Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrtbolson
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011
    Thought you'd get a kick out of this. It's from the last employee awards 'celebration' at Manhattan Beach. Ripped it from the DVD that was given to employees.  

http://youtu.be/u2f_zFlImoA?hd=1
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5942
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011
    Frankly I'm surprised the SM allowed that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2011
    I hope someone leask this to the Home Office or at least the news and the Asst SM and SM get fired.
  1.  permalink
    It also says a lot about the calibre of employee that Fry's hires.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011
    Meh, not as bad as when store 21 had the girls put on some sexy cop costumes to hand out coupons for platronics blue tooth headsets when the bluetooth law went into effect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    One has to wonder how Fry's gets away with this sort of stuff, and why either state AG's, or the EEOC or Department of Labor haven't come down on their heads for stuff like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNickel9
    I would tap the one in the blue until next inventory :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    ObiWan: One has to wonder how Fry's gets away with this sort of stuff, and why either state AG's, or the EEOC or Department of Labor haven't come down on their heads for stuff like this.

Well being the video posted on youtube was something that went on during off hours + voluntary, plus at 21 voluntarily wore the uniforms, and all the girls are over 18, absolutely nothing illegal occurred, so why exactly would the CA AG get involved in something like this? Only thing they are guilty of is management showing poor taste in a couple of incidents.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    There were children present at what is one of the more TAME displays that have gone on at Store 5. Bad taste, and the ASM told people that if Home Office saw this people would be in trouble...
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2011
    EffFrys: There were children present at what is one of the more TAME displays that have gone on at Store 5. Bad taste, and the ASM told people that if Home Office saw this people would be in trouble...

Exactly, it's a store issue, not a legal issue. I haven't seen any of the other crap there, but if people are willing to bring there screaming kids to an R rated movie (I saw at least 10 under the age of 9 when I went to see Machette about a year ago,) I doubt they were offended by this
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    to the the girl in the blue. Quit frys and work at a strip club. You;ll make more money than the store manager!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    There are a lot of things that Fry's does that are questionable at best, and oft times either illegal or against labor laws. Was this "awards celebration" really voluntary? That is, if an employee didn't attend/participate, would it have reflected adversely on them? What would have happened if one of the "performers" was injured, or possibily sexually assaulted by another Fry's employee?  

Add into all of the complaints about going 100% commission, and making those employees do things like stocking, inventory, etc. - all of which prevent them from selling and making commission (i.e. you're working for free), along with reports of being "locked in" after hours until clean-up or whatever is done. This video is simply fodder for a state AG, or even an employment practices lawyer to use as evidence against Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    Wow Obiwan, you are reaching on this. I hate Fry's as much as the next person, and while they "encouraged" people to show, I skipped out on the last two before I left and never suffered any consequences. You really come off as reaching for any possible way to see Fry's sued, and to be honest, if you sent that video to a state AG using that as evidence of bad business practices, they would laugh at you.  

As for the 100% commission, yea it sucks, but guess what. They arn't the first, nor the last to do it. When I worked at Sears in the late 90's in the computer and office supply section, it was 100% commission with draw. And last I checked appliances there are still 100% commission. Where's your hate directed at them for that? You raise a few good points such as being locked in, but when you spout off with the rest of this nonsense, you come off as nothing more then a bitter idiot and it kills any points you raise, no matter how valid they are.
    •  
      CommentAuthormusic4u2
    Those girls should enter America's got Talent, lol. 0_0
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    Store 5 would threaten to write you up if you didn't show up to these things.
  2.  permalink
    actually, the "police officers" from 21 were not store employees. at least not the ones wearing blue (the ones that you guys are referring to). they were models hired from some external company. on another day, skimpy halloween outfits were used with employees from 21. it was a good weekend.
  3.  permalink
    Obiwan is just another handle of the admin/owner. Work in the "health industry" my ass...What the fuck are you always here talking shit. t0rrent, you are right he is just another bitter mofo that got fired.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrtbolson
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2011
    There was more talent on The Gong Show
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011
    Well it was more entertaining then the ones at Store 21. Those were typically horrible pot lucks with some indian dances, and the kiss ass awards followed. Still the easiest two hours of pay to get and if you worked that day, meant they had to eat the overtime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011
    A bunch of girls acting and dancing slutty? Talent???
  4.  permalink
    releaseeeeee de evillllll