Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2011
    Does Frys price match newegg? I know you have to pay shipping and tax on NewEgg but how can Fry's match that?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Frys does not price match Newegg
    Frys price matching question
    Gigantic WE MATCH INTERNET PRICES banner on the store now.
    new internet price match signs
    Fry's Price Matching policy
  2.  permalink
    Yes Fry's does. Fry's matches the price including shipping. Depending on where you live Fry's may also add on sales tax.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    Thanks. They did not do this before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Why not just simply order whatever you need from Newegg (or Amazon) and avoid having to go thru the "Fry's Experience"? Many of us avoid Fry's at all cost (unless they're the only option and it's a dire emergency to get a part or something that no one else has). Going to Fry's is like going thru a TSA screening.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011
    Local matters. If they can match the price and I can get it now. This is the best experience.
  3.  permalink
    Obiwan you are a douche. You hate Frys so much but you are an active member of Frys forum. You won't kill sales of the powerhouse that Frys is. Haha keep hating while Frys stacks money!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
    Guest: Obiwan you are a douche. You hate Frys so much but you are an active member of Frys forum. You won't kill sales of the powerhouse that Frys is. Haha keep hating while Frys stacks money!!

Last time I checked, this is a free country. And...this is an open forum. And...I'm entitled to my views and opinions (which are usually based upon reality). As to Fry's being a "powerhouse", that's pretty funny. At least I don't hide behind a "guest" account.
  4.  permalink
    ObiWan

Account Created Jul 18th 2008

Last Active 4 hours ago
    Visit Count 8412

That is sad, Obi.
  5.  permalink
    Obi one is a dumb fuck for spending so much time here.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2011
    Guest 47511 seems to post some strange comments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
    Guest: Obi one is a dumb fuck for spending so much time here.....

FrenchyFry: Guest 47511 seems to post some strange comments.

Guests seam to spend lots of time here too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011
    I think the guest account should be disabled. One of the reasons this forum has gone down the shitter is that lack of identity. Pseudo-identity, of course.
  6.  permalink
    The guest feature is useful for those of us that want to keep our jobs at Frys and use this board without fear of reprisals.
    Frys is the best/worst place I have ever worked, just sayin'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2011
    This site should use Facebook connect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2011
    I wonder how many people in Corporate actually monitor this site on a daily basis?  
    I know that within hours of some posts made on this site, stores were sent Urgent Faxes from San Jose regarding company policies were not being followed and action was immediately taken against Store Management.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011 edited
    Guest: The guest feature is useful for those of us that want to keep our jobs at Frys and use this board without fear of reprisals.  

Talk about a douchebag response. You have less chance of reprisal at work by posting under "Guest37918' than you would under a made-up login like "McLovinwannabe06"??? That makes no f*ckin sense in any twisted world you might live in.  
    People post as "guest" because they are too LAZY to login once and check the "remember me" box, or want to post supporting opinions to their own posts they made while logged in. (Trolling)  

The LAZY theory suits a lot of posters here who also work for Frys, as I suspect the first question on a Frys application is "Are you lazy?" (If you choose "no"....do not pass go, do not collect commission)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011
    skullywag:
    Guest: The guest feature is useful for those of us that want to keep our jobs at Frys and use this board without fear of reprisals.  

You have less chance of reprisal at work by posting under "Guest37918' than you would under a made-up login like "McLovinwannabe06"??? That makes no f*ckin sense.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
  7.  permalink
    Apple is better than microsoft
  8.  permalink
    Buy it at newegg You dumbass
  9.  permalink
    Guest: Buy it at newegg You dumbass
    Words of wisdomâ„¢.
  10.  permalink
    I think you're right about the lazy comment, I can't tell you how many times I've been up and down the aisles looking for something while the Fry's staff just stand around loose jawed.
  11.  permalink
    Guest: I think you're right about the lazy comment, I can't tell you how many times I've been up and down the aisles looking for something while the Fry's staff just stand around loose jawed.
    They're on commission. Go up to the gaming PCs and ask about the Alienware or Cyberpower I promise you the staff will fall all over you.  

Also, are they telepathically supposed to know you can't find something? Have you tried, like, asking them for help?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013
    Chris_Tomkinson:
    Guest: I think you're right about the lazy comment, I can't tell you how many times I've been up and down the aisles looking for something while the Fry's staff just stand around loose jawed.
    They're on commission. Go up to the gaming PCs and ask about the Alienware or Cyberpower I promise you the staff will fall all over you.  

Also, are they telepathically supposed to know you can't find something? Have you tried, like, asking them for help?

