Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2011
    Just heard through the grapevine that Frys royally fucked every supervisor in the company. Hate to say I told you so buuuuuutttttttttt..........
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Supervisors new rumored pay structure
    I have a question about Frys.
    new supervisor
    How come supervisors and managers don't get in trouble for their coverage?
    Merchandising Supervisor (Dept. 5 AV)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNickel9
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2011
    Haha I'm loving it, fuck the supervisors from Dept 2 in Anaheim, especially the accesory sales Sup, got exactly what his puny scrawny ass deserved.. Feel bad for a one sup tho :/
  2.  permalink
    Ive been with Frys going on 8 years I cant believe they would do this to us. Ive been there through good times and bad times. These have just become the worst times. Frys is going to lose a lot of good people. How am I going to manage people that make more money the me and who in their right mind is going to want to take the supervisor position after we all leave. Randy Fry I hope you burn in hell most of us have families and used this as a way to support them. I desided 8 years ago to make this my career ive been loyal and this is what we get in return!!!! I hope this company goes under and Randy has to give up his jets and islands. So Randy while you sit in your mansion and fuel up your jets and go hunting on your island remember the people who have run your business that you are completely screwing over. My duaghter and my wife thank you for taking food off their table. Fuck you Randy keep wasting money on bull shit and keep taking it away from people that work the hardest from you. So either fire me or demote me back to sales but yesterday was the last day of me giving a fuck at Frys. ill still go in and drive an already sinking ship even further into the groud. I will contact my attorny and the labor board and let them know everything that goes on at Frys. I will also contact every supervisor in the district about a class action suit and about starting a protest in front of your stores. Maybe instead of cutting our pay so draticley you should stop flying mopar around the country every week. Maybe instead of cutting our pay so much you shouldnt have so many company objectives that make our saleman pushy that customers are starting to realize, maybe have better buyers that have better ads that drive in more customers, maybe things should just go back to the way it use to be where everyone was making money and everyone was happy. Randy you have acoplished nothing by cutting our pay and will only hurt the company more. Who is going to drive sales, who is going to keep with the department. Fuck You Randy fry may you and your family one day have a taste of what your doing to your hardest working people.
  3.  permalink
    What did Fry's do to the supervisors? Inquiring minds want to know.
  4.  permalink
    Sounds like up to 75% cuts on their contracts. If that's the case, even the most incompetent salesperson can make more than their sups
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2011
    Oh good GRIEF! I'm glad I'm not there anymore...I called this!!! Years ago!
  5.  permalink
    The detials I got from a supervisor is that departmet 1,5, nd 7 supers will essentially being cut down to under $10 an hour, even sup 1s. They were making upwards of $25-30 an hour after tgeur comission. I did not hear what whats happeneing to dept 3.
    But dept 2 is NOT taking as heavy a hit because unlike dept 1 sups that sell memory stcks and helicopters and do nothing for their department, the dept 2 supervisors actually contirbute to profit. :) Syooisudekt ibk aviyt a 15-20% hit versys the 60--75% hit everyone else is taking.

At my store dept 1 and 5 supes are a joke, they are usually not even at their podiums, usually somewhere else in the store entireley. ANd tell me when the last time you saw a dept 1 sup make the store hundreds of dollars in profit in a single sale.
    I feel bad for the guys with families, but all the dicks who treat their sup position like it means you are god? KARMA BABY!
  6.  permalink
    Are these cuts for the busy stores as well? Because most of the cuts I'm hearing about are at the slow stores that don't make any money.
  7.  permalink
    "
    At my store dept 1 and 5 supes are a joke, they are usually not even at their podiums, usually somewhere else in the store entireley. ANd tell me when the last time you saw a dept 1 sup make the store hundreds of dollars in profit in a single sale.
    I feel bad for the guys with families, but all the dicks who treat their sup position like it means you are god? KARMA BABY!"
