Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrafsun32
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011 edited
    So I was in 90 day provision for being late then within this month i was late 6 times and then thats why i got 5 days suspension.now everyone is telling you get fired after a 5 days..so should i just voluntarily quit?? and do i get any unemployment if i get fired and not give me the 2 weeks notice..i don't understand that how they just gave me 5 days suspension without giving me 1 day or 3 day suspension..what do you guys think? they told me come this tuesday..but i don't even work that day..should i just give my vq notice and look for other jobs??  
    I am at canoga park(store #8) CALIFORNIA..just moved up to being camera salesman..i was beating all my fellow camera salesman and its all on commission, i don't get why would they fire me for being late
  1.  permalink
    Honestly, it sounds like you have a problem with being late. A 5 day means your career at Fry's is done.

Be thankful and look on the bright side: you can find an even better job now. Fry's is going to shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrafsun32
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    Guest: Honestly, it sounds like you have a problem with being late. A 5 day means your career at Fry's is done.  

Be thankful and look on the bright side: you can find an even better job now. Fry's is going to shit.

Yea i know i live 20 miles away from fry's also i don't have a car..i travel by bus..so sometimes i like 4-5 minutes late..what do you think should i just give 2 weeks notice before getting fired?
  2.  permalink
    You are already fired. It doesn't matter if you give notice or VQ or not. If you list Fry's as a reference and a company calls, they will only give out your job title, salary, and dates of employment (it's in the handbook), so don't worry about being fired, no one has to know. Tell future employers you quit. Just accept it, try to be more punctual in the future, and move on.

As for why you got fired, the 90 day probation was your "last warning" (your manager should have made that clear). But Fry's can fire you any time for any reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    Any employer can terminate you for being habitually late. If you're fired, you can challenge it legally, but your chances of winning are almost nil given your propensity to be late. If you voluntarily quit, you won't be eligible for unemployment.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011
    Don't VQ don't even bother going back just file for unemployment and move on with your life. I would probably get a job closer to home also.
  3.  permalink
    Fired for being late in California,(I hope you're in California) is actually not so bad given the current state of unemployment benefits. If you can come with any argument in relation to you being late and fry's not helping you out with scheduling etc. then you have a pretty good case for unemployment. NEVER, N-E-V-E-R, NEEEEEVER sign the VQ that they want you to sign at termination. You don't want fucking fry's as a reference anyway, they are a piece of shit company and everyone in an HR dept. who's heard of fry's knows this. Take it from an 8 year vet of various sup positions that the VQ benefits fry's more than you. Try to get unemployment by saying they didn't help you out in scheduling. It's actually the best way to get benefits if you're fired in California for cause. Did I forget to mention, FUCK FRYS!!!? No, seriously. When this company finishes burning itself from the inside out I'll be the first on playing in the ashes; making little fry's ashes sand castles and letting the incoming tide wash them into the sea. Molding little randy effigies and watching them disappear under the water...
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    Guest: If you can come with any argument in relation to you being late and fry's not helping you out with scheduling etc. then you have a pretty good case for unemployment.

So....let me get this straight - you're saying that it's Fry's fault that this guy is habitually late and Fry's should have made accomodations in his scheduling. Seriously?
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011
    He's saying that for the purpose of unemployment and just take it as a lesson learned. Honestly though if your commuting 20 miles by bus every day, take the earlier freaking bus. My wife has to use the bus to get to work and always takes the bus one schedule earlier in case it does run late, she still makes it to work on time.
  4.  permalink
    In Southern California the bus leaves every 20m or so, so either you are 10m late or 10m early. I don't see what the big deal is just leave a bit earlier. Unless your bus is an hour difference or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7305
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011
    I hate to say it becuase obiwan is normally such a douchebag, but absolutely perfect answer. i also am going to treat obiwan with slightly less bias now.
  5.  permalink
    In Southern Ca., the buses NOW run an hour apart, and trying to connect with another line can easily give you a 2 hour wait.
  6.  permalink
    When you come back to work they will have you a vountary quit form. If you refuse to sign it they will schedule you one day of work per week until you do sign it so they do not have to hand out unemployment.
    And really you have IDIOT managers. If you are showing up 4-5 minutes late because of bus schedules they could have just scheduled you to come in at 15 or 45 minutes past the hour to avoid this.