+1 don't expect any help from most if not all of the sales people if you're just walking up and down the cables isle because full commissioned people get most of their commission from selling big stuff. How do you expect help from someone if they are likely to get no income from whatever it is you're looking at... or maybe just a couple of cents? Try asking any merchandisers for help with the small things. They're not commissioned, they get paid the same regardless of what they do. I'm sure they'll have more motivation in helping you. :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorCinnabon
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2013
    Guest: Buy it at newegg You dumbass

How about 'no' you dipsh!t.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCinnabon
    r3j3ct:
    Chris_Tomkinson:

+1 don't expect any help from most if not all of the sales people if you're just walking up and down the cables isle because full commissioned people get most of their commission from selling big stuff. How do you expect help from someone if they are likely to get no income from whatever it is you're looking at... or maybe just a couple of cents? Try asking any merchandisers for help with the small things. They're not commissioned, they get paid the same regardless of what they do. I'm sure they'll have more motivation in helping you. :face-angel:

Just curious. Do cables, accessories and whatnot net a decent amount of commission?
  12.  permalink
    Cinnabon:Just curious. Do cables, accessories and whatnot net a decent amount of commission?
    5-10% commission, but 10% of a dollar is $0.10 and it takes 20 minutes trying to help grandma figure out how to hook up her TV (or, worse, impossible cable adapter guy who just KNOWS they make a 9 pin serial to DVI adapter or some such nonsense) to her computer to earn that ten cents.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    The only times worth writing up cables/accessories are:  

1. You are desperate and there are no customers buying BIG items...  
    2. Customer is buying big items and include cables/accessories in their purchases, it'll just add to your commission.  
    3. Refer to #1
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2013
    *Waves hand using the Force* You do not want to internet price-match at Fry's. You want to pay full-price for that awesome gaming laptop with the PSC. Ah, and don't forget to pick up a copy of Norton too! :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorstev053
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014
    Ok. I understand Frys price match rules and the fact that they apply a shipping charge but which shipping charge do they apply? The standard shipping rate of the other retailer or the overnight shipping charges? That's the details I have not heard mentioned.  
    For example. If an item on Newegg is matched and Newegg charges $7.00 for standard shipping.... $26.00 for 3 day and $35.00 for overnight. Which of these is charged by Frys?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014
    stev053: Which of these is charged by Frys?

Whatever they feel like (meaning - they'll charge the highest possible).  

Which still begs the question - why put up with Fry's crap when you can get it elsewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014 edited
    ObiWan:

Which still begs the question - why put up with Fry's crap when you can get it elsewhere?

Because some people just want to have their product right then and there, even if it means paying extra for it. They same goes for most online stores giving you the option to pay $30+ shipping for "super expedited" shipping, but you still have to wait a few days until you get what you wanted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstev053
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014 edited
    Anakin:
    ObiWan:

Because some people just want to have their product right then and there, even if it means paying extra for it. They same goes for most online stores giving you the option to pay $30+ shipping for "super expedited" shipping, but you still have to wait a few days until you get what you wanted.

Exactly.  
    Its not really that I dont want to "wait" for my item. It's just if I can run 3 miles down the road and get it from Fry's at the price Newegg is selling it for then why not? I am willing to pay the $7.00 extra for the shipping, plus of course taxes.  
    The item I'm looking at for example on Newegg is $599. and actually it has free shipping. Or $7.00 for standard 3-5 business days. or $26.00 3 days..or $35 2 day (i should correct above)..or $54.00 overnight.  
    Fry's sell the item for $699.  
    If I could get them price match...which they should..I assumed they would charge $599 for the item...$7.00 shipping...totaling $606 before taxes. Which when all is said and done around $660 which I'm fine with if I can get it today.  
    Yes of course I could pay Newegg $653 total for overnight but I'm trying to keep from using my credit card and just pay cash at Frys. Thats another story though.  
    Anyways, I just want to be sure Fry's would only charge me Newegg's standard shipping charge for the item.  
    And keep in mind Newegg is offering free shipping on this item which I'm sure Fry's will not honor that.
  13.  permalink
    The policy states that Fry's adds shipping charges on to the price when doing a price match. The policy does not say exactly which level of shipping charges that they will match the price to. Most reasonable people at Fry's read this policy to mean the minimum shipping cost that the competitor offers. However, some (frankly) idiots that work at Fry's don't see the benefit that online price matching offers us as a store. They try to strong arm customers into paying a higher price based on the most expensive one day shipping available. If the store tries to match anything but the lowest possible price (including shipping) simply make a complaint to store management or Fry's Home Office.

