Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorawkward
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2012
    Ok so I'm a salesman and I set up a lot deliveries a week,  
    Now and then stuff happens that keeps us from delivering  
    the product. (by that I mean Fry's selling the product I had  
    previously sold to someone else) so yesterday I'm at home,  
    they call me and give a phone number to call the costumer because  
    apperantly we didn't have any product to deliver...  
    but I had put it in the delivery cage :face-plain: well now it's gone.  
    I said  
    " no, I'm not calling them. I'm home, my day off, you guys deal with it."  
    Can they legally fire me/ suspend or whatever for not wanting to do  
    What they asked me to do on my DAY OFF?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Can you be written up for something off the clock?
    The Benefits of Working at Fry's?
    I love shopping at Fry's as much as I hate working there.
    What is the hourly rate for working at Frys?
    Supvervisors Lie: They say no overtime no working on schematics after a certain time
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    They can legally fire/suspend/whatever you for no reason at all. They're Fry's - they can get away with whatever they want ('cuz no one has the cajones to stand up to them).  

That said, are the salespersons directly responsible for making sure that a purchased product is delivered, or is that the responsibility of a different department? Where I'm going with this is this - does Fry's make you directly responsible for making sure that Fry's doesn't do what they did (selling a product previously sold to someone else)? Common sense says no. If the product was taked for your client, they shouldn't resell it. Fry's needs to find another store with the product and deliver it to your customer.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    Typically and this may have changed since i'm going on 3 years now of being out of that place, when you ring up the sale and delivery charge, there's a delivery log where you enter everything in and you stage the product in an area for all the deliveries and tag it as sold with a copy of the invoice. Ten bucks says someone else wanted to sell that item, took off the invoice, and then sold it as his own item to someone else who took immediate possession of the item so when it came time for delivery, the item was gone.
  2.  permalink
    Thats fucking beautiful. why does this shit not surprise me anymore....Well buddy i'd start looking for a new source of income quick. You know...just incase they do find a reason to can your ass. good luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorawkward
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012
    All I'm responsible of is to place the product in the "delivery cage" and when the delivery date comes the Service Dep. deals with it, I don't know what happened to the product up to date.  

And the bastards decided to take my commission, around $70 worth because I "lost" product and didn't do my job properly.