Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2010 edited
    News today (11/8/2010)  

According to the government (NLRB) it's ok to talk trash about your boss on Facebook and other sites.  

The National Relations Labor Board (NLRB) has extended workers rights to social networking sites and anything you say online about your boss is protected .  

http://www.startribune.com/business/106932843.html
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Do people in your store know about this website?
    Question about online preorders
    Why I talk about certain people on this site...
    Jared Drunk & High At Work - No One Says Or Does Anything About It
    talking about me while hitting the big red ego button
  2.  permalink
    Don't let this fool you 100%. it's good info but be careful as to what your company considers to be confidential information... They could still fire you for that. And of course we should all know the good ole "let's fire them for something else" method. There's like a billion easy ways to get fired from Frys.
  3.  permalink
    well, since we are in topic, Gloria from store 27 is the biggest b i t c h ever. everytime she comes to our department, she complains and she talks down to us, just because she is assitant manager. everyone is basically scared of her because of it. there is a fine line between running a company by performance and loyalty other than scare tactics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorShigman
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    Same thing for Sam Mikelic or whatever the fuck his last name is. He's a 2 faced bastard who needs to be fired.
  4.  permalink
    THIS KIND OF NEWS SADDENS ME
  5.  permalink
    Even sam mike-lick doesnt knwo how to spell his last name.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    Shigman: Same thing for Sam Mikelic or whatever the fuck his last name is. He's a 2 faced bastard who needs to be fired.

Guest: Even sam mike-lick doesnt knwo how to spell his last name.

You might want to read this thread: http://frysforum.com/discussion/436/
  6.  permalink
    My supervisors are alright. I just hate the job epically and the hostile people. All my coworkers have kids or druggees. -_-' sigh...............
  7.  permalink
    If OP's post was remotely true why did the owner of this site get fired for MAKING THIS SITE? Why didn't the government or whoever intervene for him? Answer? Free speech is a right you give up for your paycheck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010
    Guest: If OP's post was remotely true why did the owner of this site get fired for MAKING THIS SITE? Why didn't the government or whoever intervene for him? Answer? Free speech is a right you give up for your paycheck.

It actually wasn't right to fire him. He went to NLRB, got a lawyer and had multiple claims against Frys. Frys settled.  

The news just extends it to being able to talk shit while on the clock. The owner was protected when off the clock.
  8.  permalink
    Any yahoo over the age 13 knows it isn't right to talk sh*t about ANYONE behind their back. It's kind of a cowards search for sympathy...presenting one side.
    I'm sure that law doesn't protect anyone from defamation lawsuits.

It's also common knowledge that if you piss your boss off by talking smack about him, he doesn't have to fire you for it, but can look closer at other detrimental habits you may have and fire you for one of those. In my personal experience, folks that tend to spend a lot of time talking smack about others, tend to have pretty poor work habits themselve. Hard to do a good job when you are worrying about how others do theirs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010
    The purpose of discussion about management is to better management. Management ignores your complaints. You guys continue to get raped by management and do noting about it.
  9.  permalink
    Christie Cameron is a nerd! I'd still do her in the butt though.
  10.  permalink
    I work at the San Marcos store. Randy Fry knew Omar was not reporting his taxes.

Milam Williams used to touch the girls.

Scott Morris stole from the company and cheated on his wife who was dying of cancer with some fat cunt district manager from home office. It was the only reason Frys wouldn't cooperate with the DA when it came to investigating his embezzlement of funds from returns. He was using a certain returns associate to return non-existent F9 merchandise to gift cards, which he'd pocket to cash out later.

Gerald DelTaco would make his sups work off the clock before MOPAR to try for a better score, even though he got a 50% right before being promoted to district manager. He has no place walking MOPAR when he couldn't get his shit together for even a single quarter. If he gives you shit during MOPAR, tell him to get fucked like the bitch from home office he fucked to get DDM.

Tell Cassie Chung to stop buying fucking lingerie.

This company died in 2007 and it's only a matter of time before Randy runs out of cash used to grease the palms of the IRS to stay out of prison.