Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2012
    I receive a weekly e-mail that addresses employment practices/labor-related issues. In this weeks edition, there was an article on pre-shift meetings and payment of wages. Department of Labor (DOL) requires that wages be paid even for pre-shift meetings. Here's the link to the DOL web page regarding overtime pay - http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/overtimepay.htm  

FYI, the DOL has an app available for the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to help employees independently track the hours they work. Using this app could go a long way in showing how Fry's is trying to (illegally) circumvent labor laws to their advantage, and the employee's disadvantage.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Is Frys forcing its employees to work 16 hr. shifts on Black Friday..?
    Unfair DM gives employee Paul Macias no closing shifts
    going to vcon
    VCON
    Loss Prevention Would Take Things While You Are Writing it Up
  2.  permalink
    Obiwan they make you clock in before them even the associate awards breakfast. Also, if you are a commissioned only associate there is a sheet that they fill out to get you an hourly pay during said meetings.
  3.  permalink
    Good to know 46176. I start sales on monday and was curious about that. Thanks for the info.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2012
    For clarification - I don't, never have, and never will work for Fry's. I did work for the firm that helped handle their risk management and insurance.  

My posting was more related to the schennegains that went on, on Black Friday, when Fry's purposely clocked out and then in for one minute those that started before 5am (they did this to avoid paying overtime). Search the prior posts here.
  4.  permalink
    As a full commissioned salesperson, you have to clock in for morning meetings if you're scheduled before close but you DO NOT GET PAID FOR THEM and you DO NOT GET PAID FOR STAYING AFTER CLOSE unless you're finishing up a sale. Most DM's only pay for 1 hour for week for regular VCON and you're lucky to get that.