Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2007 edited
    OMFG! SO WE GOT TO WORK AT 4AM AND THE LINE WAS 1 AND A HALF TIMES AROUND THE STORE I WOULD SAY THERE WERE A COUPLE OF THOUSAND PEOPLE. I COULDN'T BELIVE IT...I ASKED THE FIRST FIEW PEOPLE IN LINE THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD BEEN WAITING SINCE 5PM ON THANKSGIVING DAY! ONCE THE STORE OPEN WE WERE SOLD OUT OF ALL AD PIECES WITHIN 1 HOUR! WOW! SERIOUSLY ALL THE ISLES WERE SWAMPED WITH CRAZY MEAN CUSTOMERS I GOT YELLED AT AND CUSED OUT TWICE! I SAW CUSTOMER ARGUING WITH EACH OTHERS! TO MAKE IT WORSE THEIR WERE MULTIPLE CASHIER LINES THAT WERE UP TO 4 HOURS LONG AT TIME AND CUSTOMERS WERE CUTTING TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE! I THINK THIS YEAR THEIR WAS WAY TO MANY PEOPLE AND I ATTRIBUTE IT TO THE FRY'S AD BEING LEAKED ONLINE 4 DAYS IN ADVANCE. THERE WAS WAY TO MANY CUSTOMERS AND THEY COULDN'T LET EVERYONE IN THEIR WAS ANOTHER LINE OUT SIDE FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES JUST TO COME INTO THE STORE. I WOULD DESCRIBE THIS BLACK FRIDAY AS THE BUSY'EST BLACK FRIDAY EVER! WOW! ANYONE ELSE CARE TO COMMENT OR TALK ABOUT THEIR STORE OR THEIR EXPERIENCE!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Videos of San Diego store's Black Friday
    System Hacked at Fry's San Diego or was System just down?
    Black Friday crazy checkout lines at fremont 2007
    Black Friday work hours legal?
    Seeking Info Re Black Friday Wage and Hour Issues
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2007
    What has the world come to ... is the economy really that bad that people need to save this money by waiting 4 hours in line?
  2.  permalink
    It wasn't that bad in San Diego. It was entertaining to see the Customers yell and scream and call for the Manager. Just smile and nod.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    today was a fun day :)the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    so how much did you make flea?the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2007 edited
    It's the worst black friday I have ever experienced in the many years I worked at frys
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Not enough for all the hours and work I had to do...I would rather have had it off.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    I saw some people fighing over a $299 desktop bundle! hahahaFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  3.  permalink
    it wont let me post my video on youtube...turn HTML on board mod...  

Here is the link:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYi5Qo4lGcc  
    I stand in the aisle @ 5 am on Black Friday 2007...I hear the rumble...  
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007
    greencard:What has the world come to ... is the economy really that bad that people need to save this money by waiting 4 hours in line?

Yep ;DSuperhero!
  4.  permalink
    The lines at the San Diego store hit six hours. The system was crashed for several hours if you add all the time up. At one time, a customer was next-in-line to be rung up and waited for 50 MINUTES.. no thats not a typo.. because our system was down. The supervisors and managers refused to issue manual bags because the sales people don't get credit on sales if we do it manually.. not to mention.. how do you do a rebate manually?

Hopefully our store Manager will upgrade our computers, which are from the 1990's and overheating like crazy. And corporate needs to upgrade the hardware in home office.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-RB8qnJpeQ">2007 Black Friday at Fry's Electronics Part 1</a>
    <video type="youtube">o-RB8qnJpeQ</video>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VJul-igWg">2007 Black Friday at Fry's Electronics Part 2</a>
    <video type="youtube">u9VJul-igWg</video>
    •  
      CommentAuthorfreelancer
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007
    Wait wait, if the sales people give you a manual quote, you can use that number on the manual bag receipts. When you ring it up later, the sales guy can get his commission.  
    If our manager refused to issue manual bags, well, that just wouldn't happen. In fact, we issued manual bags when everyone got their $200 bag, just as a precaution. But that's probably cause we're close to corporate and don't want to screw up.
  5.  permalink
    [quote][cite] freelancer:[/cite]Wait wait, if the sales people give you a manual quote, you can use that number on the manual bag receipts. When you ring it up later, the sales guy can get his commission.
    If our manager refused to issue manual bags, well, that just wouldn't happen. In fact, we issued manual bags when everyone got their $200 bag, just as a precaution. But that's probably cause we're close to corporate and don't want to screw up.[/quote]

I guess that makes sense. I was forgetting that we type it all in manually later, which we could do via a quote. I was still told that they don't get comission though, although what you said does make sense.

We never saw any manual bags. That customer was literally the next person in line for 50+ minutes. I know this because I was anticipating the system to crash and was keeping a mental note of the time any time the system would act funny.

I can understand the 'wait it out, it'll be fixed' theory, but they should have at least given a few cashiers manual bags. I know how to do a manual no problem, unlike most of the other cashiers. At least we could have gotten a few customers moving along. Give 10 cashiers a manual bag, assuming each manual takes 10 minutes (at worst), that would be 50 customers that could have been rung up. It would have been better than standing around doing nothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorXeggreo
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    I had a customer yell the first time the computer crashed on me, he was waiting around for like 25-30 minutes waiting in front of my register, it didn't help that I turned my back to him and started talking to the other cashiers, lol, not my fault he was waiting in line for 4 hours, or that the computer crashed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfreelancer
    Manual bags are better than no transactions, as you alluded to.  
    I'm quite surprised that they weren't issued as a precaution to all cashiers in the early morning. I thought it would just be a standard thing. I believe we do that on all our large sale dates.
  6.  permalink
    [quote][cite] freelancer:[/cite]Manual bags are better than no transactions, as you alluded to.
    I'm quite surprised that they weren't issued as a precaution to all cashiers in the early morning. I thought it would just be a standard thing. I believe we do that on all our large sale dates.[/quote]

I tried to convince the supervisors to issue manuals bags, and they ignored me. Seeing as the store manager (Sean Archer) was there, I didn't want to push any buttons. If they would have issued the bags we could have rung a few people up while it was down.

This is why I should be a supervisor. Or am I missing the reason for why they didn't issue manual bags?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    Concord24BottomFeedr:it wont let me post my video on youtube...turn HTML on board mod...  

Here is the link:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYi5Qo4lGcc  
    I stand in the aisle @ 5 am on Black Friday 2007...I hear the rumble...  

lols, looks like you got run over. nice video...same thing at where i work.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round