Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoridleivey
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    Hey all I have this retailing assignment for class, I need to compare BB and Fry's retailing strategies. I have tried to get a phone interview with a manager at my local Fry's but no dice so far. I stumbled across this forum while doing some internet research. Flea had posted this great article from Forbes, http://www.forbes.com/forbes/1997/1103/6010086a.html, but it is a little old. I was wondering if there were any current or former Fry's managers that wouldn't mind answering a couple questions that my professor gave me. Feel free to answer as few or as many as you like.  

Who is the target market?  
    What are the key factors in store location/size?  
    What do they consider to be their competitive advantages?  
    Inventory turnover strategy? ( lower margins/quicker turnover vs. higher margins/slower turnover)  
    Ad strategy?  
    Do they have any customer loyalty programs?  
    Sales strategies?  
    How is their distribution center set up?  
    Do they hold a lot of inventory to prevent stock outs?  
    Do they carry any exclusive items or brands?  
    Is there a specific product or category that the store focuses on?  

Thanks!
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Interviewed at Fry's three times, took drug test...
    How to grab Fry's attention for a possible interview.
    I got a job interview at Frys...
    Fry's Interview Help?
    An Interview with Randy Fry. What would you ask?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    If you really want to interview the manager, you need to call the store and ask them when the store manager will be PIC'ing (every manager has a regular schedule where they have to stand at the returns counter as the "Person In Charge" and handle customer complaints for a certain window of time every week, usually like 6 hours per week I think). Go there in person during that window when he'll be standing at the podium and hand the manager your list of questions, and ask him if you can interview him either right then, or maybe the next day with that sheet to help him prepare his thoughts.  

Fry's managers are always getting pulled in several directions. You really have to make the effort if you want to talk to one.