    You guys are F'n morons, if you had a clue about the GP$$ or GP%% available for items you might just understand what you said, sup 1's for components are the 'DRAW' for the advertised customer, when you see the home office selling 8gb ddr3 ram for $50 bucks, do you really think there is any margin on it, NO. The electronic components world, i.e. the parts that build every computer in the world have ZERO margin on the street level, margin comes from the accessories that are expected to be sold or the PSC sales expected to be attached to sales, there is NO margin in the parts, so get a clue. Additionally, if you understand what the MP promo's are about and how to read the computer system you would see where the money is both going, and who is getting it, its for sure NOT the department, when AV has $700 backend on a TV being sold for $499, the associate makes ZERO, and the department makes ZERO, Home Office is absorbing ALL the margin, the vendor is paying Fry's, just like EVERY retailer out there to sell the product, difference here is the store & associates get nothing for the work, so if that's the KARMA you would like to see your supervisor get, then it explains a lot about your abilities as a sales person. You have NO CLUE what supervisor's are expected to do or what they go through for you to stay employed in a position!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011
    Its company wide for all supervisors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5942
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011
    Guest 51601 really has no clue. E.C. supervisors got less screwed than other departments. The reason? Components brings in more spread.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2011
    D1 does not bring in more spread $ but it does run at a higher spread %.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5942
    How long have you been gone from Fry's yeahyeah? Components has been top spread for two or three straight quarters now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    About a 1/4. And maybe in your store but there is no way in hell D1 beats out D2 or D5 company wide in spread $
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5942
    It's absolutely true. Every quarter Gena (director) praises about how we are #1 in spread in the company.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011
    I know who gena the amazon woman is. Still do not believe it.
  8.  permalink
    It's really not that hard to believe. Ever walked into the components department and actually found someone to help you?
    Customers usually end up in computers or software trying to get some help with components products.
    If every department understaffed that hard everyone would make spread.
    Fortunately there are some departments who are also interested in making their sales projections. ;)
  9.  permalink
    Fry's did this because they can. Most of you won't quit because you're job scared. You've got yourself in a situation, either by having kids, overspending, or some other circumstance, to where you can't afford to quit basically, and if you can not for long. So Fry's has you in a vice grip, which is perfect for them, because they're going to take the upper ground and squeeze everything out of you. The only solution to this is to be more frugal than a miser, don't have kids unless you can truly afford to give them what they need for a few years without depending on a job, and not taking on ANY debts. Think about what Fry's could make you do to put that food on the table, you've really got yourself in a deep ditch. You might find yourself getting paid even less doing unspeakable things, unspeakable things that will eventually catch up to you. This is what happens when there's a surplus of people and a scarcity of wealth. What's even worse is the people who would literally do anything to take your crappy dead end job. The really sad part is, if you leave, there's going to be some fresh faced punk bending over backwards just to get in your position. Humans, especially the sorts that typically working at Fry's, have the hardest time to figure out that by unifying all of this would be halted, but unfortunately people are just too dumb.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011
    Guest: Fry's did this because they can. Most of you won't quit because you're job scared. You've got yourself in a situation, either by having kids, overspending, or some other circumstance, to where you can't afford to quit basically, and if you can not for long. So Fry's has you in a vice grip, which is perfect for them, because they're going to take the upper ground and squeeze everything out of you. The only solution to this is to be more frugal than a miser, don't have kids unless you can truly afford to give them what they need for a few years without depending on a job, and not taking on ANY debts. Think about what Fry's could make you do to put that food on the table, you've really got yourself in a deep ditch. You might find yourself getting paid even less doing unspeakable things, unspeakable things that will eventually catch up to you. This is what happens when there's a surplus of people and a scarcity of wealth. What's even worse is the people who would literally do anything to take your crappy dead end job. The really sad part is, if you leave, there's going to be some fresh faced punk bending over backwards just to get in your position. Humans, especially the sorts that typically working at Fry's, have the hardest time to figure out that by unifying all of this would be halted, but unfortunately people are just too dumb.

True...very true, my friend. This could be a post for ANY low level or even mid-level job.