Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Is there anyone that can help me get more fry's cards without having to resort to lying to my customers? I could use some help on wireless too.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Cashiers at store 27 are getting written up for not opening up Fry's Cardss
    Why is Frys so obsessed with getting Fry's cards?
    Does Fry's follow up on feedback cards?
    frys cards
    Why do some employees get fired for fake Frys cards and others just get a verbal warning?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2007
    Look at every quote you hand out, if any items qualify for financing, circle them and mention it to the customer. Simple and fast. As for wireless... I understand that some people need their hand held when it comes to computers, but the vast majority of people are not interested; many even laugh at the idea of forking over one hundred dollars for a wireless setup, it really is laughable IMHO. Yet, it is our job, so we just have to hope this wireless blitz goes away sooner than later.
  3.  permalink
    See, none of the supervisors ever pointed out to me on what to look for on the quotes, they dont even try to explain, and when I ask them directly they give me some advice and simply say things like, well this person and this person have no problems with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2007
    hide the facts, sell them on free, zero percent financing, zero down. loli am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2007
    just look for poor people. that's my best suggestions. lol especially young married couples with a baby. but having them buy something with a 22% apr, you will go to hell haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    irspecialbb:See, none of the supervisors ever pointed out to me on what to look for on the quotes, they dont even try to explain, and when I ask them directly they give me some advice and simply say things like, well this person and this person have no problems with it.

most supervisors at fry's are useless and are idiots like the ones at store 15, 25, 28, 7, and etc lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    MorganC:just look for poor people. that's my best suggestions. lol especially young married couples with a baby. but having them buy something with a 22% apr, you will go to hell haha

Wow married couples with babies are poor now. Great logic.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCorbinCSA
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2007
    best thing is to lie to 'em or just be an attractive young woman( my friend Roxy gets twice if not more cards than i do, our best TV seller is an attractive Asian chick)
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2007
    for some people being an attractive young woman isn't easy.i am a worm.
  4.  permalink
    But it is for you huh?  

Dont lie.
  5.  permalink
    I got suspended 3 days for not asking the secret shopper if they wanted to use their frys card.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2007
    They must not like you.
  6.  permalink
    Dont ask them sign up for a Fry's card.  

Say "Did anyone give you your free Fry's Card today?"http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2007
    Unethical.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2007
    Thats pretty sad when they get a declined notice on something thats free.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007
    i noticed something weired that one customer got approved for like 2000 and he tried to buy tv under financing but the messege pop up on screen that i have to get an approval code from bank.bank talked to customer and refused to give approval code and told that customer cant use that temporary one.i felt like if u dont wanna let customer use that temporary one,why u give credit to them?stupid
    •  
      CommentAuthorfreelancer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    See, none of the supervisors ever pointed out to me on what to look for on the quotes, they dont even try to explain, and when I ask them directly they give me some advice and simply say things like, well this person and this person have no problems with it.  

I don't know about the supervisors in your store, but I ensure that all my associates know that when your POS says "Financing available," that they know what it means. In addition, alot of the (lazy) salespeople never take the "Fry's Promo Plan" tag off the quote. That's an easy way to tell if the item is financiable or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCSAhole
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008
    Username2117, you must be from store 28.  
    You must've been a part of those elite cashiers that blew the secret shopper four weeks in a row.  
    I was week number two. LoL  
    CERTIFY THAT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorirspecialbb
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008 edited
    I am happy to say that I no longer work at Fry's
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    Fry's card honestly sucks the selection of products for financing is horrible!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTony Green
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    Our store has two attractive Asians walk around the store trolling for dupes, I mean suckers, I mean potential Fry's card customers. They usually get 6-10 per weekend day. They walk around for 20 minutes then spend 40 in the break room. It's good work of you can get it.  

Right now is a great time to get Fry's Cards. Customers want the merchandise but they are cash poor. By putting it on their Fry's Card, they think they are not paying for it for one year.  

If a customer is dumb enough to fall for it; give it to them. Hey, you may get some $$$ in the weekly drawing.
  7.  permalink
    username2117: I got suspended 3 days for not asking the secret shopper if they wanted to use their frys card.

lmao
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008
    bmode13:
    username2117: I got suspended 3 days for not asking the secret shopper if they wanted to use their frys card.

lmao

Always ask Frys cards are what pays the bills.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008
    relying on fried cards to pay bills hah.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  8.  permalink
    Before, while excessively smiling, I would hassle the customer and tell them all about 0% interest on selected products, no annual fee, the card is free, I could go on and on... This strategy no longer works- because business has gotten busy for the holidays. The real technique is speed... Shoot, you could even get the person on vanna to say to the customers before they go to your register "hey, that guy (or girl) at register is the fastest/best fry's card person here, ask all about it! register is open." Other things would be to throw in another short line, like after looking at their ID, you can say something quick and simple "With your ID, I can apply you within 2 minutes for a free fry's card 0% interest selected products, no annual fee- it's a good tool to have under your belt." I just throw that in really quickly, and it works pretty well for me. Customers right now are on the move, so focus on the speed. It's kind of like being at an auction, you know how that one guy will always talk fast to rush you into a decision... You got to do that with your customers, apply them quickly, and get them out of the store.  

