Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbRaingear
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2011
    I had an outstanding return experience at Fry’s in Seattle this last week and when I queried, I found that your site was among the top 10 search results when someone searches “Fry’s return policy” so I thought you should also (in fairness) list good stories too.  
    I bought a Brother multi-function color laser printer in November 2010 and had an assortment of problems with it. (manual page feeding, not the print quality I was hoping for, etc). Anyway, during the holidays I hadn’t had much of a chance to use my printer so when I finally got around to it, I was at day 31 (return policy is 30 days). I had my hackles up ready for a fight when I returned the printer to the store. MUCH to my surprise, they did not hassle me about the return AT ALL. In fact, Jonathan Kallappa, Store Manager, was understanding and said, “No problem”. My husband and I have spent tens of thousands of dollars at Fry’s but they didn’t know that when I walked in. Lucky for them, they not only kept our business but made us want to shop there even more. I wanted to pass this along since clearly there are a lot of complaints and angry people. There are some happy ones too.  
    Hope you can tell both sides.
  1.  permalink
    Fry's return policy is one of the main reasons I do business with them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2011
    Fry's return policy is one of the main reasons I do not do business with them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7895
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2011
    This poster is obviously on some type of cocaine or heavy dosage drug.
  2.  permalink
    Fry's return policy isn't much different from other retailers. People should know what their buying, keep the receipt and not be stupid and try to return something six months after you buy it. Common sense goes a long way.
  3.  permalink
    I SHOP AT FRY'S ALL THE TIME AND RARELY HAVE PROBLEMS. IF YOU GO IN, KNOWING WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR ITS PRETTY EASY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2011
    Guest: I SHOP AT FRY'S ALL THE TIME AND RARELY HAVE PROBLEMS. IF YOU GO IN, KNOWING WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR ITS PRETTY EASY.

Provided what you know you're looking for isn't somebody elses DOA return that was put back on the shelf without a sticker.
  4.  permalink
    Stand by returns someday and pay attention. Everything that's returned has a sticker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    Guest: Stand by returns someday and pay attention. Everything that's returned has a sticker.

Pull yer head out. I'm sure you work for Frys, and know EVERYTHING about each and every Frys store. But, I have bought moocho items at 4 of the DFW area stores. I have bought items with the "open box" sticker on the INSIDE of the box (NOT THE OUSIDE). I have also bought items that were USED and placed back in the box with NO STICKER. These same problems have been reported by other posters here in other threads.  

From 96-04 I shopped Frys approximately twice a month, and spent $2,000-$5,000 a yr there (I build and repair PCs on the side).....because they were the only game in town, not because I enjoyed getting screwed there 20% of the time. I now do ALMOST all my shopping online, but still go to Frys occasionally for the odd-ball item I HAVE to have today. I know of what I speak, I have shopped there too many times not to.  

So, neither you, or your manly hard-on for Frys is going to tell me different.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Guest: I SHOP AT FRY'S ALL THE TIME AND RARELY HAVE PROBLEMS. IF YOU GO IN, KNOWING WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR ITS PRETTY EASY.

You do realize your guest ID doesn't change because you're using the same IP address, right?
  5.  permalink
    Sometimes I consider fry's to be a rental store, not a retail store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011
    Guest: Sometimes I consider fry's to be a rental store, not a retail store.

Rentals are getting expensive now with the 15% restocking fee on many products.
  6.  permalink
    @SAS. I work for Fry's, my roomate doesn't. So much for your smart remark.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011
    Guest: @SAS. I work for Fry's, my roomate doesn't. So much for your smart remark.

You tell em! BOTH you and your "roomate" are too lazy to register.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCinnabon
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2011
    Most of my experiences at Fry's have been positive. The prices aren't too shabby, and the associates are generally helpful at pointing pointing out where the item(s) I'm looking for are. I don't spend as much on electronics, gadgets and gizmos as much as I used to, but when I do need something, I'll usually check out Fry's before Best Buy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011
    Guest: @SAS. I work for Fry's, my roomate doesn't. So much for your smart remark.

Please.