Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    I heard that he offed himself in middle of the night Thursday night Friday morning after having a fight with his girlfriend the night before.  

The last text message sent was "Adios Muchachos" to a group of friends.  

Can anyone confirm this?  

1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Former Fry's DM Andamo Hondo found dead in apparent murder-suicide.
    David Carradine "Bill" from Kill Bill dies from suicide naked hanging masterbating
    WHOSE THE REAL ALEX?
    Eww! Who would be obsessed with alex edwards?!
    ALEX EDWARDS STOP ATTACKING JENNY!
  2.  permalink
    RIP. What store?
  3.  permalink
    he was a former employee at store 15 san diego.
  4.  permalink
    I highly suggest you delete this topic if you know what is good for you. Please do it with respect to Alex and his family.  

Sasquatch:It would just come back as another thread. What I will do is delete some of the more inappropriate comments.
  5.  permalink
    agreed ^^
  6.  permalink
    Agree, this topic should be deleted
  7.  permalink
    He was a good guy. Please remove this for Alex and all who had love for him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited
    Guest:something something

Have a little decency for the deceased, junior.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazyFox213
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited
    And NO this topic should not be deleted. Others that may have known him when they worked there should know what happened.
  8.  permalink
    I am in shock that Alex Cordova died by killed himself. His death is sad and now he's dead. A great guy. My heart goes out to the Cordova family.
  9.  permalink
    Alex was a fun loving guy with lots of friends. He was into music and wanted to do something with his life. He met his girlfriend and she got pregnant after the first couple of months of being together. To be honest, she is one of the worst people I've encountered. Verbally abusive, jealous, manipulative, etc. She ballooned up to close to 200 pounds and became more insecure. Over the last year Alex talked about how he felt stuck. She loves attention and she seems to love all the attention she's getting after this. She even organized a meetup at a local bar to "celebrate his life" the day it happened. That's another thing. There have been other people in Alex's life that have died and their deaths have been romanticized. People who say "respect the dead" are only making it worse by making them seemingly "untouchable" when it comes to criticism. A lot of people commit suicide knowing or believing I should say they will be revered.
  10.  permalink
    Evn
  11.  permalink
    Alex was a great kid.. We went to junior high and high school together. Very friendly, smart and compassionate person. The saddest part of the story is that his brother passed away while Alex was still in high school. I cannot believe the emotional strain this has put on his parents and family. My heart goes out to all the Cordova family. May Alex eternally Rest In Peace and find his place in heaven along side his brother.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 56955
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011 edited
    I didnt knw alex but RIP Brudda..
  12.  permalink
    I don't think his gf is bad. And even if they HAD fought, people don't commit suicide over something silly. Unless they are mentally unstable. Now... from what I have read he wasn't. This was probably something he had contemplated for a while. What ever reasons he had, he was selfish in thinking it was the right thing to do. Now he's inflicting pain on his entire family and everyone else who truly loved and cared for him. Simply because he coiuldnt handle whatever was going on. People don't DESERVE to know what happened... its really not anyones business. If you care enough then you would find out through friends and family. Not posting some bullshit blog-type thing. I agree with the fact that simply because you're dead you're not untouchable. Dying doesn't suddenly change the life you had to turn you into a saint. But if you have something to say, you should probably just keep your mouth shut. It hurts the people who loved them and still ALIVE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011
    This blog is for posting questions/comments about the Fry's Electronics Store...not about the personal lives and tragedies of employees. Discussing someone's suicide on a public forum with no respect for the grieving friends and family is despicable. Isn't the admin supposed to remove posts like this, seriously?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazyFox213
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011 edited
    Guest: I don't think his gf is bad. And even if they HAD fought, people don't commit suicide over something silly. Unless they are mentally unstable. Now... from what I have read he wasn't. This was probably something he had contemplated for a while. What ever reasons he had, he was selfish in thinking it was the right thing to do. Now he's inflicting pain on his entire family and everyone else who truly loved and cared for him. Simply because he coiuldnt handle whatever was going on. People don't DESERVE to know what happened... its really not anyones business. If you care enough then you would find out through friends and family. Not posting some bullshit blog-type thing. I agree with the fact that simply because you're dead you're not untouchable. Dying doesn't suddenly change the life you had to turn you into a saint. But if you have something to say, you should probably just keep your mouth shut. It hurts the people who loved them and still ALIVE.

