Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I'm a cashier at store 10, and i'm sick of the blatant corruption that is displayed by cafe manager.  

I want to go to local news outlets for this, but I will start here.  

Thanh recently had a falling out with her employees because she tried to force them to sell expired food. As ludicrous as this sounds, she disciplined them for not selling the expired food and made a lot of internal threats. The employees went to go complain and she got a slap on the wrist for her actions.  

Here's where it goes bad. Since all she got was a slap on the wrist, she brought down revenge by giving the employees insane hours (opening in the morning, going home for a couple hours and then closing) just so that she could show them what happens when they defy her. The employees couldn't take it anymore so they eventually quit.  

Thanh hired new employees that will sell the expired food and bend to her every will. One of the applicants was asked the "What does customer service mean to you?" and he answered that it means complete customer satisfaction. However, she smiled and said it wasn't. Her direct words were, "customer service is selling things to the customer. Sell sell sell."  

The cafe now is staffed by employees selling you expired food and most likely doing other corrupt and illegal practices.
  2.  permalink
    Have someone call the Orange County Health Department. Sounds like they may be due for a thorough inspection.
  3.  permalink
    Thanh is notorious for doing shady things.

The food in the cafe has 2 dates on them:

1) Freshness date
    2) Expiration date

She gets replaces the freshness date and makes it the expiration date. That way employees have no idea when the food actually expires.

New workers are oblivious as all the old ones quit/were fired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2010 edited
    Store 10 also blocked FIRE EXITS at closing, overnight with the Huge Metal Transfer cages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2010
    As long as the food taste good right?
  4.  permalink
    Instead of posting here, email the Health Department, Fire Marshall, etc...
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2010
    The health department will do NOTHING about expiration dates. They are concerned with cleanlyness, and little more. With the exception of a few items, expiration dates mean nothing. As a kid I worked in a food plant that would put the "made" date 1 week ahead, so when it arrived in a different state and was distributed, it looked like it was made that day.....legally. Yes, it's a scummy thing to do, but it's not illegal. You can read some more about it here:  
    http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/Articles/Nutrition-Health-Food-Labeling-646/food-expiration-dates.aspx
  5.  permalink
    I know the Health Department doesn't care about expiration dates. However, an unannounced inspection may find some cleanliness issues that could cause the cafe manager some problems.
  6.  permalink
    I have been working at the cafe in Store 10 and never has she tried to get me or anyone (to my knowledge) to sell expired food. I have no idea what you're talking about.
  7.  permalink
    LIES! ^^^
  8.  permalink
    Uh, no. I've been working here since December and she really hasn't. I have no idea where that accusation is coming from.
  9.  permalink
    Forgot to login as candybuttons woops
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011
    Guest: Uh, no. I've been working here since December and she really hasn't. I have no idea where that accusation is coming from.

disgruntled ex-employee I'm guessing.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  10.  permalink
    ^  

I would understand why!  

But throwing around baseless accusations doesn't help either.
  11.  permalink
    candybuttons I know who you are... K*** Tanh is dissapoint
  12.  permalink
    What.