logged off.  

This is the default php session lifetime. You can lower the expire time to 30 seconds then have the page ping the server every few seconds as to keep it alive.  

There is a function onunload where you can logout when a user leaves a page. and you can use onload to log the user back in. So between visiting pages they will be logged out and then logged in automatically and have it be unnoticeable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxyvermax
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010
    what I want when the user suddenly close the browser and forgot to click the logout button the user should logout automatically
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Tools--- privacy --- use custom settings --- accept cookies until browser close also can select clear history when browser closeSuperhero!
  1.  permalink
    Why is ASDF the only one here who can type in correct English.  

xyvermax: what I want when the user suddenly close the browser and forgot to click the logout button the user should logout automatically

Its: "what i want when the user suddenly CLOSE(S)<<<---see the "S" there??  

You get out, if you no speak good English!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010 edited
    just use the javascript "onunload()" function. When the user leaves the page make a request to logout.php. It also works when the user closes the browser window.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxyvermax
    I'm sorry CrazyFox213 if I don't speak good english because it's not my native language but it's ok at least I'm trying. What if I ask you to speak with my language do you think you could do that?you're crazy CrazyFox213. This forum is for informational purposes not for teaching good english grammar did you get it?:face-smile:
Add your comments