Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZelda
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011
    Today I went to a Fry's with my friend to look at some mice. A Fry's employee came up to me and started off with "hello to you two beautiful ladies" and started to attempt to sell us the mice (which is fine, really). We kept trying to tell him that we were just looking but he told us that he just wanted to talk to us because we're pretty and if since there is a bunch of cameras on him, if he talked to us near the mice, he would look like he was trying to sell something. No matter how little we engaged him in conversation, he would just keep talking about himself and where he went to school and things he does in his free time to the point that we were very uncomfortable. He ends up giving us his business card with his private number on the back of the card.  

I want to complain because I feel like he really overstepped some bounds but I wanted to see if it's worth the trouble to go through the whole thing. I don't want to sue or anything, I just want someone to know about him. Would you recommend that I complain?
  1.  permalink
    Go back to the store and complain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchFrys
    They got some letters near the registar called "Tell Randy" the beloved owner of the company
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Zelda: He ends up giving us his business card with his private number on the back of the card.  

That's a major creep factor (him giving you his private number). Fry's just seems to attract/hire only the best bottomfeeders.
  2.  permalink
    Zelda: Today I went to a Fry's with my friend to look at some mice. A Fry's employee came up to me and started off with "hello to you two beautiful ladies" and started to attempt to sell us the mice (which is fine, really). We kept trying to tell him that we were just looking but he told us that he just wanted to talk to us because we're pretty and if since there is a bunch of cameras on him, if he talked to us near the mice, he would look like he was trying to sell something. No matter how little we engaged him in conversation, he would just keep talking about himself and where he went to school and things he does in his free time to the point that we were very uncomfortable. He ends up giving us his business card with his private number on the back of the card.  

I want to complain because I feel like he really overstepped some bounds but I wanted to see if it's worth the trouble to go through the whole thing. I don't want to sue or anything, I just want someone to know about him. Would you recommend that I complain?

Unfortunately, you'll run into these types of people at just about any place you go (not isolated to just Fry's). If you feel the need to complain about this individual, you have every right to. Being hit on by another customer is one thing, getting hit on by an employee that should be there to help you is another. As FrenchFrys stated, you can fill out a tell Randy form which will go to Randy Fry himself. And trust me, he really does read each one. You can also speak with the Store Manager. If you would rather not pay a visit back to the store to voice your complaint, just shoot me a PM and I'll send you the SM's email.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2011
    Zelda: Today I went to a Fry's with my friend to look at some mice. A Fry's employee came up to me and started off with "hello to you two beautiful ladies" and started to attempt to sell us the mice (which is fine, really). We kept trying to tell him that we were just looking but he told us that he just wanted to talk to us because we're pretty and if since there is a bunch of cameras on him, if he talked to us near the mice, he would look like he was trying to sell something. No matter how little we engaged him in conversation, he would just keep talking about himself and where he went to school and things he does in his free time to the point that we were very uncomfortable. He ends up giving us his business card with his private number on the back of the card.  

Hello beautiful ladies.
  3.  permalink
    The email address of the store manager, is at the bottom of the receipt.
  4.  permalink
    you should complain, but don't expect anything to happen. That's how this place operates. I know, I work there. There are alot of sleazy low lifes prowling the aisles of fry's, wearing a fry's employee badge. best thing to do is fill out a the customer service form and include the business card with it, that may get something done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    OMG. Let it go...there are bigger fish to FRY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    EffFrys: OMG. Let it go...there are bigger fish to FRY.

Screw that. It's attitudes like yours that allow these @ssholes to "serve" customers. Go back to the store, and ask quite loudly to see the manager.
  5.  permalink
    skullywag:

Screw that. It's attitudes like yours that allow these @ssholes to "serve" customers. Go back to the store, and ask quite loudly to see the manager.

Well he is correct to an extent. You could shrug it off and leave it be (considering no one was harmed really), or you could complain. Fact of the matter is, there's a never ending sea of people like that. You could spend your whole life complaining them out of businesses, but there's plenty more where they came from.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011
    ( @ >.< )=@:
    skullywag:

Well he is correct to an extent. You could shrug it off and leave it be (considering no one was harmed really), or you could complain. Fact of the matter is, there's a never ending sea of people like that. You could spend your whole life complaining them out of businesses, but there's plenty more where they came from.

Some people are SO offended at EVERY little thing...as long as the guy didn't grope anyone, just MOVE ON. Everyone gets so damn sensitive about everything and feel they have to fight every battle. It's passed...the time to say something was right then, not asking advice on a BOARD. Attitudes like MINE fight the battles that MATTER, like how Fry's treats or mistreats their employees, not trivial shit. Attitudes like YOURS just get ignored by sups and managers.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011
    EffFrys:
    ( @ >.< )=@:
    skullywag:

Some people are SO offended at EVERY little thing...as long as the guy didn't grope anyone, just MOVE ON. Everyone gets so damn sensitive about everything and feel they have to fight every battle. It's passed...the time to say something was right then, not asking advice on a BOARD. Attitudes like MINE fight the battles that MATTER, like how Fry's treats or mistreats their employees, not trivial shit. Attitudes like YOURS just get ignored by sups and managers.