Umm NO, people DO deserve to know that he is gone now, and the information that was given may only be hearsay therefore YES people that cared about him SHOULD go and try to find out what happened. If he was a beloved frys employee then i see nothing wrong with someone letting people know that he is gone now. there may be people out there that used to work at frys and just hadnt talked to him in a while and had no clue?!  

Liana Mei: This blog is for posting questions/comments about the Fry's Electronics Store...not about the personal lives and tragedies of employees. Discussing someone's suicide on a public forum with no respect for the grieving friends and family is despicable. Isn't the admin supposed to remove posts like this, seriously?

This is not a BLOG first of all and if you think thats what this highly respected website is then you should hit the fuckin road now. Secondly, WAKE UP HUNNY, peoples lives and deaths are posted on the net ALL THE TIME, i see this as no big surprise and frankly neither should you. lol. what rock do you live under??  

Serious business.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011 edited
    Liana Mei: This blog is for posting questions/comments about the Fry's Electronics Store...not about the personal lives and tragedies of employees. Discussing someone's suicide on a public forum with no respect for the grieving friends and family is despicable. Isn't the admin supposed to remove posts like this, seriously?

This is not a BLOG first of all and if you think thats what this highly respected website is then you should hit the fuckin road now. Secondly, WAKE UP HUNNY, peoples lives and deaths are posted on the net ALL THE TIME, i see this as no big surprise and frankly neither should you. lol. what rock do you live under??

** Edit: Okay, forum, not blog...whatever. Secondly, just because people's deaths are reported on the internet all the time does not make it appropriate. Crazyfox, I am not surprised and I do not live under a rock. I just happen to have a bit of decency that you seem to be lacking, that's all. Furthermore, this site is not what I would deem "respectable" in any sense of the word.
  13.  permalink
    You must not be that further up on the "decency" poll then me then hunny cause your STILL HERE. ; )  

If this place isnt what you "DEEM" decent then get to steppin.  

Get to clickin those heels down the street and make that money.
  14.  permalink
    Don't bother trying to talk sense into someone like Crazyfox, he's quite the dumbass.
  15.  permalink
    Like i said, if you dont like it here then leave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011 edited
    CrazyFox213: You must not be that further up on the "decency" poll then me then hunny cause your STILL HERE. ; )  

If this place isnt what you "DEEM" decent then get to steppin.  

Get to clickin those heels down the street and make that money.

By "decency" I was referring to the fact that I refuse to stoop to gossiping (public or otherwise) about a tragic suicide.
  16.  permalink
    well here you are stilllll doing it. so you COULDD stop fueling the flame by shutting up. idk im just throwing that out there.  

By "here" i meant this website you idiot, because thats what we were talking about remember.  

Guest 41185: "he" HAHAHA oh god damn thats funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011
    Um I haven't been on here in a while ... I actually just found out about this from someone else's Facebook post... I am truly saddened and shocked I remember working with him he was a good guyaka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
  17.  permalink
    Yes, he definitely was. i knew him only through an acquaintance, but he seemed like a very decent upstanding individual.
  18.  permalink
    my condolences. i suggest removing this thread unless approval has been given by this deceased person's family.
  19.  permalink
    Naww, i see no reason why we cant have at least just a temporary remembrance thread for him....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011
    paperback_writer: my condolences. i suggest removing this thread unless approval has been given by this deceased person's family.

Seconded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011
    From what I have seen the moderators have censored the content! The comments have suddenly disappeared or have been altered.
  20.  permalink
    yeah I KNOW. Its sasquatch, he keeps deleting mine and some other peoples comments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011 edited
    I agree with CrazyFox. Let me tell you a little story. When I was in high school and the California wildfires hit, my high school was right in the MIDDLE of an entire community which burned to the ground, and through some bizarre twist of fate, our high school was left standing. At the time, I was working on our schools tv news show and the reaction by the producers of the show was "oh, the fires were a real tragedy, therefore, we shouldn't talk about the tragedy out of respect to the victims". So in the months following the fire, which left about 150 students without homes, we didn't do a SINGLE story about the fire. We could have done stories about how students were affected, about how they were rebuilding their lives in a positive way (in the months after), there were literally HUNDREDS of great stories that had to be shit canned and could have been shared, and that survivors of the fire (I knew several) WANTED to share and have shared. But the people who WEREN'T affected by the tragedy seemed to have this misguided (but well intentioned) notion that when bad things happen, the best thing to do is not talk about them, that somehow that's the "polite" thing to do, regardless of the fact that the ONLY thing on the students minds in those months following, was the fire. You couldn't come on campus without smelling the smokey burned out houses surrounding the school.  

