Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    Away in a manger,  
    No crib for His bed  
    The little Lord Jesus  
    Laid down His sweet head  

The stars in the bright sky  
    Looked down where He lay  
    The little Lord Jesus  
    Asleep on the hay...  

I've heard this fucking song about 300 times now. I feel like home office is brain washing me to love our Lord Jesus...
  1.  permalink
    I don't know about anyone else, but I've been finding myself whistling Last Christmas by Wham lately on my days off, I even downloaded it on iTunes today... I'm so ashamed :\
  2.  permalink
    I love listening to the same xmas songs 30 times a day.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralmond940
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who sings the version of "O Holy Night" that they play in all the stores? It's like an all vocal version, I think the singer is a back female, but I'm not positive. I've been humming that song for 3 days strait now and can't get it out of my head. :face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010 edited
    Top 10 most overplayed christmas holiday music  
    http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2035058,00.html  

It's Beginning to Sound a Lot Like Christmas  
    'Sleigh Ride' by Leroy Anderson  
    'Winter Wonderland'  
    'Feliz Navidad'  
    'Do They Know It's Christmas?' by Band Aid  
    'Wonderful Christmastime' by Paul McCartney  
    'All I Want for Christmas Is You' by Mariah Carey  
    'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer'  
    'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer'  
    'Chanukah Song' by Adam Sandler  
    'Santa Baby' by Eartha Kitt  
    •  
      CommentAuthoralmond940
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010 edited
    Hmm, it's none of those. It's one of the songs that Fry's plays on its 9-hour-loop of Christmas songs.
  3.  permalink
    I love that "Feliz Navidad" one, with all the trumpets and drunk Mexicans. It really shakes things up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2010
    RandomFryGuy: I love that "Feliz Navidad" one, with all the trumpets and drunk Mexicans. It really shakes things up.

True, but I think it could really use more cow bell.
  4.  permalink
    Fellas, fellas; Ive got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell!
    •  
      CommentAuthorP.O.S pro
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010
    what bothers me is it seems every freaking artist on earth feels the unbearable NEED to re-re-re-re-re-RE-RE-REDO Feliz Navidad.  
    god Ive heard like 26 versions by now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2010
    P.O.S pro: what bothers me is it seems every freaking artist on earth feels the unbearable NEED to re-re-re-re-re-RE-RE-REDO Feliz Navidad.  
    god Ive heard like 26 versions by now.

Have you heard the mexican version?
  5.  permalink
    The Mexican version is the best. What I don't understand is why people have to do rock or jazz versions of these songs. Do you really think you are badass by doing a jazz version of silent night? Is that the highlight of your career? Awww yeah I'm badass, son. Lets grab that bass and saxaphone, we cool now dawg! Go fuck yourself. Oh God, how about that country song about how Santa looks a lot like daddy, and daddy looks a lot like him? Seriously, go to hell. If you haven't heard it, here you go. Try not to listen to more than a minute or you might kill yourself.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewbk1uHwJSs
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    The "Mexican version" was actually written and originally performed by José Feliciano, who is of Puerto Rican decent (which makes him a U.S. citizen).  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMtuVP8Mj4o&feature=related
  6.  permalink
    Did you see the video? Looks like a Mexican to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Yes...I saw the video. I remember hearing it for the first time back in 1970 and seeing him on TV.  

Assuming that someone "looks like a Mexican" doesn't make them so. They could be from Spain, Portugal, Cuba, Italy, southern France, or...Puerto Rico  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Feliciano
  7.  permalink
    WTF Southern France has Mexicans!? OMG they're EVERYWHERE!
  8.  permalink
    I feel bad for you guys who work at Fry's or any retail store in general. The non stop looping of Christmas songs still gives me chills. The things that bugged me about retail was that you had to stand throughout the whole shift and it didn't matter how comfortable your shoes were. I'm glad I'm out of retail, I'll never forget Fry's looping the Michael Jackson's DVD so we (the lucky employess) were able to watch his music videos over and over and over...........
  9.  permalink
    CHRISTMAS MUSIC LOST ITS APPEAL ABOUT TWO WEEKS INTO IT. I'M ALL FOR THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT, BUT GOT TIRED OF THE SAME CRAP EVERYDAY I WORKED.