Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorShigman
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011
    So when I was employed at Frys(Concord store 24) for Black Friday in 2008, I worked so crazy of hours that I found out that it was illegal. Here's how it was: Black Friday: 4:30am to 1:30am the next day with only 4 hours of lunch in between. Green Saturday:9:00am to 2:00am the next day, not sure what my lunches were that day. But here's what is illegal: the amount of hours worked on Friday, and the difference of hours by the time I clocked out Friday and had to clock in Saturday. There should always be AT LEAST an 8 hour difference between clocking out and clocking back in the next day due to Labor laws. Now if any other stores from Black Friday 2008 pulled something like that, feel free to let me know if you would want to pursue it, but as it stands until I know other stores did it, this is for Concord 24.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    ATI HDCP false advertising class action lawsuit
    Class Action Lawsuit for Employment Hours
    Fry's Electronics Class Action Lawsuit
    Class Action Settlement
    Lopez vs Fry's Electronics Class Action Settlement
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3346
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011
    They do that in all stores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorShigman
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    So the question I'm having is should I file a class action suit against it
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    Perhaps you should talk to a lawfirm that understands employment practices and can give you an honest evaluation whether this has merit. Here's the web link to the firm that handled the class action against one of my former employers (they settled out of court). It's definitely worth looking into. Make sure you have all fo the facts, and that documentation is available.  

http://www.marlinandsaltzman.com/