Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewfrysguy
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011
    My manager is on my ass about it. I haven't sold a single Fry's card in almost 30 hours of working.  

Any suggestions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    Tell the customer its a magic card...believe it or not, I've seen this work so many times. Or tell them its a discount card and that you need their SSN for their own security. That's worked an alarming number of times too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    The Frys club card provides zero percent financing on select ad items.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011 edited
    asdf: The Frys club card provides zero percent financing on select ad items.

Yes, and there are plenty of credit cards out there that offer 0% financing on any purchase in the first 6 months to year. So that isn't exactly a perk exclusive to the Fry's Card.
  1.  permalink
    Do you pitch it to EVERY SINGLE PERSON you come in contact with?
  2.  permalink
    Does your manager have one...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 6478
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2011
    This associate is asking for help, if you don't have anything positive to contribute, shut the fuck up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2011
    Guest: This associate is asking for help, if you don't have anything positive to contribute, shut the **** up!

The Frys Card provides no benefit to the customer, and carries an excessive interest rate. If you do a search for the bank behind the card (First Electronic Bank), you'll quickly see they carry the same stellar reputation as Fry's...maybe even worse.
  3.  permalink
    I get a frys card about every 8 months or so. I stopped asking people if they want one about 4 years ago. As long as I do my job my supervisors and managers don't give a shit what I do.
  4.  permalink
    ask any and all non english speaking latinos. they are a shoe in for any credit card. make sure they have US ID.
  5.  permalink
    ask any and all non english speaking latinos. they don't care about credit problems. Make sure they have a US ID.  

18 year olds is also a good option. wait till you see their eyes when they find out they can put a PS3 or X box on credit card.  

chinese people and old people..FORGET IT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStarfucker
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011
    ConcordLegend:  
    chinese people and old people..FORGET IT.

no want fry card, i pay with discovery card.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011
    What's a "discovery card"?
  6.  permalink
    I haven't signed up a customer for a Fry's card in months, and at 28% interest most people aren't interested.
    I have signed up maybe 10-12 customers in the three years I've been at Frys, so if your other sales numbers and GP are good they will overlook it. I no longer pitch the Frys card because it is a bad deal for customers.
  7.  permalink
    Use your ap to give them a discount for submitting an application.
  8.  permalink
    That's funny. Ad items have no ap, and why would I waste my ap for a sale item that paid me zero? Most of the people applying for a Frys card have no money and want the cheap stuff. Thanks but no!