It is Fry's policy to match authorized vendors prices including free shipping if it's available. So come in and take full advantage of it.
  14.  permalink
    <However, some (frankly) idiots that work at Fry's don't see the benefit that online price matching offers us as a store. >
    Exactly what benefit were you referring to? The benefit of matching an online price and having my commission reduced to zero? Perhaps the benefit of spending 20 -30 min with a cheap ass customer who only wants to price match cheap junk and get paid nothing for my time and trouble? Price matching makes Frys seem desperate, which they are. I usually run the other way if I see someone coming towards me with a newspaper ad.
  15.  permalink
    Fry's has to look at the bigger picture. Stores are losing customers to online retailers and have been losing them for years. Without online price matching, Fry's might already be out of business. What do you think would happen to your precious commission if Fry's went out of business?
    •  
      CommentAuthorstev053
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2014
    Guest: Fry's has to look at the bigger picture. Stores are losing customers to online retailers and have been losing them for years. Without online price matching, Fry's might already be out of business. What do you think would happen to your precious commission if Fry's went out of business?

It's only a matter of time. Online purchasing will be the norm. Brick and mortar stores will become obsolete. Few and far between. Jobs will be lost due to online shopping. It's been slowly happening for years.
  16.  permalink
    ObiWan:

At mine the lowest shipping cost was added (and if shipping was free, then none was). I have no idea if they're still doing it that way but as far as I know, that was the official policy Fry's-wide.  

Guest:However, some (frankly) idiots that work at Fry's don't see the benefit that online price matching offers us as a store. They try to strong arm customers into paying a higher price based on the most expensive one day shipping available. If the store tries to match anything but the lowest possible price (including shipping) simply make a complaint to store management or Fry's Home Office.

Joe Prick from V-Con? They let you post on here? I guess you have to post as a guest otherwise it would imply Fry's officially endorsing this forum. Anyway, matching the lowest cost shipping option is wrong. When you buy something online, you're accepting a discount on the price in exchange for the inconvenience of waiting for it to arrive, and lack of face to face customer service. When you buy something in a brick and mortar store, you're paying extra for the convenience of getting it immediately, plus likely easier returns. It's completely unfair to compare getting it a week later from Newegg vs. getting it now at Fry's, which is why the fastest shipping option should be added into the price match. If the customer would rather wait a few business days to get it, they can just buy it on Newegg. If they need it now, they're going to have to pay up for the convenience.  

How does price matching help the store? Selling stuff at a negative margin will bring people into the store, but not profit. It only draws in cheap customers who never buy anything profitable anyway. The big box model of electronics retail is just outmoded. Price matching won't even buy time for Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014 edited
    Chris_Tomkinson:
    ObiWan:

At mine the lowest shipping cost was added (and if shipping was free, then none was). I have no idea if they're still doing it that way but as far as I know, that was the official policy Fry's-wide.  

Guest:However, some (frankly) idiots that work at Fry's don't see the benefit that online price matching offers us as a store. They try to strong arm customers into paying a higher price based on the most expensive one day shipping available. If the store tries to match anything but the lowest possible price (including shipping) simply make a complaint to store management or Fry's Home Office.

Joe Prick from V-Con? They let you post on here? I guess you have to post as a guest otherwise it would imply Fry's officially endorsing this forum. Anyway, matching the lowest cost shipping option is wrong. When you buy something online, you're accepting a discount on the price in exchange for the inconvenience of waiting for it to arrive, and lack of face to face customer service. When you buy something in a brick and mortar store, you're paying extra for the convenience of getting it immediately, plus likely easier returns. It's completely unfair to compare getting it a week later from Newegg vs. getting it now at Fry's, which is why the fastest shipping option should be added into the price match. If the customer would rather wait a few business days to get it, they can just buy it on Newegg. If they need it now, they're going to have to pay up for the convenience.  

How does price matching help the store? Selling stuff at a negative margin will bring people into the store, but not profit. It only draws in cheap customers who never buy anything profitable anyway. The big box model of electronics retail is just outmoded. Price matching won't even buy time for Fry's.

What ISN'T "so wrong" about this reply? A discount on the price for lack of face to face customer service? LOL Easier returns? ROTFL  
    In what purple and blue striped world is being asked "do you want the extended warranty with that?" worth paying extra??? How is "no refund" (because you cut the UPC off for the rebate the ends the day after you buy it) considered an easy return???  

Huff and Puff about how great Frys is all you want (because your commission depends on it), but the FACT is it is CHEAPER to buy online, it DOES NOT take a week to receive (3 days or less is the norm with me), and the ONLY even remotely perceptible reason to shop Frys and pay more IS .... if you have to have it THAT day.  

