Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    hello,  

i work in service and i think im going to get fired. how should i approach this situation? should i sign the VQ? will that prevent me from getting unemployment if i sign it?? should i just wait until they terminate me? any advice would be much appreciated please.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Unemployment denied after getting fired?
    Best way to get unemployment?
    Anyone want to hint or guess whos going to get fired at the San Diego Store?
    5 day , help with getting unemployment.
    Hours cut? File an unemployment claim and Fry's will pay you to chill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorShigman
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011
    DO NOT SIGN IT. Signing it will be signing away your Unemployment. When they tell you to sign it, tell them you know what that does and tell them to also FUCK OFF for it :)
  3.  permalink
    Don't sign anything at all, just take your paycheck and run. They might still try and fight it. Did you steal or what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    RandomFryGuy: Don't sign anything at all, just take your paycheck and run. They might still try and fight it. Did you steal or what?

Job abandonment won't get you unemployment.
  4.  permalink
    no ive been written up for job performance. which i think is kinda crappy as service is a tough dept. also ive been written up for petty bullshit too. so if it comes down to it and they want me to sign it i say no. will they try and hold my last paycheck from me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011 edited
    paperback_writer: no ive been written up for job performance. which i think is kinda crappy as service is a tough dept. also ive been written up for petty bullshit too. so if it comes down to it and they want me to sign it i say no. will they try and hold my last paycheck from me?

Once your terminated Frys has 72 hours to deliver your check or else the government will fine them and/or arrest someone.  
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=lab&group=00001-01000&file=200-243  

201.  (a) If an employer discharges an employee, the wages earned  
    and unpaid at the time of discharge are due and payable immediately.  
    An employer who lays off a group of employees by reason of the  
    termination of seasonal employment in the curing, canning, or drying  
    of any variety of perishable fruit, fish or vegetables, shall be  
    deemed to have made immediate payment when the wages of said  
    employees are paid within a reasonable time as necessary for  
    computation and payment thereof; provided, however, that the  
    reasonable time shall not exceed 72 hours, and further provided that  
    payment shall be made by mail to any employee who so requests and  
    designates a mailing address therefor.  
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    So....what did you do in the service dept? Can fish, or dry fruit? :face-devil-grin:
  5.  permalink
    lol, may as well have done both. really though, i enjoyed the people i work with, the challange of fixing computers but frys on the whole sucks balls. the level of multi tasking required at service is pretty crazy. not to mention people always balk when you need supplies. swear to god this should have happened sooner but they aren't exactly handing out jobbs.
    oh well i'll survive.

has anyone else been ownd by the SM,ASM and your Dept MGR all at once? i think of that eagles song "kick em while there down"
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2011 edited
    Guest: lol, may as well have done both. really though, i enjoyed the people i work with, the challange of fixing computers but frys on the whole sucks balls.  
    has anyone else been ownd by the SM,ASM and your Dept MGR all at once? i think of that eagles song "kick em while there down"

Take it as a stepping stone. There ARE other jobs out there, even in this economy. And if you are half way decent at repairing computers, you can do it on the side and set your own pace. There are PLENTY of people searching someone to repair their PC and not rape them for doing it, like some of the big chains. A few flyers on some school and apartment building bullitin boards, and yer in business.
  6.  permalink
    Udate us. Did you get fired or survive?
  7.  permalink
    so far i did not get fired. i returns from my suspension and starting fixing a lot of computers and selling a lot. i was told one more writeup and im gone. so now im walking on eggshells ...veerrrry carefully lol. frys is a huge stress anyway.
  8.  permalink
    I love your avatar.
  9.  permalink
    trying now to go back to frys lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012
    Hope you are good at writing Fiction.
  10.  permalink
    Your avatar is even better suited now...