So much truth in this. My wife works in the hotel business and she had a customer screaming about being given a handicap accessible room (place, and every other hotel in their chain was sold out that day). She also had another lady bite her head off since she had the audacity to not call her doctor whatever the fuck her last name was. She was a dentist. All she and her supervisor could think about was Stu from Hangover after that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011
    A lot of replies here that befit Frys employees.  

ONE: Hitting on women is NOT in your job description.  
    TWO: After being told "no thanks", TAKE THE HINT. This woman has absolutely no interest , on any planet, in you.  
    THREE: The line about being watched on camera is just plain SLEEZY. Make it look like he's selling something? LOL, more like trying to convince his store buddies he has "game" (not).  

All the sympathy here for a seriously weird employee who harrasses females is shocking. I say fire the creep. Call em crazy...but some women DO NOT enjoy being hit on by creepy dudes while shopping for a TV (or whatever).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBorderPatrol
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011 edited
    t0rrent:  
    So much truth in this. My wife works in the hotel business and she had a customer screaming about being given a handicap accessible room (place, and every other hotel in their chain was sold out that day). She also had another lady bite her head off since she had the audacity to not call her doctor whatever the fuck her last name was. She was a dentist. All she and her supervisor could think about was Stu from Hangover after that one.

Handicap rooms are they best, they have the biggest bathrooms!  

Also, go complain and get this chucklefuck fired.http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011 edited
    skullywag: A lot of replies here that befit Frys employees.  

TWO: After being told "no thanks", TAKE THE HINT. This woman has absolutely no interest , on any planet, in you.  
    THREE: The line about being watched on camera is just plain SLEEZY. Make it look like he's selling something? LOL, more like trying to convince his store buddies he has "game" (not).  

All the sympathy here for a seriously weird employee who harrasses females is shocking. I say fire the creep. Call em crazy...but some women DO NOT enjoy being hit on by creepy dudes while shopping for a TV (or whatever).
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011 edited
    EffFrys:
    skullywag:
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011 edited
    skullywag:
    EffFrys:

Spoken like a true fat chick no one hits on....

Spoken like a true geek whose dates for Sat and Sun night are "Miss Righthand" and Miss Lefthand".
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011
    EffFrys:
    skullywag:
    EffFrys:

Spoken like a true geek whose dates for Sat and Sun night are "Miss Righthand" and Miss Lefthand".

LOL! OMG...such a hurtful, thoughtful comeback. I didn't know hateful bovines were so witty! (Bovine is a Cow)  

Go back to grazing the field and let the others talk, you bitter skank, And if the grass is yellow under your fat face, it's because you are so huge that you're blocking the sun from the ground. Your Saturday and Sunday nights...hell, EVERY night, consist of eating donuts and ice cream and crying at the TV while you watch dancing withe the stars.

Oh, my bad. It's obvious now you aren't iteresed in WOMEN. No comeback intended...just rattling another Frys retard employee's cage.......you show your intelligence everytime you open your yap. No wonder you're stuck at a dead end job, that pays sh*t.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011 edited
    skullywag:
    EffFrys:
    skullywag:
    EffFrys:

LOL! OMG...such a hurtful, thoughtful comeback. I didn't know hateful bovines were so witty! (Bovine is a Cow)  

Go back to grazing the field and let the others talk, you bitter skank, And if the grass is yellow under your fat face, it's because you are so huge that you're blocking the sun from the ground. Your Saturday and Sunday nights...hell, EVERY night, consist of eating donuts and ice cream and crying at the TV while you watch dancing withe the stars.

Oh, my bad. It's obvious now you aren't iteresed in WOMEN. No comeback intended...just rattling another Frys retard employee's cage.......you show your intelligence everytime you open your yap. No wonder you're stuck at a dead end job, that pays sh*t.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    Skullywag, and whoever else read this thread:  

I went to work today and realized that I have been an immature, bullying, jerk, douche, ass, and any other adjectives that fit. I sincerely apologize for coming at you the way I did. I regret it, and I am ashamed that in a time I complained to others that we lack civility, I became UNCIVIL. There is no excuse for it, I took the lowest of roads. The internet is full of cowards who hide behind their safe anonymity, and how I acted was very, VERY cowardly. I hope you accept my apology.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEffFrys
    I went back and deleted my offensive comments.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011
    Yes you should email the store manager so he can tell you to come into the store to tell him what happened while he stares at your tits and tries to fuck you too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorissacB
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012
    I've seen people get pissed off about a lot less.  
    I would get a hold of the Manager in charge normally at the returns area and let them know. I know a lot of girls get eyed up and hit on where I work it's nothing new, but it's not cool for sure.
  6.  permalink
    I was at the fry's on buckeye road last Saturday and I tell you that I have never seen a frys employee act this way. My girlfriend was buys grocery for her baby and the lady gave her this mean look because she was using wic.
  7.  permalink
    God damn people calm down. To the original poster, if you feel you were really violated, then i say speak your mind and go back and tell someone. Its really up to you.