Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011 edited
    Very dangerous to have a sale become available at a certain time, WHILE THE STORE IS OPEN.  

One year in Anaheim, some items were set to be sold at a certain time in the evening, and customers began to surround the DSC at the podium an hour before the sale was to start, WAITING AND STARING down at the Supervisor.  

Needless to say, the was no numbering system or any type of line to keep track of those who were first to get the SALE item as the clocked ticked toward that magic moment.  

Well, when the time hit the Hour, customers were jumping at the podium as the DSC tried to maintain order and those who were able to get one in their hands had them snatched away by other customers as the MOB SCENCE went out of control.  

LP could do little to keep order ( They Probably locked their office door and watched on the Surveillance Cameras ),while most of the Experienced Salespeople, quicky found SOMEONE ELSE to help or quickly headed to backstock, to avoid the angry crowd yelling, screaming as merchandisers stood there where their jaws dropping, not knowing what to do.  

Interesting to see how they will deal with these sales starting at 6 a.m with an open store full of people...
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011
    Another reason to avoid Fry's altogether....
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
    Reason to avoid black friday shopping all together. A lot of stores did this, and the results were varied. Hell, look at Walmart. It seemed every major incident on black friday that made the news, was at Walmart including a lady who was pepper spraying customers so she could get the video game deal she wanted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3254
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011
    Well, I'm in EC and we had our shit down. Form a line and wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5942
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011
    We also didn't have shit on sale.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
    So glad I was at home in my bed with my wife and kid.
  1.  permalink
    I was there for Black Friday and got in and out in 20 minuteshttp://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2011
    Fry's black friday sale hasn't been about sh*t in the last few years....unless you want to give the gift that sucks. Fry's, Best Buy, Walmart all seemed to concentrate on laughably under equiped laptops, and no-name brand TVs this year. Anything of decent quality could be found sitting at home online this year....at better prices. Black friday suckers are gonna feel bad when the GOOD stuff is cheaper a week before Christmas than the crap they stayed up all night to get, standing in a crowd of mutants with B.O.