Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2011
    Just heard from the grapevine. God that is going to suck for you guys. You have my condolences.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Find out whats on sale at Fry's Black Friday Ad today, here is how
    Is Frys forcing its employees to work 16 hr. shifts on Black Friday..?
    28 things that will happen on Black Friday 2008 at Fry's Electronics
    Fry's Electronics Black Friday Ad 2009
    Frys Electronics Black Friday 2011 ad
  2.  permalink
    5am
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4746
    Heard this yesterday. Apparently they are doing this because target is. Fuck this place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    That doesn't sound good - considering most of the stores are in high crime areas.
  3.  permalink
    Just hears this from someone else this year. I'm going to have to make it there way early this time. :/http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    To be clear, I heard this about store 23, I'm not sure about other locations.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    All frys locations will open @ 12midnight on the day after thanksgiving and you will have to report to work between 10-11pm on thanksgiving day...good luck with that.
  4.  permalink
    They just told us Monday that we would open at 5am because Randy said family was more important, thanks for the bull shit lies.
  5.  permalink
    If they really gave this any thought they would have two shifts. That way they would have a fresh staff taking care of customers. It would be more beneficial for them in the long run.
  6.  permalink
    Fyr's just took a shit all over their eimployee's Thanksgiving lol.
  7.  permalink
    its not frys fault per say, its the fucking greedy ass customers that would rather wait i line to save a few bucks then spend time with family so they ruin it for the rest of us. frys is just following the trend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2011
    That's it...blame it on the customers. It's Fry's senior management that has made the choice to do this. Not every retailer is caving into the pressure. In fact, there's a growing backlash by retail employees on this trend. Read - http://money.msn.com/shopping-deals/article.aspx?post=b78e0601-bbfb-464f-a8a1-6d2ee4759660  

You couldn't pay me to shop at Fry's on Black Friday (or any other day for that).
  8.  permalink
    my roommate works at the Frys flagship store in sunnyvale ca and they have him working 23 house that day from 11:15 that night to 10 the next with only 4 one hour breaks . that means my roommate will not get to in joy thanksgiving at all since he needs to sleep most of the day in order to prepare for the hell that is black Friday at frys. this also shows how this company values it customers since a person that has been up all night and day will most likely not be that helpful when you ask them for info on that dollar router you need so much you drove to the store at 2:30 in the morning to get. look i know that its a business and it needs to make money but at what cost.
  9.  permalink
    I don't see how anyone could possibally blame it on customers. Once upon a time ALL STORES were closed Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas Eve.....and nobody seemed to mind. GREEDY retailers looked at holidays as a wasted selling day. Black Friday was created by RETAILERS, not the customers.

On a side note...Sear will be one of the few stores actually closed this Thanksgiving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2011
    johnnboy2000: my roommate works at the Frys flagship store in sunnyvale ca and they have him working 23 house that day from 11:15 that night to 10 the next with only 4 one hour breaks . that means my roommate will not get to in joy thanksgiving at all since he needs to sleep most of the day in order to prepare for the hell that is b

Your roommate needs to contact the California Labor Relations Board and the EEOC pronto. Common sense says that being required to work a 23 hour period without sleep goes against either state and/or federal labor laws.
  10.  permalink
    ObiWan:
    johnnboy2000: my roommate works at the Frys flagship store in sunnyvale ca and they have him working 23 house that day from 11:15 that night to 10 the next with only 4 one hour breaks . that means my roommate will not get to in joy thanksgiving at all since he needs to sleep most of the day in order to prepare for the hell that is b

Your roommate needs to contact the California Labor Relations Board and the EEOC pronto. Common sense says that being required to work a 23 hour period without sleep goes against either state and/or federal labor laws.

I think the reason they are getting away with it is because they are giving the hour breaks and showing the employees are working less than 16 hours. (Double shift). I think there are a lot of thing Fry's does that are against the law but they figure out how to go around it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchFrys
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011
    Guest: They just told us Monday that we would open at 5am because Randy said family was more important, thanks for the bull shit lies.

Bwahahahaha!!  

I was shocked that this might have been true at first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011
    Store 5 is opening at midnight.
  11.  permalink
    EffFrys: Store 5 is opening at midnight.

They all are  

http://www.frysblackfriday.com