Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhotsauce32
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2012 edited
    What's the likelihood of me being able to either get a refund or exchange for equivalent product?  

I'm sure the sooner I get back to the store, the better, but the timing is horrible for me. I know I should've checked the box before I left the store (it even says that on the receipt, which is why I'm afraid Fry's will give me a hard time if I try to return/exchange), but I was in a hurry because I have to get to work. I was literally at the store 20 minutes ago, just got home and discovered a crucial component in the item I bought was missing (item in question is a SATA to USB adapter; missing component is the actual adapter. Fail. Got a power cable, SATA cables, but no USB adapter). I would've gone right back to the store, but I literally have to leave for work in 10 minutes  

Any advice?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2012
    Be Nice, say you shop there often and they should help you out.
  1.  permalink
    If that fails, cause a shitstorm.
  2.  permalink
    Just come next day tell them then ask for an even-exchange. I would talk to the manager in charge first and escalate if necessary. There should be an email on the receipt so send that email tonight. It'll CC the home office so itll look bad if they deny- director's theory is that if customer takes the extra effort they probably arent lying. + its open box so they dont really have proof that you did it.
  3.  permalink
    But at least you got 5% off!
  4.  permalink
    I think over 50% of their electronics department is "5% off". There have been days when I was was looking for an item and didn't see a single box without the 'Sticker of Doom".