Other reasons to shop online?  
    THOUSANDS of motherboards (and other components) to choose from vs the 20 outdated ones in stock at Frys?  
    Brand new, shrink wrapped items vs labeled (and sneak attack inside box labeled) shelf returns.  
    Reputable 3rd party extended warrantees available vs Frys own "Suckers only PCS".  
    No DIRTY stores to drive to, or walk through (Arlington TX store is just plain NASTY).  
    Actual buyer reviews of items vs the BS spouted by store employee.  
    PRICE. PRICE. PRICE. Have any idea how many items including shipping (or free shipping) that are about 75% or less the price of what Frys charges? If not, browse Newegg and Amazon.  

Of all the electronic purchases I make, 98% are purchased online....as stated above, Frys is the LAST resort only when I need it absolutely today. Frys does not sell ONE SINGLE ITEM I can't find cheaper online either direct ship or ship to store (my local store) for appliances. All the things you obviously love about your work place are the exact same reasons the parking lots (and shelves) are no longer full: Rebates, Commission sales, Bogus extended warrantees, sale items not in stock.  

Face it. Frys is stuck in the past and will go the same way Federated, CompUSA, Circuit City and others have gone....
  17.  permalink
    skullywag: What ISN'T "so wrong" about this reply? A discount on the price for lack of face to face customer service? LOL Easier returns? ROTFL
    The customer service part is useless for tech-literate people like ourselves, but the easier returns is a real thing. With most online stores you have to call up or email and get an RMA and ship it out and wait at least one or two business days (Newegg says up to five business days i.e. a whole week) for your refund/exchange. Even at Fry's, you can return something faster than that.  

In what purple and blue striped world is being asked "do you want the extended warranty with that?" worth paying extra??? How is "no refund" (because you cut the UPC off for the rebate the ends the day after you buy it) considered an easy return???

Actually, my world is green and fuchsia (except on leap years) but I digress. You're being silly: the benefit of buying something in a brick and mortar store is *not* the chance to buy an extended warranty, but the fact you get the item now. Also would Newegg be falling all over themselves to refund you for the item you sent in the rebate for and cut the UPC off of? According to their return policy (http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=6) they will accept returns without a UPC Amazon won't either (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-5?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201077750&qid=1400348448&sr=1-5). I haven't the time to dig up everyone's return policy, but the no-UPC thing seems to be a dealbreaker and hardly unique to Fry's.  

Huff and Puff about how great Frys is all you want (because your commission depends on it), but the FACT is it is CHEAPER to buy online, it DOES NOT take a week to receive (3 days or less is the norm with me), and the ONLY even remotely perceptible reason to shop Frys and pay more IS .... if you have to have it THAT day.

My commission doesn't depend on anything now because I left Fry's several years ago. Please, go ahead and online price match something in Fry's every day: I don't care. I think their policy of matching the lowest shipping cost is stupid and I've said so (both on this forum and to Fry's management) for years.  

Taking commission away from salesmen over something they have no control over (other merchants' prices) is a shitty policy. And maybe you don't care because you think all Fry's salesmen are sleazeballs who got rejected for used car salesmen and telemarketer jobs but they aren't. I may be an ass myself but I worked with some very good men who were actually trying to support their families selling computers at Fry's.  

Other reasons to shop online?  
    THOUSANDS of motherboards (and other components) to choose from vs the 20 outdated ones in stock at Frys?  
    Brand new, shrink wrapped items vs labeled (and sneak attack inside box labeled) shelf returns.  
    Reputable 3rd party extended warrantees available vs Frys own "Suckers only PCS".  
    No DIRTY stores to drive to, or walk through (Arlington TX store is just plain NASTY).  
    Actual buyer reviews of items vs the BS spouted by store employee.  
    PRICE. PRICE. PRICE. Have any idea how many items including shipping (or free shipping) that are about 75% or less the price of what Frys charges? If not, browse Newegg and Amazon.  
    And you're quite right about all of that. But no matter how many bazillions of motherboards Newegg has, at unbeatable prices in pristine factory wrappings with real, salt-of-the-earth customer reviews, they will never be able to get you anything today. Which is what you pay for when you shop in a brick and mortar store.  
    Of all the electronic purchases I make, 98% are purchased online....as stated above, Frys is the LAST resort only when I need it absolutely today. Frys does not sell ONE SINGLE ITEM I can't find cheaper online either direct ship or ship to store (my local store) for appliances. All the things you obviously love about your work place are the exact same reasons the parking lots (and shelves) are no longer full: Rebates, Commission sales, Bogus extended warrantees, sale items not in stock.

