Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthatonekid
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    Fountain Valley location.  

I applied like last week and I was called today, but couldn't answer, so they left a message. They want me to call for an interview, but I haven't and will tomorrow as it is late right now.  
    I have been reading many posts on here and mostly if not all are negative remarks on Fry's. Should I even call back?  
    Most people here say that they treat you lower than dirt, which for me I do not like as it makes me verbally fight back, they also say that payment is low and they aren't the brightest fish in the fish tank?  

I can go up to a customer and ask them if they need help and guide them and so on, but as a salesman, I suck. Every time I visit Fry's the atmosphere seems positive and some employees just walk around like at any other store, what should I expect?  

I know my way around anything pretty much with computers so I doubt they want to put someone who knows something in the car audio department...  

Any tips, advice?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    This should be called the "Fry's Store 15: San Diego Forum"
    Got a call for a interview for computer sales position advice needed.
    What Should I Expect During My Fries Interview?
    Should I sweat the Interview or No?
    Got an interview next weekend
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchFrys
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    At this time, they are ramping up for Black Friday so maybe by the time your training is done half-assed and you shadow a sales assosiate you might miss making possible big commissions on that very week. I would think that they want to hire in the numbers for the holiday season so it's not that critical if you don't have a strong interview, they ofcourse will chose the best of the bunch.  

Just sound confident and say that you understand the need to sell monster cables, PSC (Fry warranties) and other attachments to make an impression.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchFrys
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011 edited
    Oh yeah, I would like to add this. As a trainee, you will be making minimum wage, $8/hr. On black friday, it is manditory for all sales associates to work at least 12 hours, some people even do 16. They have you take 3 lunches to remain in the confines of employment law.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthatonekid
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    I'll make the call and hopefully it goes well. Any advise though? Tips on questions they might ask? Should I just bring my resume in?
  2.  permalink
    thatonekid: I'll make the call and hopefully it goes well. Any advise though? Tips on questions they might ask? Should I just bring my resume in?

For entry level positions, they will hire *anyone*. McDonalds is probably harder to get into. If you are over 18 and know your ABCs (or most of them, at least) then you pretty much have the job.
  3.  permalink
    I worked at Fountain Valley. It sucks. I would recommend if you really need a job. It sounds like you don't if you are doubting working there. I wouldn't go for it, especially if you suck at sales.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2011
    FUCK NO!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9362
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
    Take this experienced advice, don't do it
  4.  permalink
    Guest 9362,

It's been nearly 3 years since the OP actually made the original post. Dumbass.
  5.  permalink
    " I got called today for an interview... should I do it?"

RUN.
    Run like you stole something.....RUN!