Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    So I had a interview today, it went really well. I have a second interview tomorrow. (fast) I'm sure that's good, right? What should I expect?
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Second interview?
    JOB interview
    Fry's Interview In San Jose This Coming Week..Any Advice?
    Got an interview next weekend
    How to grab Fry's attention for a possible interview.
  3.  permalink
    You need to ask yourself. How desperate you are for a job? Otherwise go look elsewhere.
  4.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker: You need to ask yourself. How desperate you are for a job? Otherwise go look elsewhere.

I have came to the conclusion that pretty much everyone on this forum hates Frys... -_____-"
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012
    Well considering some of their practices. For example, clocking people out for one minute during black friday around 5 am so they wouldn't have to pay double time. Write ups for not selling enough over priced monster cables. Flooding the sales floor with commission sales and turning around and writing up/firing those who don't make enough money to avoid draw, accidentally giving your commission to another employee so you have to wait a week to get your proper paycheck while the other person gets fucked as their next check is going to be squat due to the adjustment. I mean I could go on and on how they skirt the line of legality on abusing their employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    indeeditsme:
    SDCherryPicker: You need to ask yourself. How desperate you are for a job? Otherwise go look elsewhere.

I have came to the conclusion that pretty much everyone on this forum hates Frys... -_____-"

Ya think , DiNozzo?
  5.  permalink
    ObiWan, you're a troll. I don't really care for what you have to say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    Guest: ObiWan, you're a troll. I don't really care for what you have to say.

Wow, I guess it's a good thing he was replying to Indeeditsme, and not you. Now your free to ignore him, huh?:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    A "guest" calling someone a troll. Yeah...that's original.
  6.  permalink
    It's a shitty job. The reason the interviewing process is fast is because they will hire anyone. Burger King is probably harder to get into (and a more rewarding career).  

If you get "promoted" into sales, you get to stand around all day and fight with the other twenty salesmen for the three or four customers in the department, while trying to sell extended warranties and WiFi installation. If you don't become a salesman (women at Fry's will be cashiers, or maybe appliance/wireless salespeople - computer salesmen are 90%+ male), you'll either make $8/hr stocking shelves, or $7.25 an hour (+.0018% commission on the stuff you ring up, about $2/hr) to be a cashier. Wal Mart pays better. Don't waste your time, OP.
  7.  permalink
    Most of the negative comments are from people who actually work or have worked for Frys. It is a depressing, demoralizing place that is only interested in squeezing the maximum amount of money from customers while riding a fine line regarding the legal/ illegal exploitation of its employees.
  8.  permalink
    Ive actually never worked there but i know quite a few that have along with being a costumer of the place.  

Guest, you should expect to also be probed, up the ass, and tested for every STD on the planet.  

The only thing that place is good for is buying someone you hate a cheap ass computer that has a processor that melts itself, and maybe one of those remote controlled helicopters in the kids section.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4479
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012
    my advice,

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS FAST AS YOU CAN OUT OF THERE

We're doing you a favor
  9.  permalink
    I started working at Fry's because at the time jobs were hard to find and the economy was in bad shape. It was a struggle for a long time, but better than not having a paycheck. I am now a keyholder and while I am not making boatloads of money, I don't have to worry about paying the bills anymore. Yes, Fry's changes the pay all the time, and it's not a lot of money, but it's a job that pays the bills and lets me live life a little. Yes, I stress about work and the stressful work environment and stressful manager I work for... it truly sucks. But, not as bad as not having a job. Stressing about the job is not as bad as stressing about not being able to pay the bills or not having a job. I always have the option of finding a better job! I am thankful for the opportunity Fry's has given me, and I will be a faithful employee as long as I can.
  10.  permalink
    ^ Someone bored at home office?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2012
    My Unemployment checks were probably bigger. Never had to worry about a job or a check.
  11.  permalink
    I was self employed before Fry's so I didn't get unemployment...
  12.  permalink
    as a current fry's employee, my only advice to those thinking about applying to this hell hole is "PLEASE JUST STAY THE FUCK AWAY"...
  13.  permalink
    Just don't go to sales
  14.  permalink
    I'm a delivery tech, they promise us 12-14 an hour, I've been working there since fall 2011, I'm still at 9 an hour. For all the back breaking work I do. Crazy thing is, I do HTI as well. All this work for shit pay, nobody should work here. I was a key holder when I worked for Radioshack, and sometimes I wish I had never left.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2012
    Guest: I'm a delivery tech,they promise us 12-14 an hour,

Did anyone of authority (manager) put that in writing? If not, you're screwed.
  15.  permalink
    My last job at at 24 hr store that had a pharmacy in it (not Walmart) was always trying to get rid of me and my coworkers in any way the manager could that wouldn't make her out to be the badguy. How secure is a non-sales job at Frys?
  16.  permalink
    Really, if you want to stay at Merchandiser for life that's about as secure as you're going to get at Frys. Unless you can make it to a management position or even into the Service Department.
  17.  permalink
    How easy is it to make friends- or at least be on friend terms- with equal/lower-level workers there? Does friendship exist in the workplace or is it a scarcity?
  18.  permalink
    "How easy is it to make friends- or at least be on friend terms- with equal/lower-level workers there? Does friendship exist in the workplace or is it a scarcity"

seriously? are you like 40 or something? lololol
  19.  permalink
    nope. just curious. I have no idea what such a huge workplace is going to be like...
  20.  permalink
    asdf: My Unemployment checks were probably bigger. Never had to worry about a job or a check.

Mine where. But at the same time I don't want to go back to unemployment. That shit sucks worse then Fry's
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
    Philip J. Fry:
    asdf: My Unemployment checks were probably bigger. Never had to worry about a job or a check.

Mine where. But at the same time I don't want to go back to unemployment. That shit sucks worse then Fry's

Hows getting paid to do nothing worse than frys lol?