Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I recently visited the San Diego Fry's to purchase a computer monitor and a laptop. I was helped by Antonio Gimatao, who from the start stared lying and talking about monitors that weren't even in site. I was looking at a 19" monitor and he was telling me that it was a 21" monitor (Specks in plain site and in bold letters). I asked about insurance and a man names Edward Ngo with terrible English interrupted the conversation and told me it covers everything. I took this 19" monitor (21" in Antonio Gimatao eyes). I asked about a good laptop and Edward Ngo helped me from there. Edward Ngo kept pointing at any laptop and said "you take home, you try now"; don't forget his English is terrible. I tell Edward Ngo that I am a college student that is a gamer. I Told him I would need a laptop with allot of memory, a great graphics card, and the latest Microsoft Office. Edward Ngo shows me a Fujitsu with a NO video card and he says Fujitsu is the best in the world. I didn't know that it didn't have one until I go home and I check on the laptop graphics card and it says (SHARED GRAPHICS CARD). I open the monitor and can see a crack down the center of it. So I return the next day and it turns out that the insurance I bought didn't cover a crack that was already there in the first place. I am disappointed and the service and employees that Fry’s hire. They seem to hire the rudest, laziest, dumbest, shadiest people ever. Fry's pretty much hires anyone. Edward Ngo and Antonio Gimatao are the worst sales people I ever had.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Audio Sales Peoples!
    Fry's Salespeople who make a lot of money?
    So I heard Sales People are going to be commission only.
    Computer sales people work on commission only?
    Why do supervisors get raises and sales people don't instead they decided to cut our commisisions
    •  
      CommentAuthorbiggysmalls
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2007 edited
    if you dont like the person helping you becuase you cant understand them then ask them to find somone else and dont be a dumb **** (auto-moderated for foul language)i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorGazogi
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2007
    I only have one thing in response to your comment. No computer sold in a retail store today will come with Microsoft Office. They can't do to monopoly laws against Microsoft, enjoy paying an extra $300 for that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2007
    That's true. Laptops (and some PC's) sold in Fry's have 60 day trials of Office 2007 Home and Student, but none have a full version.
  3.  permalink
    The reason for this is because they provide no training to their employees and then force them into commision. Commision, however, only applies to certain items that Fry's specifically wants to sell. So, to SURVIVE the employees have to try to force specific products on people, regardless of whether or not they want it or if there is something obviously better right next to it.  

I was on commision in cameras for about two weeks before I quit (I worked in the front for about a month before that) and can completely attest to this truth. I didn't know a thing about digital cameras and was taught nothing about them. So, when someone asked me about something I was forced into a moral ambiguity where I had to either confess that I knew nothing (thereby sacrificing my sale and securing the fact that I was now making even less than I had in front check out), or B.S. it enough to get the poor guy interested. Occasionally I made sales but often times I was happier to sell things that didn't have commision because I felt like the person actually wanted what they were getting.  

Not to mention that every couple hours (or days, if you're lucky) your manager will ask you why your commissions aren't higher, why your sales are so low, force you to talk out a plan for improvement. Its despicable. The poor guys lie because they are forced to until they become a big enough idiot to do it all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2007
    I don't get it why are employes bashing each other... This is funnyFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDazed838
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2007
    The months I spent in Computer Sales was less than fun to say the least. The top sales people were generally the ones who hovered around the laptop area like sharks in the water and refused to help anyone they thought to be less than profitable. All the accessories folks who were helping out in the other aisles are always being sent to do tasks and odd jobs around the department leaving people like myself who actually care about the customers who are there to look at desktops and accessories and other things BESIDES high end laptops to take a financial beating by receiving less commission and constantly hounded by the supervisor staff about my numbers. However, if it wasn't for people like me then no one would ever want to shop there since you would receive no service unless you wanted a top end laptop with a 5 year Performance Service Contract. I told my manager I was going to get a new job, that when I was moved to returns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2007
    everytime I go there when its busy there are tons of sales people hovering over my sholders when im surfing the web on the 17" fujitsu. you guys are crazy. let me have some privacy... at times there are more sales people then customers it freekin rediculous... you guys need to get a life.i am a worm.
  4.  permalink
    I had a lady that could barely speak English try to tell me that I needed a pink sheet filled out in order for me to buy something. So I let her fill out her sheet (so she can get her commission) then right in front of her I ripped it up and threw it on the floor. Fry's Employess can kiss my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    Your pretty fcuked up.. you should continue not to shop at frys.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2007
    @Fryssucks!!!! : Thats pretty messed up. Shes just trying to make a living like you and trying to put food in her kids mouths.
  5.  permalink
    I'm fucked up? If she would have just been honest then I could deal with that. But the fact that she lied to my face....fuck that! You want the commission? Then do your job and earn it. But don't try to lie to my damn face and tell me that I NEED to have a pink form filled out.  
    FRYS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2007
    The reason she lied is becuase most people for some reason dont like the fact the others earn commission. They feel like they are always trying to push them up and everything and they feel as if the commission is ADDED to the price of the product. They all have different white lies to try to avoid customers that don't want them to receive a commission.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMlbz420
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2007
    if you were helpfull and attentive im sure very few customers would mind you making a commission off there items. but if your a dick then drown in debt.  

i have gone looking for salespeople who were helpfull on a previous visit. or earilier on in my shopping to have them add items just because they were honest and polite.  

but i have also refused to buy things once at the register without removing a salespersons name when dealing with people that were arrogent or rude.  

example would be one of the many times i have come in to build a new computer and i would spend an hour picking out a cart full of stuff before needing somthing under lock and key. ussually memory, if the sales person is at all more helpfull than just operating the key i often suggest they add the rest of my items and even come back if i grabbed something else before i went to the register.  

no one lies because they have to they just do it because its the easiest way. try being honest and pleasent once in a while. if people like you they will have no problem helping you out. if a customer doesnt want you to recieve a commission you probably dont deserve it.  

having a family to feed doesnt automatically qualify you to recieve a commission for being a liar or a dick.