The point of this story is that tragedy happens. But when it happens, the way people get on is by talking about it. That's what people did that night at the bar when they "celebrated his life" (call it what you want). They didn't all get to the bar and say "we shouldn't talk about him out of respect to his family, can the bar manager please disperse this meeting and tell everyone to go home?". Likewise, I'm sure plenty of people who attended, quietly asked the same thing, "what do you think the things were that pushed him over the edge? I think it was *whisper *whisper *whisper". How is talking about it at a bar any different than talking about it here? You can't make the world a better place by censoring what people want to say since they'll say it anyway... only behind your back if they know you're one of "those people" who has a stick up their butt.
  21.  permalink
    Finally, someone that makes some sense.
  22.  permalink
    gobo760: I agree with CrazyFox. Let me tell you a little story. When I was in high school and the California wildfires hit, my high school was right in the MIDDLE of an entire community which burned to the ground, and through some bizarre twist of fate, our high school was left standing. At the time, I was working on our schools tv news show and the reaction by the producers of the show was "oh, the fires were a real tragedy, therefore, we shouldn't talk about the tragedy out of respect to the victims". So in the months following the fire, which left about 150 students without homes, we didn't do a SINGLE story about the fire. We could have done stories about how students were affected, about how they were rebuilding their lives in a positive way (in the months after), there were literally HUNDREDS of great stories that had to be shit canned and could have been shared, and that survivors of the fire (I knew several) WANTED to share and have shared. But the people who WEREN'T affected by the tragedy seemed to have this misguided (but well intentioned) notion that when bad things happen, the best thing to do is not talk about them, that somehow that's the "polite" thing to do, regardless of the fact that the ONLY thing on the students minds in those months following, was the fire. You couldn't come on campus without smelling the smokey burned out houses surrounding the school.  

The point of this story is that tragedy happens. But when it happens, the way people get on is by talking about it. That's what people did that night at the bar when they "celebrated his life" (call it what you want). They didn't all get to the bar and say "we shouldn't talk about him out of respect to his family, can the bar manager please disperse this meeting and tell everyone to go home?". Likewise, I'm sure plenty of people who attended, quietly asked the same thing, "what do you think the things were that pushed him over the edge? I think it was *whisper *whisper *whisper". How is talking about it at a bar any different than talking about it here? You can't make the world a better place by censoring what people want to say since they'll say it anyway... only behind your back if they know you're one of "those people" who has a stick up their butt.

The difference is that most of you just want to talk shit with the power of internet anonymity. If you want to make a youtube video tribute with your face and all, go ahead and post it. You don't have the balls, like 90% of the people on this website. It is a website dedicated to anonymously talk shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011
    CrazyFox213: yeah I KNOW. Its sasquatch, he keeps deleting mine and some other peoples comments.

Yup, deleted some of the more insensitive stuff. I'm not going to delete the thread, it would be stupid to think word would not get out. Just cleaned it up a little in respect to the deceased.
  23.  permalink
    u can altleast change the title of this topic
  24.  permalink
    I heard somebody will file a lawsuit against this site
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011 edited
    RandomFryGuy:The difference is that most of you just want to talk shit with the power of internet anonymity. If you want to make a youtube video tribute with your face and all, go ahead and post it. You don't have the balls, like 90% of the people on this website. It is a website dedicated to anonymously talk shit.