That's lovely. Again, can they get it to you *today*? Sometimes you need things now, sometimes you don't. Smart customers will look at the available options and make decisions based on this.  
    Face it. Frys is stuck in the past and will go the same way Federated, CompUSA, Circuit City and others have gone....

They are stuck in the '90s. I am -honestly- amazed they can keep this up in the 21st century. Either Randy Fry is a genius or they're using creative accounting that would make Enron blush.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014
    You missed a couple points. Finding an item on either Newegg or Amazon with a rebate is quite rare (I've yet to see one, but won't say they don't exist). And what is shitty is paying commission on an item you can elsewhere WITHOUT a commission tacked on.
  18.  permalink
    skullywag: You missed a couple points. Finding an item on either Newegg or Amazon with a rebate is quite rare (I've yet to see one, but won't say they don't exist).
    Newegg has a whole section of the site devoted to them. (http://www.newegg.com/Special/Rebate.aspx?rebateType=2&expiredRebate=1&subCategory=0&brand=0&saveCompare=0&action=search&Page=1). Over 40 pages of items with current mail-in rebate offers. None of which they will accept for return without the UPC, of course. It is, to be fair, a scammy practice which needs to die.  
    And what is shitty is paying commission on an item you can elsewhere WITHOUT a commission tacked on.
    Commission has nothing do with it. Best Buy is strictly non-commission and their items aren't any cheaper.  

How much commission do you think Fry's salesmen make, Skullywag? You know it's zero on anything in the ad and price matched stuff, right?
  19.  permalink
    You also lose your commission if the customer comes back for a price adjustment under the 30 price guarantee, or does an exchange or return. The salesperson could have done everything right and still lose his commission and get paid zero for a days work, thanks to Frys and the crooks who run it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2014
    Chris_Tomkinson:
    skullywag: You missed a couple points. Finding an item on either Newegg or Amazon with a rebate is quite rare (I've yet to see one, but won't say they don't exist).
    Newegg has a whole section of the site devoted to them. (http://www.newegg.com/Special/Rebate.aspx?rebateType=2&expiredRebate=1&subCategory=0&brand=0&saveCompare=0&action=search&Page=1). Over 40 pages of items with current mail-in rebate offers. None of which they will accept for return without the UPC, of course. It is, to be fair, a scammy practice which needs to die.  
    And what is shitty is paying commission on an item you can elsewhere WITHOUT a commission tacked on.
    Commission has nothing do with it. Best Buy is strictly non-commission and their items aren't any cheaper.  

How much commission do you think Fry's salesmen make, Skullywag? You know it's zero on anything in the ad and price matched stuff, right?

And I guess ad items make up, what? 99% of Frys sales? I don't think so. Way back in the day when I DID shop Frys regularly, half the items in the sale ad were "sold out" when the doors opened (Frys-speak for dropped the ball, and didn't have them to begin with). And from all the bragging of a couple frequent posters here....quite a bit of commission is being made. Let me repeat....it's STUPID to pay someone's commission on top of price when you don't HAVE to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2014
    andy126: the powerhouse that Frys is

Fry's - a powerhouse. Now that's funny. Were you sober when you wrote that?
  20.  permalink
    Wow, I just came in to see if Fry's price matches, the simple answer is yes or no. Will you have to haggle? I suppose. Will it be somewhat painful? probably. Will I be happy if I get a decent local deal even if I have to spend time at a place that has all the electronics and accessories that I love. Sure.

Shit, I visit Frys just to look around at the cool stuff they have while the wife shops elsewhere. I certainly do not mind that. Have they EVER honored the mail in rebate price on any of the products I purchased in the past? Hell No, Do I still shop there? Hell yes, for the right product. Whatever your personal reasons for not liking Frys, that's your decision. If the question is simply does Fry's price match, well that is why people came to this forum and if they do they do, if they don't they don't. Let the customer decide if they want to go through the hassle, its not up to you to decide for them.

This thread resembles more of a political forum debating Sanders, Trump, Clinton etc. I see enough of that on a daily basis, don't drag that mentality into a forum that was meant to answer one simple question.
  21.  permalink
    Guest 32187,

You fucking dumbass. Bringing this shit back from the dead. It's been almost 5 years since this thread started and 2 years since it was active. Learn to read dates, you stupid piece of shit.
  22.  permalink
    lol yeah this thread was made around the time we would be debating about obama and mitt romney rather than the names you spoke of...