Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorchillmelt
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011 edited
    Hey guys, I wanted a part-time position at Fry's Concord California. I had my third interview this Monday and took the drug test at the same day. I've not heard back from them since, and there's no way that I've failed the drug test. I have never taken any recreational drugs in my life, or even medicinal drugs for years. What gives?  

I called the store phone, and already called the manager yesterday. I may call the manager for the last time today (said he'll get back at me today) before giving up and look elsewhere.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Got hired at Fryes Concord this week! Wondering how long drug test results take
    I quit Frys after 2 weeks. Cheating on test!
    Did my drug test today
    Jared Got Drugtested Today
    Drug test
  2.  permalink
    Go find a job somewhere else. Fry's is a shithole and a deathtrap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchillmelt
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011 edited
    I have a full-time job that I like, a bit far from home, but I told them I'll be off today for a possible fourth visit at Fry's.  

I guess I can agree - I hated the interview experience. We were held for ~3 hours on first day for the first and second interview, and another hour on the third interview. I met some cool people- the store manager and computer hardware supervisor, and the latter really liked me. I wanted to give it a try either way since I still have no retail experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2011
    It can potentially take up to 5 days to get the drug test back depending on how backed up the testing place is on mailing the results back to fry's. It sounds like you took the test friday, which means it may not have reached the lab to be tested till today. Just hold tight, and if by Thursday you haven't heard back give them a call.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchillmelt
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011
    Okay... So I "worked" for 5 days two weeks ago and was instructed by the wrong manager (I was at electronic components Dept 1, but customer service manager took me in). My department manager is Kevin. As soon as he heard that I had another full-time job, he never got back at me for a schedule. I plan to resign if this is the way they treat employees.
  3.  permalink
    Read the original reply by Cherrypicker.

Now go back and read it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorShigman
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011
    I'm making 9 an hour full time where I'm working at now, and I would gladly stay at this job instead of working at Frys for 13 an hour. See what I'm getting at? It's not worth it
  4.  permalink
    Fry's sucks big time. I quit that shit hole, and now im making 11 bucks.
  5.  permalink
    You know that as a sales, some people make $15-25 an hour right? Just sayin...
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2011
    Yes, and for every salesman pulling 20+ an hour, you got 3 others in draw cause they have the moral fiber to not jack sales, lie to the customer, etc etc. I remember when I gave my 2 weeks notice and they found out how much I made now, they tried to do the whole well our top sales guy makes that much, we'll transfer you to sales. Then they tried to guilt trip me cause I gave my notice a week after I came back from a 6 month layoff due to my shoulder going out on me while at work.
  6.  permalink
    No, you really don't have to fuck over customers to make decent money. Im in sales, I am the middle, sometimes near the top. Usually make $400 a paycheck, been doing a lot better lately and hitting the $500's ( this is after taxes ). I am not saying it is BIG money, but better than $13. Good with school.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011
    Well sadly, for every salesman who does decent without lying or stretching the truth to a customer, there's 5 more who do. Go to service and ask them what there biggest issue with sales is, and it will pretty much be unanimous that they are sick of salesman lying about what the psc does and does not cover since they are the ones who have to fix the screw up from sales.
  7.  permalink
    You know what? I will agree with you there. Sometimes I hear other sales people in my department just completely BS and will say that a product does something it totally does not. Then I get angry when I see the person with higher commission. Then I laugh the following week when I see the huge amount of returns they get. Generally speaking, you get whats coming to you and eventually you will get caught and have no one to back you up.
Add your comments