Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2007 edited
    Anyone that lives in the LA area let us know what's going on?Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2007
    No work for me. Got 3 calls from my Sups saying they were closing, which was before I started today. So yay.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Can someone elaborate on what is happening?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    any stores closing in the LA area?
  1.  permalink
    Sassy - check CNN.com it shows all the wildfires. Punkzilla give us updates if you can pleaseWe are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2007
    Interesting.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2007 edited
    Well the sky is an orange color at this time, light rain of ash, smell of smoke & dry.  
    Not sure if the San Marcos store is still closed or not, by the looks of the maps of the fires, it is.  

One of the many maps of the fires.  
    http://tinyurl.com/32z8hy  

The effects at my house. Nothing major.  
    http://picasaweb.google.com/punkzilla/CaliforniaVistaFires2007I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2007
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2007
    Even higher def image.  
    10/24/07 - http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/?2007297-1024/California.A2007297.2045.250m.jpgI shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2007
    when you're looking at it from that image it doesn't seem so bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Hope everyone is surviving over there.Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    They never closed the San Diego Store. The fires didn't get anywhere near it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    SDCherryPicker:They never closed the San Diego Store. The fires didn't get anywhere near it.

My friend, if there is a mandatory evacuation, and they have no workers, it is possible to close even if a fire is no where near it. However, I did find it incredibly odd that a place like Fry's would close for the fires, seems impossible... Kind of like saying Wal Mart wont build on Mayan ruins because they have historical value.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Lol.
  3.  permalink
    well walmart did build next to inca ruins ... there is one next to the ruins at the moon palace resort south of cancun.  
    a place i avoid on my trips to the areaWe are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2007
    looks like the inferno is over. thank God. :)the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    man:when you're looking at it from that image it doesn't seem so bad.

and when you're look at it from the Moon, it prolly looks beautifulthe wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    HuskerMychal:well walmart did build next to inca ruins ... there is one next to the ruins at the moon palace resort south of cancun.  
    a place i avoid on my trips to the area

Inca, Mayan, couldn't remember, it was that very site I was referring too. When I worked for a resort in Mexico, we had a 5 star resort in Cabo San Lucas, surrounded by incredibly high class other 5 star 5 diamond resorts, and I would go back and forth. Eventually Wal Mart decided to build one right in front of our view of the ocean. Luckily, I do not work there any longer. But really, Wal Mart is relentless, there's even one in Benson, AZ. Who has even heard of Benson, AZ??? (Only me)Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    i always go to cancun ... once evety two months .. never been to cabo tho ... can you recommend a cpl good resorts there?We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2007
    It looks like the san diego fires are calming down. Not till next monday will they have full control. Are fire victims running to the nearest San Diego Frys to replace their lost electronics?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2007
    HuskerMychal:i always go to cancun ... once evety two months .. never been to cabo tho ... can you recommend a cpl good resorts there?

No resort is worth the money they charge you there, but you can usually get free or insanely discounted stays if you'll sit through a timeshare presentation, which isnt hard. Only 90 minutes of hearing something talking. Tons of resorts will give you free cruises snorkeling etc just sit with them for 90 minutes.Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    do you do that ayahui love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008
    No I used to work in the timeshare industry. I dont have a passport. Back when I worked we didnt need one to go back and forth.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthordash
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    I bet now everyone thinks San marcos and San diego stores are closing because you dugg this thread from the grave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNE_Frys
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    Would it be wrong to pillage another Fry's if they had to evac because of fires? Who wants to run shotgun in my truck?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    Dibs.