Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    So, I've been getting calls from our new call center. Supposedly, if the phone fails to get answered in a certain number of rings, the call is rerouted to the call center and the department their trying to get a hold of looses money (pays for the transaction of the call center call) i think its another way for frys to take money us. and plus the call center employees have no idea how frys actually runs, as they are physically disconnected from our store. plus i hate that goddamn AOL teardrop noise that plays each time they call.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Department Manager for Customer Service?
    Ask me anything you want about the Service Department
    The REAL way to make your service department succeed
    Frys service department....
    Frys's service department sales
    •  
      CommentAuthorislandwank
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2012
    Agreed, seriously the individuals in the call center are stupid as shit. Customers always getting pissed at store associates for call center mistakes. Maybe if Fry's wasn't so fucking cheap, they could actually make a better automated system and fix the fucking website. If Fry's actually got their shit together, these dumbasses could make the call center smaller and pay more for experienced individuals. Running a fucking call center like a store is the stupidest shit I have ever heard and hiring people just to fill sets doesn't make any sense as the customers will complain if they don't receive the help they need.
  3.  permalink
    I NEVER answer the phone when it rings. It usually is a question or a stock check for an item that is NOT in my department and something I CAN'T help with. It usually leads to wasted time and heartache. I turn and walk away if the phone rings, and so should you!
  4.  permalink
    Guest: I NEVER answer the phone when it rings. It usually is a question or a stock check for an item that is NOT in my department and something I CAN'T help with. It usually leads to wasted time and heartache. I turn and walk away if the phone rings, and so should you!
    Not to mention all the people who call thinking Fry's is free tech support.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3825
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2012
    Oh look. The phone seems to be ringing.... *walks the other way* Oh high Mr. Customer who actually wants to buy something that may or may not pay me commission. How are you?
  5.  permalink
    The way it was explained to me was that if we didn't answer it in two rings we were charged for the time it kept ringing, and if we put a customer on hold we were to be charged for that. Mostly, the call center employees seem to just transfer the call, without knowing anything about why the customer is calling, etc., but occasionally I am surprised. Today, for instance, a typical call-center call, customer wants to check stock on an item, so I asked, what does the system say we have? The call-center employee had actually looked it up and knew, so sometimes they do what they are supposed to, but it's rare...  

Also, you can tell by the caller id if it's another department, a regular call, or the call center. It's definitely tempting to ignore the call if it's the call center. Or you can do like my DM did today, when given the phone (press talk) hello? oops, they musta hung up...