Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Rumor has it. Store #44 will be closed for buisness by the end of this year or next. Glad to not be working there anymore! I wonder if there's any other stores going down the same road??
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Is it true that store 38 is being closed down?
    I'm sure this is still being done in stores.
    Commission Paycheck being less - Being hit from other stores
    My store is going down fast. Heres what its like
    completely about cars what do you drive?
  3.  permalink
    Not true, we are actually making a profit for the company. Other stores in the company are in worst shape. Our store is actually in it's shape because we are the test store for all the changes coming to the company.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011
    I can only wish this is the beginning of the end for fry's.
  4.  permalink
    Fry's has never closed a store, right?  

At least recently, I know they closed and moved a few of the single digit stores.http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011
    Unless you call removing every single person from the Payroll that opened a Store by one way or the other, cutting off their promised Deferred Compensation, and replacing all those employees with helpless Drones, that wonder aimlessly hoping to get a sale, NO , they never Closed a Store, just the People that made it a Store, A " Family " and TK "All the Way " now a company wide joke.
  5.  permalink
    FrenchyFry: Unless you call removing every single person from the Payroll that opened a Store by one way or the other, cutting off their promised Deferred Compensation, and replacing all those employees with helpless Drones, that wonder aimlessly hoping to get a sale, NO , they never Closed a Store, just the People that made it a Store, A " Family " and TK "All the Way " now a company wide joke.

So .... yes then?http://www.frysblackfriday.com
  6.  permalink
    As one of Store 44 biggest customers I just have to chime in here. It is a real irritant shopping in this store now. There are so many commisioned salesman trolling the floor that i can not go for 20 seconds walking around before yet another one "wants to help" me. I used to enjoy going in the store and starting at one end and covering the entire store. More often then not I would buy at least one item. After reading this forum I now see that it is stupid management that is behind this outrage.

I fully expect that Frys will be going out of business within a year or so. I have watched many audio/video/computer businesses fail over the last 35 years and Frys is proceeding "right according to plan". The next step in "going out of business" is to replace high quality brand merchandise with cheap junk with higher profit margins. Traffic is way down to the store because of this new policy of irritating customers with commissioned people. Its only a matter of time before salespeople desperate for income start becoming more pushy and hounding of customers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2011
    Just steal customers from fellow associates. Or force splitting of sales when your friend asks for help. Watch for quote numbers then rewrite the quote. When the customer checks out you get credit.
  7.  permalink
    Guest: I fully expect that Frys will be going out of business within a year or so. I have watched many audio/video/computer businesses fail over the last 35 years and Frys is proceeding "right according to plan". The next step in "going out of business" is to replace high quality brand merchandise with cheap junk with higher profit margins. Traffic is way down to the store because of this new policy of irritating customers with commissioned people. Its only a matter of time before salespeople desperate for income start becoming more pushy and hounding of customers.

Fry's has had commissioned sales people since Day 1, it's not a "new policy".http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    asdf: Just steal customers from fellow associates. Or force splitting of sales when your friend asks for help. Watch for quote numbers then rewrite the quote. When the customer checks out you get credit.

We had someone who did that all the time at 21 in computers, but since his cousin was the DM, he got let off with a write up, a week of opening on weekdays, and had to give up some big sales to the guy he stole from.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsongyot
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011
    yeah !!! Frys are CLOSING !!!!!:face-devil-grin:
  8.  permalink
    21 was lame. All the middle easterners would do that to all the non middle easterners. Steal customers from other sales people and then make up lies about the products. My favorite is when they would say "Fujitsu is the best brand" because 9/10 Fujitsu would be the brand that pays a decent amount of comm.