Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormontanagold
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011 edited
    Curious to know if anyone has any idea what the strategy is with the Frys.com website??  

Does anyone know how much sales is driven from the website? versus the actual store and what not.  

I'm curious to know why they work hard to make the store good, but the website is just kind of a turd. No reviews, no questions, nothing..  

Is the company really centered around driving sales in from the adds. Since all my friends watch the weekend add. They might as well change their name to Fridays?  

Please enlighten me what the big picture is.
  1.  permalink
    anyone...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    montanagold: anyone...

This forum averages 0-10 posts TOTAL per day. Don't expect quick responses.  

montanagold: Curious to know if anyone has any idea what the strategy is with the Frys.com website??  

Does anyone know how much sales is driven from the website? versus the actual store and what not.  

I'm curious to know why they work hard to make the store good, but the website is just kind of a turd. No reviews, no questions, nothing..  

Is the company really centered around driving sales in from the adds. Since all my friends watch the weekend add. They might as well change their name to Fridays?  

Please enlighten me what the big picture is.

I have seen how much money Frys.com brings in for the components department compared to ours in the store. It's pretty insignificant compared to just one store to be honest. AFAIK from what I've seen with regard to customers walking up to me at work, Frys.com exists solely to show people the products that frys carries. Most of those people just come in asking for what they saw on the website.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    Strategy? Fry's has a strategy? If you look at their rating and comments on ResellerRatings.com, it would seem that their strategy is to totally tick off the customer.
  2.  permalink
    I often wondered myself. Frys, included in my "price comparisons" when I shop...I'm amazed that they have no feedback to their product, and in some cases not even a decent description? A lot of items they do sell are hidden, not listed, or can only be found expanding a search 4-5 times.....definately not user friendly for a "tech" company. They could take lessons in online sales from Amazon and NewEgg.
  3.  permalink
    I don't think Fry's is trying to compete with Amazon and Newegg and become a big e-tailer. In fact one way Fry's make so much money is because we have salesmen trying to promote items with the most GP, unlike Best Buy who hires idiots for $8/hr who just give you whatever is on the shelf. Frys.com is more like a giant graphics catalog for the store.
  4.  permalink
    You don't have be trying to compete to have a decent website for online business. If they don't care about online sales, why even have the website? Their websitee has changed LITTLE in the 5 yrs I've gone to it. TERRIBLE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011
    Yeah, there are many things wrong with our site. For a good laugh:  
    http://www.frys.com/template/buying_guide/index/
  5.  permalink
    I used to enjoy buying from 'Fry's, but I was so ticked off by problems with their website that I stopped shopping in the stores and online, too.

I did stop in for some tax software that I used to purchase from Fry's. They didn't carry it. There were only a handful people shopping in the middle of the day. I don't see how they can even pay the electric bill for the building!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJessrond
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017
    They hate white people  
    :face-plain:

DSCF0004.JPG