Another good thing to avoid is giving them the option to deny Fry's card. People say things like "would you like to apply for fry's card today" or "would you like to open a Fry's card today?" Instead of using that you should say something more like "You should apply for Fry's card today." Sometimes they wont even think about it- You're not forcing them to get a card, but at the same time, you should make them think about whether or not they should get one- you tell them their answer right away "You should apply for Fry's card today" or "After this transaction, I can apply you for Fry's card"  

For every customer that comes up- be confident. Just pretend that everybody in the store wants a Fry's card.  

In cases of emergencies, this works best on angry customers too, who bring an ATM card to find that we don't accept ATM, it has to be master/visa/discover/amex... but ATM cards don't work... Tell them how you can save them a trip to the bank and some gas. EVERY CUSTOMER that has come into the store with an ATM card by accident, and got to my register, has applied for a Fry's card with me- it's because the card is a good source of emergencies fund, and they want to save that tank of gas.  

Other than that, look for what the customer lacks. When they pay in cash, you let them know how insecure cash can be now... There's fake money, people stealing money... Shoot, you drop $20, that's 20 BUCKS GONE. You drop Fry's card, come back in to pick up a new one- nobody else could use their Fry's card because we check ID, and even if that went wrong (if you go through their site), Fry's would hold all responsibilities and revive your account if it did get bypassed through lazy workers. You can use the same argument for debit cards, because most debit cards, the cash is immediately taken out of your account- you can lose up to $500 in unprotected funds. With most credit cards, the most you can lose is $50.  

They have too many cards, you stress on how exclusive the card is for Fry's, that it offers financing that we don't do on other cards, and the 0% interest (with minimum 10 bucks a month for 11 months.) It is often found with the credit agencies, when you get too many cards, your credit goes down by 1 point- but after their first $20 of purchases and paid off, their points go up by 2 (gaining 1 all together.) When it comes to credit, every last point counts- I learned this very quickly when I bought my first car :face-plain:.  

Look for what they lack, and offer it to them. Stay confident- don't give them a yes no question cause the answer is more likely no.  

Of course, most of the people are still going to say no, just nothing you can do about it. But honestly, you can easily get 10 a week if you strategize and plan out how you are gonna take down customers - or even things as to which register you are at.  

Things like registers nearby the exit door, courtesy associates get a lot of customers to get frys card too- and often bring it to the closest person at my store. Also, we have a special computer for register 32 where you apply for fry's card... if you're next to the computer- it's easy and convenient to go to. Often times though, I set it up on my own computer- it's quicker and no walking involved... even I'm too lazy to walk to 32 =p  

Well, hopefully this is somewhat understandable. I'm just throwing this all out in the morning- super tired lol. Good luck and cheers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2008
    When I was offered a Best Buy card my first question was how long will it take?  

You might as well have half of the application filled out so you can ask a small set of questions. You might want to tell customers it will only take a quick 50 seconds of their time.
  9.  permalink
    If you have their ID, you can type out most of it really quickly [granted you are a fast typer such as I.] Then leave the last few questions such as Mother's Maiden name for last.  

Sometimes security questions make customers very shaky, so I try to talk a little with them as I apply them quickly so that they feel more comfortable, like talking with a friend. I assure them that the questions are only for their security- so that if anybody else was to have their card, it would be hard to get anything out of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    They could avoid a lot of stress and increase card applications simply by offering a free coffee or other high GP item from the cafe with a new application.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Everyone knows you have to prime a siphon. Hydrostatic pressure, baby.
  10.  permalink
    Joshua: If you have their ID, you can type out most of it really quickly [granted you are a fast typer such as I.] Then leave the last few questions such as Mother's Maiden name for last.  

Sometimes security questions make customers very shaky, so I try to talk a little with them as I apply them quickly so that they feel more comfortable, like talking with a friend. I assure them that the questions are only for their security- so that if anybody else was to have their card, it would be hard to get anything out of it.

You sound like you really like your job.
    •  
      CommentAuthoremulous
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    LOL

RINNY copCy.png
    http://curelost.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    sh00tamcgavin: LOL

He is destroying his virtual liver. What will Mrs. AGP think?
  11.  permalink
    meinside100:
    Joshua: If you have their ID, you can type out most of it really quickly [granted you are a fast typer such as I.] Then leave the last few questions such as Mother's Maiden name for last.  

You sound like you really like your job.

So far. Can get a little pushy sometimes, but I like working.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008
    You should go into sales.
  12.  permalink
    asdf: You should go into sales.

Trying sales.. or at least returns (since it's an easy transfer and near the pic for any problems) :P