I just don't agree with censorship in any form, especially when it comes to issues that are actually relevant. Where I grew up, if you killed yourself, you were generally thought of to be an idiot who couldn't hack life and people then talked about what probably pushed you over the edge (it's natural to wonder). At my high school growing up, we usually had 1 suicide every year (I knew two of the people) and after each suicide, the school would always bring in counselors and we'd talk about it at length (both the good stuff and the bad stuff). Maybe I'm annoyed by this whole conversation because I've been through this already various times and people are treating it like a saint died instead of a regular person with flaws who was pushed over the edge (as is always the case). I'm sure this guy had his reasons, I just don't agree with people who think the "right" thing to do about it is to not talk about it, or only talk about it a certain way.  

If anything, I think it's more funny that 90% of the posts on here so far are in reference to whether or not we should talk about it, rather than talking about it. And about anonymity, various people know who I am. I don't post my pic on here because I don't want Fry's management knowing I'm dissatisfied with their corporate structure, not because I don't want other employees knowing who I am. But you also have a semi-valid point Fry'sGuy: The people who talk like a baby-kissing politician, usually don't mind showing their face because who can hate baby-kissing politicians? They always say the right thing and buy in to everyone's bullshit if it'll make them liked. It's the guy who says, "the emperor is wearing no clothes" that gets hated by all the people who bought the same clothes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011 edited
    I don't think anything is wrong with a simple question/answer post.........but some comments went WAY overboard. DECENT people DO have respect for the dead. No matter how it happened. I for one, don't think suicides are committed by idiots or losers....fact is, most people who commit suicide suffer from depression (treated or untreated, diagnosed or undiagnosed)....which is a MEDICAL condition, a chemical imbalance in the brain.  
    To acknowledge a death is one thing, to have sport with it is another. Folks who enjoy one-liners, and rude comments about a dead person who can't defend themself......they are the same folks who buy "National Enquirer", watch "Extra!", and generally have the emotional equivalent of a 12 yr old.....I'd peg them an "idiot" any day before I would someone who ended their life.  
    I don't know this fellow from jack, but feel sorry for him and his family. Nuff said.
  25.  permalink
    Sasquatch:
    CrazyFox213: yeah I KNOW. Its sasquatch, he keeps deleting mine and some other peoples comments.

Yup, deleted some of the more insensitive stuff. I'm not going to delete the thread, it would be stupid to think word would not get out. Just cleaned it up a little in respect to the deceased.

Stop fucking deleting peoples comments. they have just as much a right to be here as everyone elses.  
    Just because you dont like what people are saying dopesnt give you the right to erase it.  

Next time i see something of YOURS "i dont like" ill just go and delete it.
  26.  permalink
    Shut up, ass lol.
  27.  permalink
    ok he passed away thats it.he hasnt worked at frys in along time, no ones acting like he was a saint or sayin dont talk about it, he was a good father loved his gf was a great guy. he had his own problems he didnt get over or get help with. somethings r jus inappropriate or jus not cool to say MOST of u didnt know him or knew wht was goin on so jus shut up, blaah blahh blahh stop deleting posts go make another topic about post being deleted an to the person talkin shit about his gf there is no need for that. jealous much, u dont know the story most pregnant girls over react about alot of things etc.but anyway.
    HEs gone R.I.P.
    no need for arguing an complaining about stupid shit if u really have anything negative to say about him or his gf keep it to yourself
    otherwise ill be in sd an can be at that frys or in T-town march 3rd. come say shit to me see wht happens.
    R.I.P. Alex
  28.  permalink
    CrazyFox213:
    Sasquatch:

Stop fucking deleting peoples comments. they have just as much a right to be here as everyone elses.  
    Just because you dont like what people are saying dopesnt give you the right to erase it.  

Actually since he is an admin here, he does have the right. Duh? Posting on a Fry's forum isn't exactly protected speach . . .
  29.  permalink
    And actually so do i. ; )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011
    CrazyFox213:
    Sasquatch:

Freedom of speech ≠ The right to post on this forum.  
    If I deleted what I "don't like," half the posts on this forum would disappear, and trolls like Obi-wan would be banned. I was merely making this thread more respectful for any of his family members which may visit this page.  
    CrazyFox, you and anyone else are always welcome to criticize my posts. One of us may learn something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011
    Sasquatch - you work at the NW Houston store, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011
    Yup.
  30.  permalink
    Again!
  31.  permalink
    again
  32.  permalink
    again!
  33.  permalink
    wow.